Anyone old enough to remember Exuma? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone old enough to remember Exuma?

Hyfi
12-03-2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.furious.com/perfect/exuma.html

This was released in the early 70s and pretty wild. Referred to as Voodoo music but sometimes pretty good stuff. Several old Youtube videos out there.

He even has a My Space page with samples.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=153858821

lightbourn
12-03-2008, 05:58 PM
I live in Exuma, Bahamas and they play a song or two by him everyday on the radio. I also saw him perform live around 1980. It was one of the best shows I ever saw. He is still extremely popular in the Bahamas.

bobsticks
12-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I had a college professor once who had exuma...damn flakes all over the place.

ForeverAutumn
12-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I live in Exuma, Bahamas and they play a song or two by him everyday on the radio. I also saw him perform live around 1980. It was one of the best shows I ever saw. He is still extremely popular in the Bahamas.

Can I come and visit you?!

Please?

There's snow here. :cryin:

Hyfi
12-04-2008, 05:44 AM

Very cool indeed! Welcome Lighbourn, stick around and chime in.

I was about 12 and a neighbors parents had his first album which I used to borrow and spin for hours.

lightbourn
12-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Where is here?

Can I come and visit you?!

Please?

There's snow here. :cryin:

ForeverAutumn
12-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Where is here?

Toronto, Canada. Where's it's a balmy 2C today. :)

RoadRunner6
12-04-2008, 03:30 PM
I had a college professor once who had exuma...damn flakes all over the place.

Sticks, I once had a girlfiriend who had exuma. Everytime we did the deed it was like being in one of those snow globes. I found an old photo of her that I'll post below.

RoadRunner6
12-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I went to that website that Hyfi linked. When I read the first part I thought they must be talking about Pix.

"..........Who was Exuma?
He was a spirit who came from a planet, now extinct, brought to us on a lightning bolt, who had communed with Charon, the ferryman of the River Styx and Vodun priests. When he informed the world of his travels and even warned of the evils of Plasma, he left the Earth, perhaps tiring of the corporeal and moving to the ethereal.........".

(I've had skin cancer and can't go to the Bahamas...damn!)

RR6 :crazy: