Greetings to everyone [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to everyone

clarkmr2
11-25-2008, 05:37 PM
I am seeking to learn and understand the world of audio/video theory from others with much mre experience then I surely have.

blackraven
11-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Welcome Clark and dont be shy about asking questions. There are a ot of people here with a lot of knowledge (especially more than me), experience and differing opinions.

Worf101
11-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Sit, take a seat, rest a spell. When you get ready, ask away. Nice to see new folks.

Da Worfster

Scott W
11-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Many knowlegable folks around here,I'm just not one of them.But every once in a while the quiet guy in the corner has somthing worthwhile to say,Hope you get all the info you need and have a good time doing it.:2:

PDN
11-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Clarkmr2

Welcome aboard. To help get started, I highly recommend you invest in the book, "The Complete Guide to High End Audio" by Robert Harley. This book remains on my coffee table and I refer to it regularly. It's in-depth and fairly technical but if you study it a little at a time, you'll start to gain a fundamental understanding of high end audio. If you feel you may not be ready for this much techincal info, Robert published another book subsequently to his first one called, "High Performance Audio Systems". He wrote an excellent article in the Spring 2009 Buyers Guide issue of The Absolute Sound, Issue No. 187. It's out now. The article is taken from his book and it's entitled "How You Can Get Started in High-End Audio". His books can be found at the usual retailers out there (Borders, B&N, etc). ENJOY.