Quote of the Day [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the Day

ForeverAutumn
12-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shiit.

:smilewinkgrin:

bobsticks
12-04-2008, 08:10 AM
“I’m just going to say one thing. I’m really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada. I just want to comment on how it’s become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don’t know what that’s about, but enjoy the game tonight.” ---Sean Avery

Anybody think that either Fall Girl's quote or the Avery bit should be worthy of an indefinite suspension?

ForeverAutumn
12-04-2008, 08:48 AM
“I’m just going to say one thing. I’m really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada. I just want to comment on how it’s become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don’t know what that’s about, but enjoy the game tonight.” ---Sean Avery

Anybody think that either Fall Girl's quote or the Avery bit should be worthy of an indefinite suspension?

Avery's quote was uncalled for. Mine is simply a fact. :ciappa:

I think that an indefinate suspension for a comment that has nothing to do with the sport is silly. Especially when you consider some other suspensions that have been given for far worse. Even Bertuzzi only got 20 games for his attack on Steve Moore. :frown2:

I say let Avery out on the ice and let the players handle it.

bobsticks
12-04-2008, 09:04 AM
(sniff,snort)

It's times like this that you're my favorite. I tried to give you Rep Points to no avail but know the thought was there.

...and fwiw, I concede that your lil' adage has been 100% true in my experience.

ForeverAutumn
12-04-2008, 10:20 AM
:blush2:

;)

Rich-n-Texas
12-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm going to steal that quote and try it out. I'll tell the potential laydy that it came to me one night in a dream. :ihih:

02audionoob
12-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Avery's comment was boneheaded, but sometimes I wonder why the sports leagues feel the need to intervene. Professional hockey isn't a beauty pageant.

kexodusc
12-05-2008, 05:02 AM
Ha ha ha...shared that one with my wife...

On the hockey stuff...I love Sean Avery as a entertainment side show, and I agree, he's never physically harmed a player the way a guy like Chris Pronger or Todd Bertuzzi has.

His "screening" on Martin Brodeur was pure hockey genius, and the idiots in the NHL changed the rules to take away something that everyone could do to increase scoring in the game.

Most of the time he says things alot of hockey folks are thinking, but would never say publicly.

But this time he went waaaay too far, and while I don't think he meant to do anything more than create hype and agitate the other team, he has to understand there are limits to what is tolerable.

It's only words, but any action that harms the image of the league should be dealt with. Give him a good 5-7 games for being a repeat offender, but anything more than that and he's being made an unfair example.

markw
12-05-2008, 05:31 AM
I say let Avery out on the ice and let the players handle it.From what he says, it sounds like they all have :D

ForeverAutumn
12-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Give him a good 5-7 games for being a repeat offender, but anything more than that and he's being made an unfair example.

Looks like Kex was on the money. Avery ended up with a six game suspension, of which he's already served two games, and has to start anger management counciling before Bettman will allow him to return.

Gee, he seems like such a catch. I can't imagine why he can't keep a girlfriend. :rolleyes5:

Rich-n-Texas
12-05-2008, 10:33 AM
...Gee, he seems like such a catch. I can't imagine why he can't keep a girlfriend. :rolleyes5:
If I had a frickin' nickel for everytime someone said that to me......... :mad2:

ForeverAutumn
12-05-2008, 12:58 PM
If I had a frickin' nickel for everytime someone said that to me......... :mad2:

You could buy a piece of bubble gum?

Rich-n-Texas
12-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Ya know? I haven't bought bubble gum in a long time but I'm guessing it wouldn't buy me more than a half stick. :nonod:

Auricauricle
12-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Keep yer hands on yer own stick, boy....

The weekend's comin' up and I'm already on half a pack, if you get wuttimean!

ForeverAutumn
12-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Hey AA, Can you use a different colour for your hidden print please? My Mac highlights this site in light blue for some reason so even when I highlight your text I still can't read it! :cryin:

I've found the Chiffon Yellow to be very effective for light print.

ForeverAutumn
12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Chiffon yellow?!? Whattya think I am, a home decorator?!?

Geez, whatsa guy gotta do aroun' here t' be discreet? Try to be private like, an' every body wants you to try "chiffon yellow"! Well see about that!! (Grumble, grumble).

You mean like this??

I'm sorry, the colour that I was referring to was the Lemon Chiffon, not Chiffon Yellow. You're right, the PINK that you used instead was much manlier.

I could read the pink better without the highlight than with it. I wonder if there's a way to change the highlight setting on my 'puter. I don't have this problem on my PC.

ForeverAutumn
12-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I have chest hair, y'know!

Cool! Me too!

Auricauricle
12-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Thank GOD! I have chest hair, y'know! And pride! Lotsa pride! MANLY PRIDE!

BTW. Have you looked at some of the controls on your computer, like contrast or the dimmer? An adjustment might improve your picture and help you with any eye strain.

ForeverAutumn
12-05-2008, 03:58 PM
How did my response to you end up above yours?! Kinda takes the thunder out of the joke now. :(

Auricauricle
12-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Whatta WOMAN!!!

Say....You got hair on yer knuckles, too? Geeze, I'm gettin' excited here. Shower time!!

To answer yer question, I had a class A doofus moment, and double posted. Realising my mistake (fer I am a thoughtful, cool headed sort) I deleted one to accomodate the flow. By doing so, I only compounded the problem! So, you happy NOW??

:D La la la la la la.....

Oh, the time! Gotta go, everybody....Mah stogie an' beer in GM's honor are waitin'!!

bobsticks
12-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Looks like Kex was on the money. Avery ended up with a six game suspension, of which he's already served two games, and has to start anger management counciling before Bettman will allow him to return.

Gee, he seems like such a catch. I can't imagine why he can't keep a girlfriend. :rolleyes5:

Well, it would be easy to dispell all this that easily but it's apparent that the fix was in. There was talk about anger management even before Avery met with Bettman, regardless of what Brett says.

Interestingly, one thing that has never been debated is the validity of the claim. In Bettman's rush to turn hockey into cricket on skates he's exchanging marketability for the PC police. But, Avery’s ex-girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert is dating Calgary defenseman Dion Phaneuf. She also had been romantically linked to Mike Komisarek of the Montreal Canadiens.

She's a hockey groupie and she's sluttin' around the league. No big deal, no moral quandry for me but the truth is the truth. If you can't stand the heat don't f**k everybody in the kitchen.

This could have been a marketing dream and Bettman's turned it into tea and crumpets...and this is from the same guy that hands down lesser sentences for hits-from-behind, stomping, and sticking. Hell, you could slewfoot someone, give 'em a concussion, and only get three games.

The reaction from the Stars has been disappointingly but predictably "scape-goatish". I think Mike Ribero's secret mancrush is showing...weasely little ferret.

“I could forgive somebody for making a mistake or making a few mistakes, but it goes a lot deeper than that,” goalie Marty Turco said.

Nice. What a pansy. I could say that Turco makes multiple mistakes every game and that's why the team sucks and just leave it at that. I could do that but I won't 'cause that's not the Sticksean way. You see, I knew Marty in the 'zoo, and while he wasn't that much of a pinprick then clearly something's changed.

BTW, ol' boy, some of us remember your bachelor party you hypocritical piece of sh*t.

Even Captain America, Peter Brady-haired, mule face had something to say...prolly just living in fear that Chuck Liddell is gonna say something about "sloppy seconds" and he'd have to do something about it.

The bottom line is that this situation had legs like no other...good against evil, baby. In a sport that lacks personalities because of helmets and visors and short shifts this could've pushed the NHL easily past the NBA simply by piquing the interest of the casual observer. Avery is a perfect combination of Dino Ciccarelli, Liberace, and Kim Jong-Il...and the political correctness cops win by default 'cause the league wants to get all Darcy and Bennet.

I like that Getzlaf kid and by geographical history I should be a Wings fan but just out of spite I think I'll root for the Sharks for the rest of the years.

--sticks (looking for a new team)

RoyY51
12-05-2008, 07:08 PM
...there are OLD PEOPLE (myself included) who would really like to comment on this thread. However, the use of less-resolving font colors makes that impossible. Could you please rein in your creativity and give us Old Farts an opportunity to contribute?

trollgirl
12-06-2008, 12:17 PM
To get a bit more on track, here is a quote from me, Laz:

Inside every man is a Dennis Leary trying to get out.

bobsticks
12-22-2008, 07:03 PM
"Consistency", Gary.

bobsticks
02-05-2009, 05:13 PM
That train she is a-rollin' down the tracks...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=265791&lid=sublink05&lpos=headlines_main

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
This'll be a slow story methinks. 1-in-10 shot of a team landing him at the deadline.
The cap hit for taking him next year is substantially less because of some weird CBA rules.

Plus he's gonna have to ride the bus in the iron-lung league (AHL) for awhile to prove he can avoid the bad spotlight before anyone gives him a shot in the show again. Unless the Cowboys want him?

bobsticks
02-05-2009, 05:48 PM
I feel a sig-bet coming on...

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 05:52 PM
I feel a sig-bet coming on...
Name your terms Stick-man. :smilewinkgrin:

bobsticks
02-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Hhhmmm.

Well, I'm inclined to think you're right about the money issue. The teams that could possibly afford him aren't really contending so it makes no difference.

The problem for me is that Dallas is actually playing well, and so, not nearly as desperate as I'd like them. It's too early to declare definitively but if they're looking close in a few weeks I can still see my original proposition between the Stars and the Rangers taking place...

...but it's too risky for something as serious as a sigbet...but I know I gotta give you a little juice too, so I'll fall back to the Michael Vick theory that he'll spend little time in the minors 'cause nobody really cares about athlete's morals despite what the media says.

Avery skates training camp 09/10 and sticks in the big show from day one.

Yay or nay?

Luvin Da Blues
02-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Hhhmmm.

Yay or nay?

A BIG F!!CKIN' NAY, or a least I hope so. :ciappa:

bobsticks
02-05-2009, 06:31 PM
A BIG F!!CKIN' NAY, or a least I hope so. :ciappa:

Don't mess with me BueManChu...these are serious discussions for serious times...the fate of all women and Gary Buttman's twelve year old daughter is in the offing...

Plus it's the first recorded AR sigbet...dude...ssshhhh.

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Hhhmmm.

Well, I'm inclined to think you're right about the money issue. The teams that could possibly afford him aren't really contending so it makes no difference.

The problem for me is that Dallas is actually playing well, and so, not nearly as desperate as I'd like them. It's too early to declare definitively but if they're looking close in a few weeks I can still see my original proposition between the Stars and the Rangers taking place...

...but it's too risky for something as serious as a sigbet...but I know I gotta give you a little juice too, so I'll fall back to the Michael Vick theory that he'll spend little time in the minors 'cause nobody really cares about athlete's morals despite what the media says.

Yay or nay?
I said 1-in-10 at the deadline, not next year. I'm inclined to believe he will be in the NHL next season for a few reasons, the cap hit softening obviously, and short-span in the AHL to show the world he's "changed". Plus teams will have a summer to forget about him a little. That's why I said it would be slow, not non-existant.

This year is almost impossible - he wouldn't be traded. It will be a re-entry waiver claim to cut his 4 M/yr salary in half for the buying team - 3 years left makes him too expensive for a waiver chance for a playoff run. He is still expensive at that price, but far more attractive to teams desperately seeking grit. Except no playoff team is rolling the dice with his destructive potential with Chris Neil out there available for less, and no 3 year deal attached. So not this year. He could be a Dallas Star next year to start off, sent down to the minors and recalled to cut his salary in half next season, too, hoping a team claims him. But I could see him being bought out or traded to another team, the idea being the other team sends a contract they want off their books back to Dallas and Dallas tries getting some value out of it.

I doubt the Rangers will take him back after the stuff with Lundqvist and the local media there, but Sather has let me down in the past. Still I would take the bet it won't be the Rangers.

The NHL is far less forgiving typically than other sports. Ray Emery is still in Russia, and Avery makes him look like Ron Francis.

Avery will play NHL hockey again. Todd Bertuzzi proves that. But not this season.

(though I've been wrong before)

bobsticks
02-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Fair enough, you did say that...but this isn't over. Before all is said and done you'll be sportin' some grotesque Sticksean wisdom.

Oh yes, it's true.

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Fair enough, you did say that...but this isn't over. Before all is said and done you'll be sportin' some grotesque Sticksean wisdom.

Oh yes, it's true.

That's okay, I look good in anything...

kexodusc
02-06-2009, 05:08 AM

Oh yes, it's true.
Hmmm....we may have to get ol' Swishy involved and do a box pool or something in the playoffs....:crazy:

kexodusc
02-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Did Kex just dodge a bolt of lightning?

The New York Rangers are considering bringing Dallas Stars forward Sean Avery back to the team, reports the New York Post.

According to the newspaper, the Rangers held discussions involving the front office, coaching staff and players to determine if the move would be beneficial.

Prior to Avery's time in Dallas he played one and a half seasons for the Rangers. He signed with the Stars as a free agent this past off-season.

The Rangers are currently in Dallas for a Friday night contest with the Stars. According to the Post, Rangers general manager Glen Sather is expected to talk to Stars co-general manager Les Jackson about the move.

If the move were to be made, the Stars and Rangers would need to work out a plan that would see Avery placed on waivers and then, if he cleared, assigned to the Rangers' American Hockey League affiliate, the Hartford Wolf Pack.

Before the forward could be accepted by the Wolf Pack off waivers, the two teams would need to reach an agreement to place him on re-entry waivers that would see the Rangers get Avery.

According to the New York Post, the Rangers would then pay half the cost of his remaining contract (four-year, $15.5 million). New York would pay a pro-rated percentage of his 2008-09 salary starting from the day Avery joined the team this season. They would be responsible for $1,937,500 in both salary and cap charges over the following three seasons.

The entire process would need to be completed by the NHL's trade deadline on March 4th for Avery to be available to the Rangers for the playoffs.

While the Wolf Pack would be willing to take Avery, the Manitoba Moose, with whom the Stars have an AHL-NHL loan agreement, would not.

Mark Chipman, owner of the Moose, says the Stars have not inquired to see if the team would accept Avery.

"We haven't discussed it because it's not something we're thinking about," Chipman told TSN.

Avery was suspended for six games by the NHL due to inappropriate comments he made back in November. He has not played since that time and has been in the NHL/NHLPA behavioral health program.

He is expected to be cleared from the program later this week or sometime early next.

I saw Sather interviewed that week Avery pulled this stunt - he said then the Rangers wouldn't bring him back, and the word around the league was the NHL (offices in NY) didn't want him in that city....

But here's the Sather factor I eluded to earlier. He is a creature of habit who will bring back players that worked out before, even if there's no evidence it will work again....

The NY Post is the laughing stock of hockey media up here in Canada mostly because of Brooks, and the fact they fabricate stories more than every other outfit put together...but the part about the Moose makes sense - they might be holding out for some player compensation just to take Avery (which could benefit Vancouver)...the plot thickens...

I don't believe it, but suddenly I'm not nearly as sure as I was 16 hrs ago...

bobsticks
02-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't believe it, but suddenly I'm not nearly as sure as I was 16 hrs ago...

Hehehe...Happy learned how to putt, uh-oh!

Rich-n-Texas
02-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Uhhh.. My Dallas Stars absolutely PUMMELLED the Rangers tonite... 10 to 2.
How sad it must be right now to be a Rangers fan. :lol:

kexodusc
02-07-2009, 05:42 AM
Uhhh.. My Dallas Stars absolutely PUMMELLED the Rangers tonite... 10 to 2.
How sad it must be right now to be a Rangers fan. :lol:
Your Dallas Stars?

You're a hockey fan? Glad you didn't leave all your better senses north when you moved south. :biggrin5:

Ironically, the team that improved by epic proportions since removing the Avery-infestation laid a beating on the team that wants him...

Dallas is going to be interesting to watch - despite some bad injuries, including losing their captain, heart, and soul in Morrow, they've been one of the best teams in hockey the last while...Turco is playing like Turco again. They might be a big buyer at the deadline, and depending what moves they make, could really make it interesting in the 1st round of the playoffs. Turco can win a series himself and saves his best for the playoffs. Richards is starting to heat up.

bobsticks
02-08-2009, 08:26 AM
To be honest, I just made that prediction based on some guesswork and reasoning--if'n I'da called somebody and got even tentative confirmation I wouldn't have let you off the mat.

Sather can seem inconsistent but if there's one thing that can be said about Ranger's management it's that they're both sensitive and reactive to the fans. Hence the reason they have the most rabidly loyal fans out there. They love Avery in New York, I mean they can't get enough of him.

Looking at Dallas, yes it's true that they're coming together and, indeed, playing well. That said, with Zubov perpetually on the outs and the relative inconsistency of the forwards, I'd say they have some needs too.

Look for Redden and Dubinsky and maybe some fodder from Hartford for Avery and a pick.

bobsticks
02-11-2009, 02:55 AM
hehehe...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=A2KIRyosrpJJVGsAIgJ7vLYF?slug=ap-stars-avery&prov=ap&type=lgns

Rich-n-Texas
02-11-2009, 05:44 AM
Your Dallas Stars?
Well, the house announcer says: "...YOUR DALLAS STARS!!!..." and I'm sure he's talking to me too.

You're a hockey fan? Glad you didn't leave all your better senses north when you moved south. :biggrin5:
I was a dyed-in-the-wool Flyers fan from way back in the 70's (before you and sticks were probably even born :biggrin5: ) but my interest waned for a few years when I started going to NASCAR races which then became my sport of interest, but ever since the Stars won the Cup a few years back, I've brought the sport back into the fold, so to speak. I also used to play street hockey when I was a kid.

Ironically, the team that improved by epic proportions since removing the Avery-infestation laid a beating on the team that wants him...
I wish I had watched that game (pre-occupied with some dame I met) because for as long as I can breathe I'll ALWAYS hate the Rangers... and the Devils... and the Islanders... and the Capitals. :mad5:

Dallas is going to be interesting to watch - despite some bad injuries, including losing their captain, heart, and soul in Morrow, they've been one of the best teams in hockey the last while...Turco is playing like Turco again. They might be a big buyer at the deadline, and depending what moves they make, could really make it interesting in the 1st round of the playoffs. Turco can win a series himself and saves his best for the playoffs. Richards is starting to heat up.
Yes they are, and yes I will. :yesnod:

ForeverAutumn
02-11-2009, 06:28 AM
pre-occupied with some dame I met...

Attaboy! :ihih:

bobsticks
02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Attaboy! :ihih:

Don't get too excited. He meant:

http://filmjournal.net/clydefro/files/2007/01/les-dames-du-bois-de-boulogne-poster.jpg

Rich-n-Texas
02-11-2009, 05:30 PM
I don't get it, but I don't speak French either. :sosp:

bobsticks
02-11-2009, 06:46 PM
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=28407&page=3

I'd like to call your attention to post #67 and the next few as well...what?...who said what?...Kex said....

hehehe

kexodusc
02-12-2009, 05:06 AM
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=28407&page=3

I'd like to call your attention to post #67 and the next few as well...what?...who said what?...Kex said....

hehehe
It looks grim for Kex's 176-0 NHL prediction record...Thank heaven Kex hedged himself out of a sig bet. How's that for risk management? :biggrin5:

Rich-n-Texas
02-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Dallas is going to be interesting to watch...
Well, they weren't interesting to watch last night. Shut out 1 - zip. :frown2:

ForeverAutumn
02-12-2009, 06:11 AM
Well, they weren't interesting to watch last night. Shut out 1 - zip. :frown2:

You think you've got problems? On Tuesday, the Leafs were up 4-1 with about 12 minutes left in the third period and they lost in overtime!!!

I never thought I'd say it, but I'm losing faith. :(

Rich-n-Texas
02-12-2009, 06:25 AM
I lost Faith too. She was my first true love. :sad:

Luvin Da Blues
02-12-2009, 06:37 AM
You think you've got problems? On Tuesday, the Leafs were up 4-1 with about 12 minutes left in the third period and they lost in overtime!!!

I never thought I'd say it, but I'm losing faith. :(

Guess you don't wanna hear that Mats is finally starting to play to his potential here in Lotus land. :prrr:

ForeverAutumn
02-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Guess you don't wanna hear that Mats is finally starting to play to his potential here in Lotus land. :prrr:

I loooooooove Mats. :ihih: (I need a smiley with a heart)

But even Mats couldn't help with the year that the Leafs are having. They need defence. They have no problem scoring, the problem lies in keeping the other team from scoring. :frown2:

The only time that I really miss Mats on the ice is in a shoot out.

bobsticks
02-12-2009, 10:13 AM
But even Mats couldn't help with the year that the Leafs are having. They need defence.

This is true. The funny thing is, that on paper, these guys aren't and shouldn't be this bad...at least not cellar-dwelling 35 points behind conference leading Boston. I rarely say tis kinda thing but it really has to be in the coaching. There's alot of talent on this team with the exception of Antropov...about whom Kex is the only one around here I can get to believe is the reincarnation of Grape Ape without the purple.

Big goofy bastard.

kexodusc
02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
This is true. The funny thing is, that on paper, these guys aren't and shouldn't be this bad...at least not cellar-dwelling 35 points behind conference leading Boston. I rarely say tis kinda thing but it really has to be in the coaching. There's alot of talent on this team with the exception of Antropov...about whom Kex is the only one around here I can get to believe is the reincarnation of Grape Ape without the purple.

Big goofy bastard.
C'mon. Sooner or later everyone's gonna have to start realizing next year ain't gonna be the year...

Taken from Toronto Star, October 1st, 2017

With another season fast approaching, Leafs fans will place high expectations on 17-year vet, Nik Antropov.
"Ja, I really think this is the year I can score maybe 30 goals, for sure, you know", predicted the big Russian centre.

"Your first year is about adjusting to the speed of the game, and the North American style. Your second year maybe you're a bit more confident and try to build on what you've learned. Years 3 through 6 are all about the contracts, man. Short-term, 1-2 year deals max. By 29 you're a free agent but after 11-12 years in the league, you gotta start to earn your ice time. Years 13 and 14 were hard with the injuries, but I really felt my game starting to come back in the 2nd half of 2015, and of course last year was just a re-building year for the team, so everyone's numbers were down. But with the kids we have here this year, I'm really excited about the opportunity."

Interim GM Cliff Fletcher, back for his 4th stint with the team said re-signing Antropov to a 3 year deal was a no brainer. "Who are you? Did you take my slippers?"

Antropov will centre a line with Wendel Clarke Jr, and re-patriated Leafs forward, Yanic Perreault, who joins the team for an NHL-record, 7th time.

bobsticks
02-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah...what he said.

Big goofy bastard.

ForeverAutumn
02-12-2009, 01:08 PM
That's hilarious Kex. I'm gonna have to share that one with the Hubby.

kexodusc
02-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Even funnier...I just proved you can land a few good shots with your back on the mat..the Leafs are still 4 pts up on my lowly Sens... :nonod:

bobsticks
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey Stortinindusc...at least no one's called you Huggy Bear today...

kexodusc
02-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Hey Stortinindusc...at least no one's called you Huggy Bear today...
Hmmm, that one sailed by me like stickside shot past Marty Biron...

bobsticks
02-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Hmmm, that one sailed by me like stickside shot past Marty Biron...

I'm in a weird mood this eve...check up in News&Rumours for more blatant baiting and fun...

Rich-n-Texas
02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Man this place just keeps getting better every day.

bobsticks
02-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Nonstop jocularity, fo' sho'...

GMichael
02-13-2009, 08:46 AM
The more I read, the less I understand.

bobsticks
02-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Hehehe....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=A2KIRyb1m5hJ9yEAwAB7vLYF?slug=ap-avery-minors&prov=ap&type=lgns

Auricauricle
02-16-2009, 04:05 PM
The more I read, the less I understand.

I just post here....

kexodusc
02-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Well, with Torts taking over in NY, the Avery to the Rangers story is now on life support. Those of us with TSN here in Canada watched Tortorella talk all year how bad this guy was, how he didn't deserve a chance in hockey, how he would never allow a guy like that on his team, and how much he despised Sean Avery. I can't believe that wouldn't have come up in the conversations with Sather. One of two things will happen - Avery gets burried in the minors, or Tortorella gets exposed for not only being the biggest fluke winner of the Stanley Cup ever, but also goes down as the biggest BS tough-guy TV personality in hockey history.

Either way.

Bad move, Sather, bad move.

bobsticks
03-03-2009, 08:55 PM
...and I'm like Jack Ruby with a gunshot to the stomaaaaccchhh!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=A2KIRzUYB65Jl.YAjAR7vLYF?slug=ap-rangers-avery&prov=ap&type=lgns

ya like how I did that?

kexodusc
03-04-2009, 04:36 AM
Every now and then th biggest rumour prove to be true, and this is one I didn't think would happen. Not cause I don't like Avery (love what he brings) but because of the money.

If he's not going be a turd-disturber like before then he's not going to be any different than 20 other guys that make 1/4 as much.

The Rangers needed to do something though, and they were certainly better with him in the lineup.

Let's see how Torts uses him. When do the Rangers play Calgary next?

bobsticks
03-04-2009, 06:30 AM
If he's not going be a turd-disturber like before then he's not going to be any different than 20 other guys that make 1/4 as much.

I agree and I suspect there'll be some assistant somewhere who has the singular task of teaching Sean to be a complete bastage on the ice while maintaining the profile of a shadow of it.

The real issue, though, is not even with Sean Avery himself. It's with the sage wisdom of he who called it first and how that prescient knowledge will affect your own MMA sigbetting status.

Your posts will ring of knowledge and truth with your new "Heart Bisping" sig complete with manly pink flowers...

Rich-n-Texas
03-04-2009, 06:39 AM
The Stars SUCK! :incazzato:

Luvin Da Blues
03-04-2009, 06:47 AM
The Stars SUCK! :incazzato:

Go Canucks!!! :p

kexodusc
03-04-2009, 07:42 AM
I agree and I suspect there'll be some assistant somewhere who has the singular task of teaching Sean to be a complete bastage on the ice while maintaining the profile of a shadow of it.

The real issue, though, is not even with Sean Avery himself. It's with the sage wisdom of he who called it first and how that prescient knowledge will affect your own MMA sigbetting status.

Your posts will ring of knowledge and truth with your new "Heart Bisping" sig complete with manly pink flowers...
So says you Stickman, I tossed a juicy worm out there and you gobbled it up like Rich gobbles Cheetos, now the hook is firmly logged in your Maybelline wearin' cheek my friend..

bobsticks
03-04-2009, 08:42 AM
You ain't nobody...

Rich-n-Texas
03-04-2009, 08:58 AM
I HATE Cheetos. When I want cheese curls, I generally buy the store brand because I can't get Jax down here. :sad:

I think all the praise from the local press here about Marty's sudden turn around went to his head because, suddenly, his game has shot right back into the weeds again. :nonod:

bobsticks
03-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Fat boy is shakin' in his boots at the prospect of a stick-waving superpest just outside the crease disturbing his delicate concentration come playoff time.

kexodusc
03-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Fat boy is shakin' in his boots at the prospect of a stick-waving superpest just outside the crease disturbing his delicate concentration come playoff time.
Wrong Marty, I think...But I do believe the stick-screen move should be reinstated...that was pure gold. Though Brodeur seemed to get under Avery's skin more than the other way around last year.

Rich-n-Texas
03-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Marty Turco of the Dallas Stars, and local press here in Dallas. It's not looking good for the Stars' chances at a playoff spot right now. The Mav's are playing lousy too, and the Rangers, well, forget about that.

NASCAR and NHRA are in full swing now, so there's always that. That is all. Carry on...

kexodusc
03-04-2009, 11:43 AM
I think Dallas will pull it off - lots of character there. There only 2 games out of 6th with 20 to go...it's tight out there.
Marty Turco would be scooped up by 25 other teams in a heart beat. Everyone has a bad spell, but he'll get them there.
Granted they've lost some huge pieces to injury this year, and that could make it hard, but, since ditching Avery they've been a lot better than the teams they're fighting so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

bobsticks
03-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Marty's such an anal-retentive douchebag...if I was in Dallas I'd pee in his locker every night. Ninth place before ya know it.

Rich-n-Texas
03-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Such language!

bobsticks
03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Such language!

Sorry melvin...

Rich-n-Texas
03-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Kinda miss the old blowhard. Although, there are plenty more where he came from I reckon.

BTW, did you ever get hooked up with his grandaughter?

bobsticks
03-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Not to my knowledge but I've forgotten what Metamucil tastes like.

Rich-n-Texas
03-04-2009, 03:13 PM
That's just NASTY there fella! :vomit:

GMichael
03-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Should you really be THAT picky?

ForeverAutumn
06-24-2010, 05:43 AM
actress Elisha Cuthbert is dating Calgary defenseman Dion Phaneuf.

Sticks pointed me back to this thread and I thought that I would bump it for two reasons.

1. It was a fun re-read! Why don't we have that much fun here anymore? Just some good natured banter...or is just me feeling that way?

2. Phaneuf was named the Captain of the Maple Leafs recently. I'm not sure that's a good thing. But then again, who else have they got? :rolleyes5:

So enjoy the thread and feel free to comment on Phaneuf's recent appointment.

bobsticks
06-24-2010, 07:33 AM
When did I point you back to this thread? Nevermind, I love a good bump, so anyway...

I'm not sure that the current ennui is anything more than the usual summer doldrums into which this place falls.

As for Phaneuf he's young, inexperienced, generally nasty and goofy-looking...perfect fit for the Leafs. He'll be a great captain. It's like you took Börje Salming, gave him syphilis, and made him mean and stupid. Having Elisha around will be good if only for the post-game dinner parties...Mmmhmmm...fish tacos with a Zoviraz bechamel...

How's that for "good natured banter"?

bobsticks
07-15-2010, 12:03 PM
The Lesbian Bondage Fiasco---if that isn't the name of some hip indie band by tomorrow I'll be very disappointed...John Stewart

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'>Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'<a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-april-7-2010/michael-steele-plays-the-race-card'>Michael Steele Plays the Race Card<a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>www.thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:269837' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com'>Political Humor</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/videos/tag/Tea+Party'>Tea Party</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

GMichael
07-15-2010, 12:57 PM
I loved it when his hand came loose.

ForeverAutumn
07-15-2010, 05:49 PM
I can't view the video in Canuckland. Damn copyright laws. :(

bobsticks
07-27-2010, 06:05 PM
...I hibbled that bibble like a jibble on the dribble...

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'>Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'<a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-july-5-2010/steele-crazy-after-all-these-years'>Steele Crazy After All These Years<a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>www.thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:340581' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/videos/tag/Tea+Party'>Tea Party</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

RoyY51
10-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Inside every old person there is a young person wondering: "WTF happened?"

RoyY51
10-31-2010, 04:56 PM
...sorry! I saw the original heading and didn't realize that this had morphed into a hockey thread.

My bad!

GMichael
11-01-2010, 05:07 AM
It's old enough to morph back.