Lucinda William's backup band, Buick 6 (hear me out!) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lucinda William's backup band, Buick 6 (hear me out!)

Finch Platte
11-25-2008, 04:33 PM
A friend of mine (yes, I have one) has a convoluted story that I'm not about to type up about how he got a copy of Buick 6's disc. Anyhoo, he made me a copy, and I'm pretty much diggin' it. No vocals, axcept (typo, but it looks aight) a stint by Lucinda herself on a track. They do a Zep cover, which I kinda like (and I'm not a Zep fan).

It reminds me of dada (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iBrEbLSvUM&feature=related) (the band) at times- the guitar player seems to have a lot of effects, and that's ok. Spacy, rockin' and garage-y, it's a pretty damn cool & lively affair.

If you want to hear it, hit me up via the ol' pm thang. 'Stix, yer already covered. :thumbsup:

I've tried to see if they have a web site, but all I can find is a blues band and a punk band w/ the same name. Derrrr.

fp

tentoze
11-26-2008, 06:07 AM
the guitar player seems to have a lot of effects, and that's ok. Spacy, rockin' and garage-y,

fp

The Lucinda live show I saw last year was marred by his over-playing, and the new Lucinda album seals the deal for me. Pettibone is a wanker.

Finch Platte
11-26-2008, 09:06 AM
The Lucinda live show I saw last year was marred by his over-playing, and the new Lucinda album seals the deal for me. Pettibone is a wanker.

Ok, so you won't be getting a copy. :ciappa:

fp

Swish
11-26-2008, 12:29 PM
A friend of mine (yes, I have one) has a convoluted story that I'm not about to type up about how he got a copy of Buick 6's disc. Anyhoo, he made me a copy, and I'm pretty much diggin' it. No vocals, axcept (typo, but it looks aight) a stint by Lucinda herself on a track. They do a Zep cover, which I kinda like (and I'm not a Zep fan).

It reminds me of dada (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iBrEbLSvUM&feature=related) (the band) at times- the guitar player seems to have a lot of effects, and that's ok. Spacy, rockin' and garage-y, it's a pretty damn cool & lively affair.

If you want to hear it, hit me up via the ol' pm thang. 'Stix, yer already covered. :thumbsup:

I've tried to see if they have a web site, but all I can find is a blues band and a punk band w/ the same name. Derrrr.

fp

...but I had a very different take on them that Tentoze. Her show was among my favorites of the year, and I saw quite a few good ones,. I also don't think there was much over-playing, or, at least, I certainly wasn't aware of it at the time because I had a great time. Let's face it though, most shows include some soloing to stretch out the songs. It's just something you have to live with and take with a grain of salt. Most are boring, I would agree, but I didn't get that with Lucinda.

Swish