Recent Rentals... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recent Rentals...

Worf101
12-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Did a leetle watchin' over the past couple of weekends.

1. "Them" - A-Minus - One of first and the best "irradiated giant monster thingy" movies. I decided to buy a copy and the one I got was beautifully transfered with nice interactive extras.

2. "When Worlds Collide" - B - Another classic I decided I finally wanted to own. Beautiful Technocolor, excellent sound, the end of the world never looked so good. Decent George Pal special effects except for his rendering of what the new planet would look like. Pink trees? Are you chittin' me? Nothing really of any consequence as far as extra's are concerned.

3. "Lars and the Real Girl" - B+ - Funny, bright, brilliant and sweet. A "Capraesque" tale of fear, loss love and a towns fierce desire to help one of its own.

4. "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Yada Yada" - C Minus - There are things in this world that should never be done nor attempted. This is obviously one of them. I knew the film was in trouble when I felt nothing, and I mean nothing, when I first saw the hat and the man. You can't reheat souffle, this just wasn't working from start to finish. How can you reveal to a man he has a son and have no drama, no tension no feeling associated with such a revelation?

5. "Death at a Funeral" - D - Wow, Frank Oz is a good director. You had all the ingredients for a killer comedy and the whole thing falls flatter that grandma's braless bosoms. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING goes wrong in this one. Bad casting, crappy script, too many characters that nobody gives a f**k about and to cap it all off, a trailer in "Lars and the Real Girl" gave away the ENTIRE film and 90% of the jokes. Avoid this one like the plague.

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
12-02-2008, 06:34 AM
I watched #4 and IMO you're being generous. Waste of time.

Fortunately I also rented Hancock on Blu-ray and was not dissappointed. I came away feeling good about the whole premise of the movie and the, IMO well delivered underlying social commentary that was evident to me after I finished watching the movie. Maybe it's just my imagination but it seems like Will Smith wanted viewers to see both the comedy and the hardship his character brought forth. I may just buy this one on BD. :thumbsup:

Troy
12-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Lars and the Real Girl was really strangely funny. Think his brother in law was having an affair with her?

Yep, the Jones flick was a real turd.

bobsticks
12-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Very soon we're gonna find out that JSE watched "Hancock" over the weekend. More importantly it'll be confirmed what we've all expected, that Rich has some stalker tendencies.

Just a prediction. We'll see how it plays out...

JSE
12-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Indy was indeed one biggest turds of all time. Indy and aliens just don't mix!

I think Southpark's take on the movie was spot on. :hand:

I watched Wanted and Hancock over the weekend in BR.

Wanted - Cheesy, bad acting, unrealistic but man it was fun to watch. Just some good ol' action! I give it an A- just for the fun factor. Did anyone really expect anything more?

Hancock - Decent flick. I thought there needed to be a Villian other than the last minute two armed, then one armed, then no armed dude. Charlise looked gooooooood in the movie. That black dress she wore to dinner? Niiiiiice! B -. If she had gotten naked, A -

Rich-n-Texas
12-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Charlise looked gooooooood in the movie.
I've stalked her. :ihih:

Troy
12-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Check out Charlise in Cider House Rules . . .

Rich-n-Texas
12-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Check out Charlise in Cider House Rules . . .
I did. All over. :yesnod:

Worf101
12-03-2008, 06:01 AM
I paid to see Hancock and enjoyed it a great deal.It was funnnneeee. To tell the God's honest truth, I felt better after leaving Hancock than I did after seeing "The Dark Knight". I'll rent both and compare them again. Perhaps I was just too overwhelmed by TDK or perhaps it was so long that puttin' off bodily functions clouded my opinion of it. I'll let you know.

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
12-03-2008, 06:44 AM
Very soon we're gonna find out that JSE watched "Hancock" over the weekend. More importantly it'll be confirmed what we've all expected, that Rich has some stalker tendencies.

Just a prediction. We'll see how it plays out...
STICKS! What on Earth are you doing to the time-space continuum?!?!?!

JSE
12-03-2008, 07:04 AM
STICKS! What on Earth are you doing to the time-space continuum?!?!?!

WTF? How the hell did he do that?

Yoru creepin' me out Sticky! :yikes:

Kam
12-03-2008, 09:14 AM
I did. All over. :yesnod:

no. check out charlise in Two Days in the Valley. NICE!

Rich-n-Texas
12-03-2008, 10:02 AM
I'll queue it up Kam!

Kam
12-03-2008, 10:15 AM
I'll queue it up Kam!

all you need to know: she has a cat fight with teri hatcher.
:D

Rich-n-Texas
12-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Teri Hatcher's another sweet dish. :ihih: