Mach one speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mach one speakers

Boatman1
11-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I have a pair of mint Realistic Mach ones mod 4024 and the mid horn on one of them
almost wasn't there, I opened it up and found the magnet had separated and moved over
a bit so I pulled it off applied some marine glue and reattached I centered it wile it was
running so I could here the best sound, back together and they sound great again.:cornut: :

Styx
11-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Nothing like a DIY repair......good work.

BRANDONH
11-21-2008, 06:12 PM
I have a pair of mint Realistic Mach ones mod 4024 and the mid horn on one of them
almost wasn't there, I opened it up and found the magnet had separated and moved over
a bit so I pulled it off applied some marine glue and reattached I centered it wile it was
running so I could here the best sound, back together and they sound great again.:cornut: :

how sweet what a speaker!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/theboykid/FridayNovember2120084.jpg

thekid
11-22-2008, 03:41 AM
Good job!

I think some of the older Realistic gear is not too bad. Pound for pound my Minimus 7's are pretty darn good.

Anyone who likes or has older Realistic gear might appreciate this link.....

http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/index.html

ctal615
01-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Hi, i just picked up a pair of realistic 4024's and the mid and high horns don't work on one. I couldn't figure out how to get inside of it. I tried taking out the 10 screws in the mid horn / Eq and it wouldn't budge. any ideas?

Boatman1
01-26-2010, 08:20 PM
I had a tough time getting the tweeter plate out also, take the woofer out and the crossover plate is right behind it, if you need to take the tweeter plate out you can push
it out from behind through the woofer hole.
Good luck

Cu-Melter
03-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi, i just picked up a pair of realistic 4024's and the mid and high horns don't work on one. I couldn't figure out how to get inside of it. I tried taking out the 10 screws in the mid horn / Eq and it wouldn't budge. any ideas?
The Midrange horn's mouth is held onto the cabinet via 8 screws /nuts.
You must remove the nuts in order to pull the horn's mouth out from the cab.

The Tweeter horns/L-Pads are removed by force from behind the plate.
Remove the outer screws holding the plate down, then use pressure on the back plate. Obviously, you'll have to remove the woofer for this.