Hello members [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello members

chuckwolo
12-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I am new to your forum and look forward in sharing opinions and reviews with all of you. For the last few years I have slowly built a solid audio and video set-up. Although my speakers are about 12 years old everything else has been bought in the last few years and some just in the last few months. The last piece a just upgraded to is a B&K ref 70 processor. I am enjoying it but was not happy to find pout that I will have to wait for a upgrade to a certain chip so it can process the new audio formats. Does any one know when this will happen? Again, I will list my equipment on my next post so I can give my opinion for anyone interested in my experience with those products.:

Rich-n-Texas
12-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Welcome chuckwolo.

According to the features list on the B&K website for your pre/pro, you can use the 5.1 / 7.1 analog inputs for the latest audio formats which are DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD. As far as I know, the only source material right now that has these formats are Blue-ray disks.

Impressive looking processor BTW. :thumbsup:

blackraven
12-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Welcome. That B&K looks great. I've always liked B&K products, they have a lot of value for the money and are built solid.