Sorry Eagles fans... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Eagles fans...

Rich-n-Texas
11-23-2008, 07:44 PM
..My days as a green bleeding, loyal, diehard, live-eat-n-breathe Eagles fan are about over. Trust that I'll still never EVER throw my loyalty to the Dallas Convicts, but enough is enough. While I feel really bad for Andy Reed, who deserves so much better, it's time for some big time changes.

Let the axe fall where it may Jeffrey...

(Adam, there are a lot of Football fans here who don't post in Off Topic, so please let this one be, okay?)

3-LockBox
11-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I think Reid lost the team today.

02audionoob
11-23-2008, 07:55 PM
I can't imagine there has EVER been anyone change their loyalty to the Cowboys after being an Eagles fan. Seems like the hate runs too deep for that.

Rich-n-Texas
11-23-2008, 08:34 PM
I can't imagine there has EVER been anyone change their loyalty to the Cowboys after being an Eagles fan. Seems like the hate runs too deep for that.

Trust that I'll still never EVER throw my loyalty to the Dallas Convicts, but enough is enough.

02audionoob
11-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Of course, if one wants to hate the Cowboys, they might need to get in line. It's a crowded club.

Worf101
11-24-2008, 06:20 AM
To paraphrase a scene from one of my fave movies (bonus points effin you get it):

Worfster: "The games past Reid and McNab by, deal with it."

Tex: "I'll root for the Cowboys first."

Worf: "Pheh, as if they'd have ya."

The moral to this story is this... a TRUE fan sticks to his team no matter what. Through thick and thin. Hell man I'm a Mets and a Raiders fan, I've suffered more in the last three years than any man should have to, BUT my heart still beats in Queens and "Real Men Still Wear Black."

So your window is closed and you'll not see them reach the promised land. Hell you had a good run, better than most... Savor it and look forward to the draft.

Da Worfster

kexodusc
11-24-2008, 07:06 AM
To paraphrase a scene from one of my fave movies (bonus points effin you get it):

Worfster: "The games past Reid and McNab by, deal with it."

Tex: "I'll root for the Cowboys first."

Worf: "Pheh, as if they'd have ya."

The moral to this story is this... a TRUE fan sticks to his team no matter what. Through thick and thin. Hell man I'm a Mets and a Raiders fan, I've suffered more in the last three years than any man should have to, BUT my heart still beats in Queens and "Real Men Still Wear Black."

So your window is closed and you'll not see them reach the promised land. Hell you had a good run, better than most... Savor it and look forward to the draft.

Da Worfster
Yeah, no matter how bad the team gets on the field, I don't have much respect for people who bail on their team. Don't do it Rich. Trust me, some day they'll win, and that glorious day, 32 years from now, will be the sweetest, most vindicating, heaven-on-earth moment of your sports loving life. The victory is that much sweeter because of the journey.

I hates me some Red Sox fans more than just about anything, but dammit if I didn't have a warm place in my heart watching that city go nuts when they finally won the World Series. And they had to live through Buckner...Just imagine how great it'll be when your team finally pulls through. Keep the faith, Rich.

Hey, I'm a Chargers fan. If I can stick it out, anyone can.:mad5:

JSE
11-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Maybe a faint glimpse of light........? Your backup Cobb (Can't remember the exact spelling) is a decent QB. He lit it up down here at University of Houston and has a lot of skills. I know he choked it up Sunday but give him a little time. I think you might found out down the road that he is a good QB. I wished the Texans here in Houston had picked him up.

Swish
11-24-2008, 08:50 AM
....I think it's time for a new coach because Andy Reid just isn't getting it done. The 'pass first, run only when we have to' game plan just isn't cutting it. McNabb isn't getting the protection he needs, they have no premier receivers, and the tight end situation is a disaster.

Sorry Worfster, but the game hasn't passed by McNabb, he just doesn't have the team around him to be successful. Yes, he's looked pitiful the last couple weeks, but he's the same guy who put up impressive numbers earlier in the season. He needs to work through this, and he can get back in the mix. The Colb was even worse than McNabb, so starting him will be a bad decision.

Swish

Troy
11-24-2008, 09:12 AM
"What do you mean, the game can end in a tie?"

That quote and the media firestorm that followed severely damaged McNabb's reputation and already fading confidence.

He might do OK on some other team like the Vikes for a year or 2, but the peak of his career is long past. I like McNabb's dry sense of humor and low key manner, but that's not the kind of personality you need to rally a team around you.

I've never believed in Reid as a coach. He's not confrontational enough and his players do whatever the hell they want. The way whole T.O. thing went down was very telling. As was the news that his kids were big time drug dealers. The guy can't even manage his family, let alone an NFL team.

And what happened to Westbrook? Not sure how hurt he is, but he's not getting enough touches.

3-LockBox
11-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Andy Reid doesn't look Mike Holmgren for nothin - I'd swear they were father and son and they coach a lot alike.

I think McNabb has had a lot of undeserved bad press. They can't get him good receivers, they've never addressed their running back woes - Westbrook missing half a season per year isn't the solution. They act like this will be the year he doesn't get injured - wishful thinking. McNabb should go, but for his own sake. He'll start for whomever picks him up.

Hyfi
11-24-2008, 12:10 PM
"What do you mean, the game can end in a tie?"

That quote and the media firestorm that followed severely damaged McNabb's reputation and already fading confidence.

He might do OK on some other team like the Vikes for a year or 2, but the peak of his career is long past. I like McNabb's dry sense of humor and low key manner, but that's not the kind of personality you need to rally a team around you.

I've never believed in Reid as a coach. He's not confrontational enough and his players do whatever the hell they want. The way whole T.O. thing went down was very telling. As was the news that his kids were big time drug dealers. The guy can't even manage his family, let alone an NFL team.

And what happened to Westbrook? Not sure how hurt he is, but he's not getting enough touches.

I gotta agree with you on Andy. He can't keep a 4 person family together let alone a have a whole NFL team respect and follow him. I have said McNabb should have been gone years ago.

It can't be blamed on no receivers or Westbrook not getting the ball enough. McNabb can't go 2 games in a row playing the same way. If he has a good game one week, the next he is throwing the ball too hard for almost anyone to catch or not hitting the open guys. I'm completely sick about how all the commentators make him out to be the best thing since Campbells Soup as he throws dirt balls and interceptions.

He has had his 10 years to try and blew the best attempt he got. It's time to give someone else a chance.

richmon
11-25-2008, 09:49 AM
The Philadelphia Police are cracking down on speeders heading into Philadelphia.
For the first offense, they give you two Eagle tickets.
If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A. The Philadelphia Eagles.

Q. What do the Philadelphia Eagles and Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell 'Jesus Christ'.

Q. How do you keep the Philadelphia Eagles out of your yard?
A. Put up a goal post.

Q. Where do you go in Philadelphia in case of a tornado?
A. To the Eagles Stadium - they never have a touchdown there!

Q. What do you call a Philadelphia EAGLE with a Super Bowl ring?
A. A thief.

Q. What's the difference between the Philadelphia Eagles and a dollar bill?
A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. How many Philadelphia Eagles does it take to win a Super Bowl?
A. Nobody knows and we may never find out.

Q. What do the Philadelphia Eagles and a possums have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Ex Lion Tamer
11-25-2008, 10:05 AM
The Philadelphia Police are cracking down on speeders heading into Philadelphia.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

A. Put up a goal post.

A. A thief.

I thought that this thread was about the band. The sad thing is the first post I was brought to when I clicked to open it was Richmon's, and I still thought it was about the band after reading his first three sentences.

Hyfi
11-25-2008, 10:21 AM
I thought that this thread was about the band. The sad thing is the first post I was brought to when I clicked to open it was Richmon's, and I still thought it was about the band after reading his first three sentences.

Ha! That would actually mean we were staying On-Topic here.

Hyfi
11-25-2008, 10:23 AM

A. Put up a goal post.

A. A thief.

Q. Why does McNabb's mother serve him his Campbells Soup out of the can?
A. Anytime he gets near a Bowl, he chokes.

Swish
11-25-2008, 01:15 PM

A. Put up a goal post.

A. A thief.

And last summer it was for the Pirates. While it's true the Eagles are sucking, they've been one of the more successful NFL teams over the last 7 or 8 years, even without the coveted S.B. ring. There are many teams far worse we could substitute.

Troy
11-25-2008, 01:43 PM
And last summer it was for the Pirates. While it's true the Eagles are sucking, they've been on of the more successful NFL teams over the last 7 or 8 years, even without the coveted S.B. ring. There are many teams far worse we could substitute.

Damn straight. Be happy you don't live here in the bay area. Between the 49ers and Raiders we've had 14 seasons of incredible suckitude.

bobsticks
11-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Damn straight. Be happy you don't live here in the bay area...

Yeah, but in the bay area you have some high schools for which
McDrabb couldn't get a back-up, second string spot.

Troy
11-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah, but in the bay area you have some high schools for which
McDrabb couldn't get a back-up, second string spot.

No doubt the 49ers would be happy to trade for McNabb. Seriously. After a near decade of washouts like Alex Smith, and bums like Ken Dorsey and Tim Rattay, pretty much anything is an improvement . . . including an over the hill Donovan.

Rich-n-Texas
01-11-2009, 10:04 AM
SO, which Eagles team is going to show up today? Or more specifically, which McNabb is going to show up today? If I see him upchucking during the game like he used to do a few years ago, it probably won't be a good sign.

Rich-n-Texas
01-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Nevermind, I got my answer.

Swish
01-11-2009, 01:51 PM
SO, which Eagles team is going to show up today? Or more specifically, which McNabb is going to show up today? If I see him upchucking during the game like he used to do a few years ago, it probably won't be a good sign.

And it's on to Arizona, a team the Eagles dismantled 48-20. But, this is the playoffs and we won't have home dirt. Of course, we didn't have home dirt against Minnesota or the Giants, being the # 6 seed and all, so we shall see. Could this be the year my beloved Iggles finally win the big one? Dare I dream? Will Rich-in-Texas be sorry he jumped off the bandwagon? Stay tuned.

02audionoob
01-11-2009, 02:12 PM
This will be my first week ever as a Cardinals fan. Wish me luck.

bobsticks
01-11-2009, 02:57 PM
And it's on to Arizona, a team the Eagles dismantled 48-20. But, this is the playoffs and we won't have home dirt. Of course, we didn't have home dirt against Minnesota or the Giants, being the # 6 seed and all, so we shall see. Could this be the year my beloved Iggles finally win the big one? Dare I dream? Will Rich-in-Texas be sorry he jumped off the bandwagon? Stay tuned.

Congrats, Swishy. You got some good stuff goin' on in the City of Brotherly Love...Flyers lookin' strong, Eagles performing improbably well, got rid of Iverson...

...maybe y'all can use some of those increased revenues to upgrade the gendarmerie so a character can walk from the Hotel to Nobu without taking gunfire.

Rich-n-Texas
01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Only a Superbowl win by the Eagles will be cause for regret Swish. We've been down this road toooooo many times before. I would like to see a Pennsylvania Bowl, though I don't know which team I'd be rooting for. Looks like Pittsburgh is getting ready to STOMP S.D.

Swish
01-11-2009, 05:01 PM
This will be my first week ever as a Cardinals fan. Wish me luck.

Only to lose the game? :confused5:

Do as you must.

02audionoob
01-11-2009, 05:43 PM

Do as you must.

The Eagles dismantled the Cowboys so badly that I need to be bitter for at least a month.

bobsticks
01-11-2009, 06:01 PM

Do as you must.

Tempting fate <smh>

3-LockBox
01-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Well, what a difference a month makes. I hope like hell Pissburg doesn't make it to the SB, but would love to see the Eagles finally get over the hump. However, I did grow up watching the St Louis Cardinals football team, with guys like Jim Hart, Dan Deirdorf, Conrad Dobler, Terry Metcalf, Mel Gray...they had a good three or four year run in the mid-seventies. I will be rooting for the Cards this coming weekend, but won't fret if Philly wins.

Swish
01-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Tempting fate <smh>

...jacka<a>ss as usual. Gotta have my fun, and Arizona is going to be tough.

Swish
01-12-2009, 07:02 AM
The Eagles dismantled the Cowboys so badly that I need to be bitter for at least a month.

If there's any bitterness though, it should be against that sorry bunch that J.J. amassed in Texas. I just can't respect a team that would willingly pick up T.O., especially after what he did in Philly, Tank Johnson, and Pacman Jones. Sometimes you get what you deserve. As I've stated, I hate the Cowboys, but I used to respect them as a team because they did it the right way. Now? I hope they continue their streak of lameness.

bobsticks
01-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Well, what a difference a month makes. I hope like hell Pissburg doesn't make it to the SB, but would love to see the Eagles finally get over the hump. However, I did grow up watching the St Louis Cardinals football team, with guys like Jim Hart, Dan Deirdorf, Conrad Dobler, Terry Metcalf, Mel Gray...they had a good three or four year run in the mid-seventies. I will be rooting for the Cards this coming weekend, but won't fret if Philly wins.

Conrad Dobler...now there's a name that ya don't hear very often these days...sounds like something Swish would listen to: Conrad Dobler and the Rusty Spicketts.

GMichael
01-12-2009, 07:12 AM
If there's any bitterness though, it should be against that sorry bunch that J.J. amassed in Texas. I just can't respect a team that would willingly pick up T.O., especially after what he did in Philly, Tank Johnson, and Pacman Jones. Sometimes you get what you deserve. As I've stated, I hate the Cowboys, but I used to respect them as a team because they did it the right way. Now? I hope they continue their streak of lameness.
The Cowgirls haven't shown any class sense they got a new owner and fired Landry. Sure they have won a few SB's after that, and they've even had a few players & a coach with class. But the organization as a whole does not have any.

kexodusc
01-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Well with my Chargers firmly where they belong (after salvaging the season and once again providing hope to us suckers for Next Year), I'm officially on the Eagles band wagon.

I've always had a lot of respect for McNabb, one of the better role-models in the NFL and I hope he and Andy pull it off. If they do win, a lot of Eagles fans and a good chunk of the city of Philadelphia have forfeited the moral authority to celebrate after all the times they threw Donovan under the bus....but we'll cross that bridge when we get there, a long ways to go yet.

GMichael
01-12-2009, 07:43 AM
As a Giants fan, I will be pulling for the last NFC East team left in the dance. No grudges here. I do also like the Ravens. So what if they beat us in the SB.

Rich-n-Texas
01-12-2009, 07:47 AM
The "sorry bunch" is slowly becoming dismantled. Pac Man won't be back even though he's disputing the latest story by ESPN that he was in another altercation while on probation ( :rolleyes: ) and plans to sue ESPN. Sports reporters say Jerry Jones released him due to a lackluster performance, especially against the Eagles last month. Count on Jason Garrett (offensive coordinator) landing with a different team (not the Broncos) by next season, and (get this Swish) T.O.'s unhappy and may leave in the off-season as well.

I also used to respect the Cowboys during the Landry/Staubach years, but I hated the "America's Team" moniker that they were given.

Ya know, I never hear T.O. and Hall of Fame mentioned in the same sentence. I don't look at the stats too much, but I really don't think he has the numbers does he?

Swish
01-12-2009, 10:56 AM
The "sorry bunch" is slowly becoming dismantled. Pac Man won't be back even though he's disputing the latest story by ESPN that he was in another altercation while on probation ( :rolleyes: ) and plans to sue ESPN. Sports reporters say Jerry Jones released him due to a lackluster performance, especially against the Eagles last month. Count on Jason Garrett (offensive coordinator) landing with a different team (not the Broncos) by next season, and (get this Swish) T.O.'s unhappy and may leave in the off-season as well.

I also used to respect the Cowboys during the Landry/Staubach years, but I hated the "America's Team" moniker that they were given.

Ya know, I never hear T.O. and Hall of Fame mentioned in the same sentence. I don't look at the stats too much, but I really don't think he has the numbers does he?

...but I'd have to really check other Hall receivers to see how they stack up. In 13 seasons here is what he's done;

951 receptions with only 10 fumbles total and just 7 lost
14,000 + yards
139 TDs, or just over 10 per season.

Actually, I don't have to check, I know those are some strong numbers, as much as I don't like the guy. Watching them getting walloped in Philly and then seeing him yelling at teammates, then putting his cap on cock-eyed. Grow up already.

I couldn't care less if he stays in Dallas or goes elsewhere. He hasn't hurt the Eagles much as a Cowboy, seeing how they haven't gone anywhere in the playoffs, and he's probably ready for another 'incident' soon. Not sure if he'll cry this time or open a vein, but it should be entertaining for sure.

Swish
01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Conrad Dobler...now there's a name that ya don't hear very often these days...sounds like something Swish would listen to: Conrad Dobler and the Rusty Spicketts.

...the spoon player left after the accusation of an extramarital affair. It's "Fleetwood Mac" all over again.

Rich-n-Texas
01-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Yeah I guess personality and the ability to play well with others isn't criteria for getting into the Hall. And as Michael Irvin can atest, being on the right side of the law isn't one either. How sad.

GMichael
01-12-2009, 11:44 AM
So when does Pete Rose get in the Baseball HOF?

Swish
01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
So when does Pete Rose get in the Baseball HOF?

I feel bad for him, but on the other hand, he bet on baseball, and that's a no-no. His emphatically denied it, then admitted that he had. Betting was foolish in itself, but his denials and subsequent admission of guilt made him look even more foolish.

And what about Barry Bonds? If Big Mac doesn't get in the Hall, then why should Barry? He's a guilty as O.J., no matter what he says, but he has the all-time HR record.

bobsticks
01-12-2009, 12:07 PM
This all begs the question, "are athletes eligible for HOF induction simply due to performance or are they 'standard bearers' and 'role models'?".

Frankly, I don't have a problem with T.O. or Bonds or Big Mac getting in the Hall of Fame...but we should be able to mock them viciously during the ceremony.

GMichael
01-12-2009, 12:12 PM
I feel bad for him, but on the other hand, he bet on baseball, and that's a no-no. His emphatically denied it, then admitted that he had. Betting was foolish in itself, but his denials and subsequent admission of guilt made him look even more foolish.

And what about Barry Bonds? If Big Mac doesn't get in the Hall, then why should Barry? He's a guilty as O.J., no matter what he says, but he has the all-time HR record.
But from what I understand, Pete didn't bet on any games that he was involved with. Yeah, he broke the rules, but is what he did worse than what others are getting away with?

GMichael
01-12-2009, 12:14 PM
This all begs the question, "are athletes eligible for HOF induction simply due to performance or are they 'standard bearers' and 'role models'?".

Frankly, I don't have a problem with T.O. or Bonds or Big Mac getting in the Hall of Fame...but we should be able to mock them viciously during the ceremony.

You mean, kinda like a roast?

bobsticks
01-12-2009, 12:18 PM
You mean, kinda like a roast?

Exactly.

GMichael
01-12-2009, 12:24 PM
I want to see Bill Parcells and Mike Ditka on the board.

That guy who does all the voice imitations can be the host.

kexodusc
01-12-2009, 12:25 PM
The HOF is nothing but a popularity contest anyway, some would argue only loosely based on performance and ability, I'd argue somewhat based on performance and ability.

On the one hand not letting Big Mac et al into the HOF would reflect their standing in the court of public opinion...on the other hand, we'll never know how many HOF-ers from "that era" were juiced anyway, so why not let him in...he was one of the best of the bunch, they were all doing it (or could do it without penalty) so let's let him in.

I'm really indifferent to this either way - seems wrong to reward a cheater, but at the end of the day this guy has a gazillion dollars, probably has a great lifestyle with few worries, and a lot of that was earned because he cheated, so the only method of punishment (aka revenge) we have left is to keep him out of the HOF. It's more about that (petty revenge) to me for all these guys than it is about "integrity of the HOF". Who cares about that? It's full of guys who used whatever performance enhancement drugs were available at the time.

I'd even let Bonds in before Big Mac...at least Bonds didn't look as stupid in front of everyone saying "let's not talk about the past". That was insulting.

Is OJ still in the pro-football HOF?

I'd let Rose in...

bobsticks
01-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Half y'all are gonna feel pretty stupid in ten years when everyone's on steroids.

Rich-n-Texas
01-12-2009, 01:28 PM
The decline of morals and values in Western civilization...

Maybe I'll go to sleep and wake up 30 years in the past. I can only wish.

"Why do we do it? Foooooor the money!"

02audionoob
01-12-2009, 05:01 PM

I grew up a Cowboys fan in the Landry/Schramm era. I'm a bit of a nostalgic good-old-days fan. I even collect a little bit of NFL memorabilia from those days. My interest comes and goes in the Jones era, largely because I don't care for the personalities and the soap opera. It's still the same town and same uniform, so I'll root for them on game day...assuming I watch. Truth be told, I didn't actually see the game against Philly. I probably saw about 4 games, this year, which has been roughly the average for me over the last decade. I've started to enjoy watching AFC games and probably saw this year's Colts and Steelers as much as the Cowboys.

3-LockBox
01-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Sports reporters say Jerry Jones released him due to a lackluster performance, especially against the Eagles last month.

There is a clause in Pacman's contract, a sort of escape clause for Dallas, stating that Dallas gets to retain one of the draft picks it gave Tennessee in the trade, if Pacman gets into any trouble following the trade (I think up to one whole season) and of course, that has already happened. So Jones will let Pacman go after this latest news, because Pacman didn't perform well this year, but blame it on off-field issues.

Jones is trying desperately to prove that Dallas' success in the '90s was a product of his football prowess, and not Jimmy Johnson's. And that ego permiates every aspect of the Cowboys. I really don't think Jones can ever experience any real success because he has an acute case of Al Davisitis, and he can't stop interfering with his coaches, and he can't resist big-ticket draw trouble makers like Owen and Pacman.

Worf101
01-13-2009, 06:31 AM
I told you not to jump ship. What a difference a month makes! I'm rootin' for the Eggles only cause my son's a big fan AND McNabb went to my alma mater, Syracuse U. If McNabb doesn't win the superbowl, Philly fans will blame him and run him out of town, they will then spend the next 10 years wishin' they had him back.

Other than that, I've no horse in this race. The Cards scare the hell out of me though but history has proven that Defence wins championships, just ask Ray Lewis and the Ravens. Their defence embarrased the Giants in that superbowl and except for one special teams TD shut them down completely. Still this has been a great playoff thus far and the Ravens Steelers is gonna be one helluva donnybrook.

Da Worfster

3-LockBox
01-13-2009, 04:21 PM
If McNabb doesn't win the superbowl, Philly fans will blame him and run him out of town, they will then spend the next 10 years wishin' they had him back.

Yep. I know McNabb's gaffs in recent playoff games infuriate Philly fans, but I still say McNabb is an elite QB and if he had the the level of talent surrounding him that Troy Aikman and Steve Young had, he'd be a first ballot HoF candidate (both of those guys are in the HoF). Hell, if you compare McNabb to Bret Favre and Peyton Manning, you'd have to admit that for all their numbers, those guys certainly have lack-luster playoff careers. McNabb might not have single season stats like those guys, but he's done well with what he's had, and that is far less than the reciever corps that other QB's have enjoyed. You think Steve Young makes it to the HoF, (or a Superbowl for that matter) if he stayed in Tampa Bay? He's merely another Steve DeBerg if he lands anywhere else but SanFran.

Swish
01-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Yep. I know McNabb's gaffs in recent playoff games infuriate Philly fans, but I still say McNabb is an elite QB and if he had the the level of talent surrounding him that Troy Aikman and Steve Young had, he'd be a first ballot HoF candidate (both of those guys are in the HoF). Hell, if you compare McNabb to Bret Favre and Peyton Manning, you'd have to admit that for all their numbers, those guys certainly have lack-luster playoff careers. McNabb might not have single season stats like those guys, but he's done well with what he's had, and that is far less than the reciever corps that other QB's have enjoyed. You think Steve Young makes it to the HoF, (or a Superbowl for that matter) if he stayed in Tampa Bay? He's merely another Steve DeBerg if he lands anywhere else but SanFran.

...and you don't need a Super Bowl ring to do. You may be right that it won't be in the first year, but he'll get in for sure. I do that you need to be surrounded by talent or it won't matter how good you are. Look at how Jeff Garcia struggled once he left San Fran. His best year there was in 2000 with 97.6, and his passer rating dropped every year, and as low as 76 in Cleveland and an even lower 65 in Detroit, until he got to Philly where it rose to 95.8, because he actually had an offensive line and receivers who could catch the ball. Plus he was back in a West Coast offense.

I know there are many great running backs whose careers were ruined because they were on teams with inferior lines. Many.

02audionoob
01-13-2009, 05:18 PM
One's chances of induction into the HoF are greatly enhanced by team success. Look at how many Steelers from the 1970's are in. I've always admired Donovan as a player, going back to his college days. I say he belongs in. Given the NFC East connection I'd usually be rooting for him this week, but I still like the Cards from their days in the division and I've long wanted to see them do well.

Rich-n-Texas
01-16-2009, 07:58 AM
...only from the casual observer's POV. :sosp:

SO, which Eagles team is going to show up this time? Or more specifically, which McNabb is going to show up... this time? If I see him upchucking during the game like he used to do a few years ago, it probably won't be a good sign.
If I see him on the opposing sidelines talking on the phone, well...

Rich-n-Texas
01-18-2009, 03:23 PM
"Second verse, same as the first..."

Maybe next year.
Maybe next year.

Call me in 5 years...

3-LockBox
01-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, with two 9-win teams in the title game, you had to wonder whose wheels were coming off first, and for a while it looked like Philly, but they deserve props for gutting it out and making a game of it. Even though the Cards finally figured out a way to win a close game, I'm not so sure the Cards deserve to win, after blowing an 18 point halftime lead. And I hate that Philly's last drive came down to a questionable non-call. I'm not so sure that it was pass interference, but there was contact, and I wished it wasn't so close. I'm sure McNabb will get blamed, but it wasn't his fault. You can't spot the opposing team an 18 point haltime lead, even if its the Cardinals.

This game doesn't bode well for Arizona's chances for a superbowl win. Once again, Warner gets his cage rattled, and he unravels. Having Warner as a QB is like living in a trailer home in Tennessee or Mississippi. They're quite nice, as pretty as most houses, until a tornado comes around. Then it gets ugly, fast. When a tornado hits your trailer-house, its not a matter of how much damage there'll be, but how far from the the trailer they find your remains. Then people wonder why anyone would live in a trailer, and everyone thinks you're stupid that you did.

hifitommy
01-18-2009, 03:34 PM
don henley?

and the cowboys? margot timmons?

GMichael
01-19-2009, 06:54 AM
I see a big shake up for many NFL teams this off season. I know. Not hard to see sense it's already started. More to come though.