DCM 200 Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DCM 200 Speakers

gbest
11-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Has anyone heard these speakers,found a few reviews was wondering if any one had listened to them..Thanks

thekid
11-30-2008, 03:40 PM
I went to the DCM site and did not find anything called a DCM-200. There is a TFE-200 but I am not sure if that is what you are referring to when you say DCM-200. I am a big fan of older DCM speakers, in particular the Time Frame series. Not a lot of fans out there of DCM speakers since they were bought up by MTX but the only ears that count are your own.

Here is a link to the TFE-200 that you might find useful.

http://www.dcmspeakers.com/products/cabinet/tfe200.htm

gbest
12-01-2008, 03:44 AM
Yeah,that's the speaker,the current Time Frame Evolution 200.Just wondering what anyone who had heard it thought about its sound.Sorry I didnt post it's formal name.

hydroman
12-05-2008, 11:50 AM
They are worth a listen - but they were not my taste. I thought they sounded 'thin'.

smpha8
12-07-2008, 09:30 AM
I've had the center channel speaker DCM for 14 years now and going. It has KX-Center on back label and 2 - 5" midranges and a very small tweeter.

thekid
12-07-2008, 11:19 AM
I've had the center channel speaker DCM for 14 years now and going. It has KX-Center on back label and 2 - 5" midranges and a very small tweeter.

Smpha8

What do you think of your center channel? I am guessing after 14 years you are happy with it but I was wondering if you could give some details.

I have an all DCM HT using TF-600's in front and CX-27's in the back. I am using an original DCM center channel speaker which has 2 4" mid-ranges and a 3/4" tweeter. It seems okay but a little muted possibly because the TF's overwhelm it despite my EQ efforts. The KX series is a bit later in DCM's line up from what I own so I have been hesitiant to pick up a KX CC the few times I have come across it.

BTW-welcome to AR!

smpha8
12-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm not replacing it because it works well with my home theater and music hookup. The dialog is great still and sound is good. I have a listing in the forum-home theater section. Stop by and take a look at my system in there under title (sub hookup). Thanks--Steve

Worf101
12-08-2008, 06:10 AM
I once scored some old DCM's for an ex-girlfriends teenaged boys. They were 3-ways with a 12 in em. They sounded suprisingly good and were un-killable. I think they're better than average basic speakers that give good value for the money.

Da Worfster

thekid
12-09-2008, 03:03 AM
I once scored some old DCM's for an ex-girlfriends teenaged boys. They were 3-ways with a 12 in em. They sounded suprisingly good and were un-killable. I think they're better than average basic speakers that give good value for the money.

Da Worfster

As I have mentioned here before I would put some pre-Mitek DCM speakers on the sleeper list of used speakers out there. The CX series, Time Frame series 500 + and the Time Windows are good imaging speakers. I am exited about getting a pair of Time Windows here in a couple of weeks.