Interesting Fusion band - Fusionhouse [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Fusion band - Fusionhouse

Hyfi
11-25-2008, 01:17 PM
While looking over the concert listings on our local Alternative stations website I came across this band who's name intrigued me.

füsionhouse is the band and there are several songs you can listen to here:
http://www.fusionhouseband.com/toons.html

Surely this will be a wasted post as I am almost the only one here that listens to fusion anyway.

Finch Platte
11-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Surely this will be a wasted post as I am almost the only one here that listens to fusion anyway.

Ha! No chance there, and stop calling me Shirley.

fp

Hyfi
11-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Ha! No chance there, and stop calling me Shirley.

fp

I knew you would show up my only other fusion minded friend!

Swish
11-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I knew you would show up my only other fusion minded friend!

I won't claim to be a current fusion fan, but I liked me some Miles Davis back in the day, and Heavy Weather was one of my favorite records and is still a cherished part of my collection. And Return to Forever? Mahavishnu Orchestra? Great stuff. I just don't listen to it like I used to, and I guess it's just that it hit a ceiling, at least in my mind. It seemed to me that there was nobody taking it any higher or it had reached its apex. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I didn't hear anything new for so long that I just tired of the genre. I just listened to the first two songs on that site and they confirm my statements. Not that it was bad, but it wasn't at all fresh or done all that well. Good musicians, but they would pale in comparison to some of the aforementioned.

bobsticks
11-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm here huckleberry...

BradH
11-25-2008, 04:48 PM

Wha?? I listen to it.

richmon
11-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Just last night I listened to Mahavishna's The Lost Trident Sessions at the gym.

Some recent fusion purchases I've been really diggin ..

Carl Hupp Project 'Hyper Statue' - some horns, some funkyness, good compositions.
Fonderia 're enter' - from italy.
Electric Outlet 'on'
Hiromi's Sonicbloom 'time control' - Japanese chick that channels Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock.
Uncle Moe's Space Ranch -dual guitar
and a bunch of others I'm being forgetful about.

Hyfi
11-26-2008, 05:07 AM
I won't claim to be a current fusion fan, but I liked me some Miles Davis back in the day, and Heavy Weather was one of my favorite records and is still a cherished part of my collection. And Return to Forever? Mahavishnu Orchestra? Great stuff. I just don't listen to it like I used to, and I guess it's just that it hit a ceiling, at least in my mind. It seemed to me that there was nobody taking it any higher or it had reached its apex. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I didn't hear anything new for so long that I just tired of the genre. I just listened to the first two songs on that site and they confirm my statements. Not that it was bad, but it wasn't at all fresh or done all that well. Good musicians, but they would pale in comparison to some of the aforementioned.

Funny, that is how I feel about most of today's music. I would still prefer to listen to any Return to Forever or Mahavishnu than any of the tracks on that Anti Sampler. I find most of that very lame and already done to death. Maybe virtuoso talent has hit the ceiling so instead of pushing it further, bands have gone back to safety and minimalism and for the most part all sounding the same. Not too many vocals equaling the likes of a Phil Collins from And Then There Were Three. Where is the passion and feeling?

So I would much prefer to listen to music than songs.

Swish
11-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Funny, that is how I feel about most of today's music. I would still prefer to listen to any Return to Forever or Mahavishnu than any of the tracks on that Anti Sampler. I find most of that very lame and already done to death. Maybe virtuoso talent has hit the ceiling so instead of pushing it further, bands have gone back to safety and minimalism and for the most part all sounding the same. Not too many vocals equaling the likes of a Phil Collins from And Then There Were Three. Where is the passion and feeling?

So I would much prefer to listen to music than songs.

...part. While it's true there are too many bands that jump on a genre bandwagon, there are always a few standouts that have their own style that may contain some subtle influences, but nothing so pronounced that they sound similar. Take Pinback for instance. When I hear one of their tunes, I know it's them, as they have an unmistakable style that is all their own. If they sound like someone else, I've never heard them. I'm kind of busy with work at the moment so I'm not going to take the time to list a bunch of others, but I'm sure there are quite a few I could name.

It's virtually impossible to come up with music that sounds like nothing before it, but I do think there are bands alive and kicking who are pushing the envelope.

Swish

Finch Platte
11-26-2008, 03:12 PM
One of my favorite fusion bands.

Tribal Tech. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYnhqksgeg&feature=related)

fp

Edit: Lol- I like the way the drummer puts the sticks in his meaty armpits. :^O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdl1unPIWo&feature=related

bobsticks
11-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I like the Tribal Tech and still pull out that compy regularly. Quite often I'll listen to that and Weather Report and maybe a little Stanley on Sundays. A little jazz brunch, if you will.

I got the Filipak in the moon buggy right now. Good stuff.

Doc Sage
11-26-2008, 06:01 PM
OK!!! You got me digging out my Weather Report. Black Market for this old guy.

Hey!!! What was the name of that fusion band that included Phil Collin?

With all these band playing uptempo jazz like Soulive and the likes, I would have believed that proper fusion would be a thing of the past. Oh well. What do I know?

Locally we have a group that does a Jaco Pastorius thing once a while at our local jazz outlet plus a month ago another group did an evening of Hendrix as played by Gil Evans.

Doc Sage

Hyfi
11-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey!!! What was the name of that fusion band that included Phil Collin?

Doc Sage

Brand X, one awesome combination and Collins at some of his best drumming.

bobsticks
12-21-2008, 02:45 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NFQWpmqEL._SS400_.jpg