Which BAT Pre/Power combi !!! is it really better than vk300x? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Which BAT Pre/Power combi !!! is it really better than vk300x?

art80342
11-21-2008, 03:36 AM
- bat vk3ix OR bat vk32se PAIRING bat vk55 -

staring to move from my BAT vk300x to PRE-POWER and would really appreciate some advise on which of the above combination is better.

aware that the 2 preamps are of different price category but have read that the vk3ix is sweeter ect...and not exactly CAN/SHOULD be compared to vk32se. In short they are different class hence wondering if it makes sense comparing. Further, the bat vk55 is the max i can afford now hence wld decide on that as a fixed option as power amp.

Definitely would appreciate the ideas of tube swapping in the preamps and aware that 32se despite presence of 6H30, allows for swapping as well (without change of any circuit board...or am i mistaken)

My CDP is MARANTZ CD15 and SPEAKERS are Vandersteen 2CEsig2

any comparision is appreciated. : )

and yes, the 32se/55 pairing cost 3000usd MORE than the 3ix/55 pairing ....is this increase worth it?

nightflier
11-21-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm not really a tube guy (have just one component with tubes), but would like to read what others have to say here. Always curious.

One question, are you settled on BAT? Any other brands you'd consider?

art80342
11-21-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm not really a tube guy (have just one component with tubes), but would like to read what others have to say here. Always curious.

One question, are you settled on BAT? Any other brands you'd consider?

/// yes..pretty much settled on BAT gear after extensive owneing and hunting ...

marantz pm15s1 to NAIM supernait to Luxman 550a ....

now settled on the bat house sound albeit integrated and now wishing to move on to its pre power...