Help with B&W804S [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help with B&W804S

vikaschhariya
12-08-2008, 02:08 PM
I am currently assembling a Hi-Fi system purely for listening to music. I am a big fan of B&W 800 series and in the budget I can afford, I am keen on buying B&W 804S. My dilemma is what is the best electronics to go with it. The options that I have reviewd are as follows -

1. Classe System - Integrated Amp (CAP 2100), CD Player (CDP102)

2. Linn System - Pre Amp (Akurate Kontrol), Amp (Akurate 2200), CD Player (Akuate CD)

Can anyone provide guidance on if these are a good match with the B&W series - which one of them goes better with them. Or am I completing missing the picture here? I have looked at a few but these two sounded most impressive. I did not hear Macintosh - would that be better that these two here.

Thanks

Ajani
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Classe is owned by B&W and they should go together well... Once you like the sound, that's all that really matters though...

RGA
12-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Classe is a fine enough match for B&W but SIm Audio might be worth a listen as well.

You might also be able to pay less and get a higher model in the B&W line looking on the used market - there are lots of them on the used market so you may save some bucks.