Re-mote-el Hel! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Re-mote-el Hel!

jaytrezza
12-08-2008, 06:27 PM
fed up using 4 remotes. i might be purchasing a harmony...here's the catch. i want to get the harmony 880 but i understand there is a big cradle/charging issue(as the remote is not very stable in the cradle it may not charger) or i can just un-scrooge up and buy the harmony one for $100 more. any interface experiences or opinions on universal remotes would be greatly appreciated!

jayt

pixelthis
12-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Heres the skinny, you might think you have an HT "system", but without a unifying universal remote you dont.
You just have an amalgamation of "stuff" that produces various pictures and sound
after much prompting from a collection of pods on your living room table.
Get a universal, programable remote, you wont beleive how simple life will get,
trust me, its not a luxery, its a nessesity.:1:

scottmtb88@yahoo.com
12-10-2008, 10:51 PM
i'd go with the harmony one. its the most user friendly i've used so far. it also does the best job of recognizing which components are already on or off so it wont turn your tv off if you're just switching between cab/sat and dvd or something

Rich-n-Texas
12-11-2008, 06:45 AM
I've never had a charge issue with my 880, but that's not to say others haven't. However, Logitech from what I've seen is very good about getting replacements out to the customer. I haven't been following this issue so I don't even know if it still is one but, if I had to choose between the two and could afford it I'd buy the Harmony One without a doubt.

blackraven
12-11-2008, 06:58 AM
This may help- http://www.remotecentral.com/

jaytrezza
12-11-2008, 08:26 AM
CNETeditors rate the Harmony One as THE BEST non-rf universal remote on the market. Sooooo that is what i am purchasing!

JayT

Duds
12-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Just picked up the Harmony 670 for my bro for x-mas. Everything I read on the remote forum at avsforum.com said the 670 does everything the 880 does and has a better button layout.

N. Abstentia
12-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Just picked up the Harmony 670 for my bro for x-mas. Everything I read on the remote forum at avsforum.com said the 670 does everything the 880 does and has a better button layout.

After going through a pack of AAA batteries per week, he'll be wanting that rechargeable 880 :)

Plus the 880 has an LCD screen with more function buttons, and it's more customizable.

jaytrezza
12-15-2008, 04:41 AM
that certainly is a set-up to be proud of . i love the paradigms.what was the total price tag of your system?

Duds
12-15-2008, 05:51 AM
I read about a lot of issues with the 880 as well, guess you gotta pick your posion.

After going through a pack of AAA batteries per week, he'll be wanting that rechargeable 880 :)

Plus the 880 has an LCD screen with more function buttons, and it's more customizable.