PDA

View Full Version : Death Match: Daffy Duck vs. Donald Duck

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 12:48 PM
There. Chew on that one for a while. :rolleyes:

:smilewinkgrin:

GMichael
11-19-2008, 01:01 PM
No doubt that Donald has way more anger issues, but I'd put my money on Daffy. IMO Looney tunes characters are more resourceful.

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 01:02 PM
I agree with both of your points.

elapsed
11-19-2008, 01:23 PM
I've got to go with Howard the Duck on this one..

http://cardboardmonocle.com/blog/fxsuits/howard.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080325/Superheroes/Howard-the-Duck_l.jpg

cheers,
elapsed

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Human ducks are out of bounds. :nonod:

elapsed
11-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Human ducks are out of bounds. :nonod:
Actually according to Wikipedia..

"Howard found himself on Earth due to a shift in "the Cosmic Axis". In the black-and-white Howard the Duck magazine series, writer Bill Mantlo theorized that Howard came from an extra-dimensional planet called Duckworld, a planet similar to Earth where ducks, not apes, had evolved to become the dominant species."

Therefore I challenge that Howard the Duck is a contender in this death match as he is originally a Marvel cartoon character, and is 100% duck, not of human origin

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d7/Howard_The_Duck_-8.jpg

cheers,
elapsed

kexodusc
11-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Daffy would no doubt plot something devious and dirty, but Donald would degenerate into some sort of bezrerker blood rage, hurling spitty obscenities and furieth anger at poor Daffy...

For the love of good I hope Daffy doesn't have any pet Chipmunks.

Auricauricle
11-19-2008, 04:23 PM
...and let us not overlook the Loonies' exclusive contract with Acme! Even our DOD's hooks in General Dynamics and Lockheed Martin can't keep up. Just ask Wile E.

And THAT, my children is 1000!!!

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Under no circumstances will I amend this poll to accomodate a human duck. No sir!

elapsed
11-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Under no circumstances will I amend this poll to accomodate a human duck. No sir!
How about Darkwing Duck and Scrooge McDuck? I think there is also a Count Duckula in the UK ;)

cheers,
elapsed

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 05:42 PM
:cryin:

C'mon man! This is my first poll!

Can't I ever get my way? :sad:

kexodusc
11-20-2008, 04:43 AM
I think you could put all the other ducks you want in the poll...it's coming down to Daffy and Donald either way. Rich just saved us all the bother...

Worf101
11-20-2008, 05:34 AM
For a first try Tex, I think you done good. The choice is "clear" (at least to moi), the subject's never been broached before and the characters are both quite well known to the vast majority of forumites. I think it's a good poll and we don't need Howard da Duck anywhere near it.

Daffy in a landslide, K.O in the 3rd canto. MY Daffy, the OLD Daffy, the Daffy who tortured man and beast in the 30's and 40'ls, THAT Daffy wipes the floor with Donald. He just pulls that stupid sailor shirt over his head and goes "Broad Street Bully" on him. Folks who only know Daffy as Buggs' biatch don't know the half of the story. Before Buggs there WAS Daffy and Daffy was murderous and foul.

"Very Petite Betsy , very Petite"
"Very sloppy Roscoe, very sloppy, you're a slobberly housekeeper".
"Obviously you don't know the little black duck!"
"Woo Woo"

He was manic, he was crazed, he was on Cocaine.... I rest my case.

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
11-20-2008, 05:37 AM
Jeez! Did I put a psycho duck up for vote? :yikes:

Nevertheless I voted for Daffy because, IMO, Donald was henpecked. He always had those little troublemaker ducklings following him around. Daffy was a rouge, a loner, a free spirit, just like me.

GMichael
11-20-2008, 06:48 AM
For a first try Tex, I think you done good. The choice is "clear" (at least to moi), the subject's never been broached before and the characters are both quite well known to the vast majority of forumites. I think it's a good poll and we don't need Howard da Duck anywhere near it.

Daffy in a landslide, K.O in the 3rd canto. MY Daffy, the OLD Daffy, the Daffy who tortured man and beast in the 30's and 40'ls, THAT Daffy wipes the floor with Donald. He just pulls that stupid sailor shirt over his head and goes "Broad Street Bully" on him. Folks who only know Daffy as Buggs' biatch don't know the half of the story. Before Buggs there WAS Daffy and Daffy was murderous and foul.

"Very Petite Betsy , very Petite"
"Very sloppy Roscoe, very sloppy, you're a slobberly housekeeper".
"Obviously you don't know the little black duck!"
"Woo Woo"

He was manic, he was crazed, he was on Cocaine.... I rest my case.

Da Worfster

Foul? Trying to sneak one past the goalie huh?

Ajani
11-20-2008, 07:03 AM
How about Darkwing Duck and Scrooge McDuck? I think there is also a Count Duckula in the UK ;)

cheers,
elapsed

I would've voted for Count Duckula, had he been in the poll...Vampire Ducks kick @$$!!!

bobsticks
11-20-2008, 10:02 AM
I too would opt for Howard in a perfect world. Under the circumstances I'll just go with the flow...

ForeverAutumn
11-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Oh please. This is no contest. Daffy wins hands down. Forget those wimpy Disney characters. They're no contest for any Warner Bros character.

Donald may have a temper. But piss him off and all he'll do is throw a little hissy fit and slink away.

Piss Daffy off, on the other hand, and you may just find yourself at the wrong end of Elmer Fudd's hunting rifle, with Daffy holding the trigger muttering, "duck season my ass". BANG!!!

GMichael
11-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Huh? What's that? You @ss is in season?:devil:

3-LockBox
11-21-2008, 04:05 PM
I think Worf is right, it depends on which Daffy , cuz the first incarnation of Daffy Duck would go 'Joker' on Donald, while the latter-day Daffy was a big pussy, but I still think Donald has too deep a reservoire of rage for Daffy to cope with.

thekid
11-22-2008, 03:36 AM
Any duck that regularly allowed Mickey Mouse to get the best of him would not stand a chance. Daffy had to contend with Elmer Fudd and I believe on occasion Yosemite Sam and those guys packed heat!!!

While dating, my wife and I were one of the few people who actually stumbled into the theater and saw "Howard the Duck". I think I was still drinking at that point and even drunk I could not believe how stupid this movie was, I do not know how-why George Lucas had anything to do with that film. Anyone who saw that should be given lifetime passes to any George Lucas film as just compensation.

Auricauricle
11-22-2008, 05:12 PM
You folks have seem to have forgotten the TRUE Granddaddy Master...

Mr...Dirty Duck!!

Rich-n-Texas
12-01-2008, 01:18 PM
So I guess we can say Daffy won. Yay!

GMichael
12-01-2008, 01:29 PM
What about Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man? That was a seriously sick duck!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Duckman&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

Kam
12-03-2008, 09:16 AM
whew! glad i got back into the flow in time to vote for this!

Daffy all the way and i agree, Looney Tunes vs. Disney... i can't think offhand of a disney character that could beat their looney counterpart.

Rich-n-Texas
12-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Mr. Disney's probably turning in his grave. Poor old guy.

Kam
12-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Mr. Disney's probably turning in his grave. Poor old guy.
don't you mean:

"His head is probably turning in its cryogenic chamber"

Rich-n-Texas
12-03-2008, 10:58 AM
don't you mean:

"His head is probably turning in its cryogenic chamber"
I did NOT know that.

GMichael
12-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Saving it for the future? Gonna stick it on top of a robot/cyborg in the year 2112?