Polk SRT Signature Reference Theatre System [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Polk SRT Signature Reference Theatre System

O'Shag
12-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Since I heard them more than ten years ago I have wanted Polk's ultimate speaker system for home theatre use. I had the Polk RT5000 (second to the SRT) which consisted of RT3000p, CS1000p (best center channel - even better than the SRT center) and FX/1000. I always loved the RT3000p - they are excellent speakers that throw an enormous soundstage with better than average scaling. The timbral/tonal balance was very good as was detail retrieval. Bass performance was well above average. Due to cycling in new gear to the system I sold the RT3000p and regretted it ( If you ever get a chancve to buy a first rate speaker system the RT5000 will deliver). I still have the FX/1000, which are overkill rear bipole/dipole surrounds, and the CS1000p.

I have been fortunate to find the exceedingly rare Polk SRT system - Polk's ultimate statement, here locally for sale. I didn't hesitate. I hope to setup a Polk 'Seismic' system for home theatre purposes. I can't wait to pick these puppies up this Tuesday!! Happy Christmas to me!!! :2:

audio amateur
12-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey Shag, long time no see! Good to see you around here again. Enjoy the new setup:)

O'Shag
12-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks my friend. Hope you're doing well.