Tru Audio Bad boys [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tru Audio Bad boys

jmoney1
12-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Ok so lets try this again. I do apologize for any inconvenience I have caused anyone. I am new to this forum and the forums scene as well. This is my first time ever posting into something like this. I am not sure of the format or what should be said. I am completely satisfied with this product and the service I have obtained. So if I am doing something wrong here people please let me know. I would like to be part of this community and I am planning to stay involved and in touch. I was just trying to spread the word of knowledgeable people and good products. Thanks for understanding

I have recently purchased a set of these speakers from Advanced Technology Services (http://advtechservices.net). I am so completely impressed with the product that I am post a release on them that I found. Please check them out. I hope you are as impressed as I am. Feel free to drop me an email if you want to here some more feedback. These have to be the best sounding speakers I have ever heard

The Bad Boy Series (http://http://advtechservices.net/products/index.php) are state of the art high performance speakers meant to be handle the demands of the most discriminating tastes as well as deliver powerful sound. They boast:
A custom MDF enclosure that is put into the wall at the pre-wire stage. This allows the air space to be exactly the same in every installation, thus optimizing the performance and controlling the resonance.
6 ½” Tru-Life™ Woven Carbon Fiber Midrange and Woofer Drivers, which is very stiff – limiting cone break up at lower frequencies, yet still providing smooth sound for voice and dynamic range.
Four-layered voice coils for each driver: Since the Bad Boy’s are designed to handle high volumes; dissipating thermal energy was a concern. To handle this, each driver features three voice coils instead of just one. These voice coils are also four layers opposed to the typical two. This gives the coils enough inductance to naturally limit the high frequency range, but also gives the woofers the additional weight needed to play low frequencies.
1” Tru-Life™ Silk Dome Tweeter: Chosen for the Tru-to-Life sound character and dispersion patterns that also allows the tweeter to be played at higher volumes without the listener experiencing ear fatigue. This is especially important in home theaters where loud volumes are often played.
 Magnetically attaching cloth grills in black or white that attach seamlessly to either a silver or black face plate

The Top of the Line BB-465 LCR features three 6 ½ woofers & one midrange in cast aluminum baskets, a 1” neodymium, ferrofluid cooled tweeter, is rated at 5-350 watts, 92 dB sensitivity and priced at $1,500 each retail. The BB-265 LCR ($1,000 each) is a smaller version of the BB-465, the BB265 WSUR ($1,000 each) is an InWall rear or side effect speaker and the BB-822 CSUR ($800 pair) is an InCeiling effects speaker.

Extreme Performance, World Class Materials, Design Oriented, – the TruAudio Bad Boy Series.

audio amateur
12-04-2008, 09:59 AM
. . . .

RoadRunner6
12-04-2008, 10:19 AM
spam reported

atomicAdam
12-04-2008, 10:46 AM
spoke with OP, he is going to re-word his post.

he stated he didn't mean to make it sounds like spam. so lets give him a chance and see what happens.

-adam

jmoney1
12-04-2008, 10:56 AM
I am sorry for any inconvenience I have caused the community here. I am editing my first post and adding some content. I am not a spammer just new to this stuff. Please take it easy on me I am a first timer. Thanks

RoadRunner6
12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
In both of his threads he is pushing Advanced Technology Services.

Pretty Obvious!

atomicAdam
12-04-2008, 02:58 PM
RR6 that is true, but maybe he is just really happy with the service.

We'll see what he next post are like and if they tend to be on the ad side I'll take care of it.

But he emailed and responded and says he'd like to be part of the community. I also made it clear we don't like shills on AR...so...

-adam

jmoney1
12-04-2008, 03:41 PM
I dont know how to reply except for the fact that I was extremely happy with the service and the products I have received. I just recently purchased that products and am learning how to use them. I was hoping to find a forum that I was able to ask questions about these items I purchased if I had any. I did not know how to start a thread so I said what I thought I was supposed to say and copied some of the info I got off the web. In hopes of getting some positive or negative feedback. So I guess I learned the hardway

atomicAdam
12-04-2008, 03:47 PM
I did not know how to start a thread so I said what I thought I was supposed to say and copied some of the info I got off the web. In hopes of getting some positive or negative feedback. So I guess I learned the hardway

That might be the problem. You might have wanted to put in quotes or a different font type the info off the web. Remember, that info is basically an advert, so, when you copy it and don't distinguish yourself from the copy than it seems as though you are spamming.

Generally the fellas/ladies on the forum are nice, they just have a knee jerk reaction to shills and spam. which is totally understandable.

Don't worry, the other night out to dinner with a friend i've not seen in 3 years, and rarely heard from, i stuck my foot in my mouth pretty good when i said, 'who's maggie' to which and and she replied, 'me, you know, if fiancee' - doh! i blamed it on the black box of silence i've had to deal w/ for the past 3 years.

jmoney1
12-04-2008, 03:50 PM
thanks for the advice

emesbee
12-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Just out of interest, jmoney1, is there some feature of those speakers that you are not entirely happy with, or feel could be improved in some way? I know that you said you were completely impressed with them, but no product is perfect, and there is always some room for improvement, even with the best products. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

markw
12-05-2008, 03:08 AM
spoke with OP, he is going to re-word his post.

he stated he didn't mean to make it sounds like spam. so lets give him a chance and see what happens.

-adamThe two imbedded links to various places on their site don't do much to dissuade me from that belief.

And, I don't see hin asking any questions, either.

You're a good man, AA and are giving him every chance in the book but, somehow, I think you're being snookered.

Here's his only other post on this site: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=28847

that's two...

Rich-n-Texas
12-05-2008, 06:55 AM
The two imbedded links to various places on their site don't do much to dissuade me from that belief.
Me neither. Anybody remember Jim Golding? He started out this way; didn't convince us that he wasn't spamming in the beginning (also the originator of the "Sticky Bobby" reference, which to this day cracks me up when I think about it) couldn't get anybody to buy his tweeter modifier (or whatever it was) and eventually dissappeared.

And, I don't see hin asking any questions, either.

You're a good man, AA and are giving him every chance in the book but, somehow, I think you're being snookered.
If you were a girl Adam they'd call you... easy. :smilewinkgrin:

Here's his only other post on this site: http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=28847

that's two...
Well, he's actually got 9 posts, most of which are his original posts, then edited, and then him apologizing for coming across as a shill.

My conclusion: He's a shill.

markw
12-05-2008, 07:17 AM
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, odds are it IS a duck.

Ofr for any dog owners out there, If it looks like **it, and smells like **it, I don't have to touch it and taste it to know what it is.

jmoney1
12-05-2008, 08:24 AM
I would have to say from an installers point of view he said they were not a very easy installation. This was due to the boxes they had to be mounted in. I watched them as they put the speakers in so I guess I should of explained myself better. It was a good thing it was done while the house was being built. I don’t know if it would have been possible after having the Sheetrock up I think it would have been a great task. Again though I am not installer, just an avid listener. The only other real complaint I have is the grills on the speakers themselves they appear to be cheap. I think they could be constructed a little bit different. I had read some other forums and spoke to other people. There were very few complaints one other I heard had to do with the speaker terminals, but again I did not install them. As I get to use them more I hope to have some more feedback for you.

RoadRunner6
12-08-2008, 11:15 PM
I for one don't want any feedback. Thanks

jmoney1
12-09-2008, 06:22 AM
I for one don't want any feedback. Thanks

Don't worry about it I would not waste my breath with you.... And your welcome:smilewinkgrin:

pixelthis
12-09-2008, 10:58 PM
UHHH, did anyone actually look at this companies site?
I just scanned over it but it seems like they mainly do business in Oregon.
RR(and others) are all the time pushing Emotiva, panasonic, etc.
If this guy is "spamming" its very inefficient.:1:

Audio72
11-30-2018, 02:35 PM
The Bad Boy speakers might sound good, but the company is awful, very unethical and quality on most all products are terrible. Beware and warned! The CEO and upper management do not care about the customer or how to do business. Never buy TruAudio!