AR.com PS3 Online Gaming Thread [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AR.com PS3 Online Gaming Thread

Pages : [1] 2

L.J.
11-14-2008, 12:09 PM
OK, a couple of members and myself thought it would be cool for us PS3 owners to get together and do some online gaming. There's a few things we need to agree on before this can get done. First we need to decide on a game. I'm thinking a game that supports at least 8 online players, pretty simple to play, and is inexpensive to purchase(although renting may be an option for some).

Also, we have to come up with a day and time. Weekends would probably work out the best. We could even check in here and get everyone together. The PS3 also allows you to communicate with "friends" via video, voice or message, and you are able to see who's online and what they're doing. I added GM & Rich a while ago and I can see when they're online, what they're if it involves gaming and I can shoot them a quick message. So if you haven't logged into the network and created an online ID, you need to get one and post it here so you can be added to everyone's friends list (http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/friends/addfriend.html).

ID's we have so far:

LJay = LJ
Detroit_Irish = DetroitIrish
GMB2000 = GM
rich3fan = Rich n Texas

So, first things first, we need to decide on a game. Thoughts?

kexodusc
11-14-2008, 12:27 PM
OK, a couple of members and myself thought it would be cool for us PS3 owners to get together and do some online gaming. There's a few things we need to agree on before this can get done. First we need to decide on a game. I'm thinking a game that supports at least 8 online players, pretty simple to play, and is inexpensive to purchase(although renting may be an option for some).

Also, we have to come up with a day and time. Weekends would probably work out the best. We could even check in here and get everyone together. The PS3 also allows you to communicate with "friends" via video, voice or message, and you are able to see who's online and what they're doing. I added GM & Rich a while ago and I can see when they're online, what they're if it involves gaming and I can shoot them a quick message. So if you haven't logged into the network and created an online ID, you need to get one and post it here so you can be added to everyone's friends list (http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/friends/addfriend.html).

ID's we have so far:

LJay = LJ
Detroit_Irish = DetroitIrish
GMB2000 = GM
rich3fan = Rich n Texas

So, first things first, we need to decide on a game. Thoughts?

I'm one of the members who's all for this too - I generally suck at gaming, but like to try...

Oh, my ID

kexodusc = kexodusc

So what's everyone's fancy...a shoot'em kill'em game? Hockey, football, racing? Some trivia game? Etc,etc...

Rich-n-Texas
11-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Oh, my ID

kexodusc = kexodusc
Earth-freakin'-shattering! :rolleyes:

So what's everyone's fancy...a shoot'em kill'em game? Hockey, football, racing? Some trivia game? Etc,etc...
Grand Theft Auto. :ihih:

Rich-n-Texas
11-14-2008, 12:34 PM
I need to play a game that will help me to produce new neural pathways in my brain.

Doesn't topspeed aka Imslo have a PS3? I know he was playing COD4 (probably still is :rolleyes: ) a few months ago but I'm not sure it was on a PS3 or XBOX.

L.J.
11-14-2008, 12:37 PM
I vote for Warhawk. Up to 32 players online(hopefully we can just keep it at our little AR group) a free demo is available online, so we can become familiar with the game before purchasing and Amazon has it for $29.99 with a free bluetooth headset (http://www.amazon.com/WarHawk-Bundle-Bluetooth-Headset-Playstation-3/dp/B000K9K9AC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1226693582&sr=8-2). $19.99 for the game only.

BTW I have nearly every sports game from 07 if someone feels like getting beat at Madden :yesnod:

GMichael
11-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Burnout is $20 now. I supports lots of players and is a blast to play.

Rich-n-Texas
11-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't have a racing wheel and I'm still having a difficult time getting used to the PS3 controller, so any game that's not so controller intensive would be a plus for starters. I am a big fan of first person shooters though.

ForeverAutumn
11-14-2008, 01:08 PM
I suggest that you all get XBox's so that I can play!!!

audio amateur
11-14-2008, 01:18 PM
If i had a PS3 the first thing I would do is buy Wipeout HD. At the moment, it's only available via download, but it's cheap! About 20 bucks I believe. At 1080p, 60 frames/second, it looks stunning and I can't wait to play it.
Have a look if you're not familiar with the series:
http://www.wipeouthd.com/en_US/index.html
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FO7mp-lyYnQ

Rich-n-Texas
11-14-2008, 01:21 PM
I suggest that you sell your xbox on eBay and purchase a PS3. I think GM would agree. :yesnod:

GMichael
11-14-2008, 01:23 PM

You want to play with us?

L.J.
11-14-2008, 01:25 PM

This is a good excuse for you to get a PS3 now :D

Rich-n-Texas
11-14-2008, 01:26 PM
We'll support you in any way we can FA. :ihih:

L.J.
11-14-2008, 01:28 PM
I could do racing if everyone agrees on it.....But, I'd much rather blow one of your heads off in a shooting game :D

BTW, if anyone is interested in the game AA mentioned, I believe the demo is available on the PSN.

L.J.
11-14-2008, 01:29 PM
We'll support you in any way we can FA. :ihih:

You guys are too much.....We need some more women on AR to balance things out :lol:

kexodusc
11-14-2008, 02:18 PM
I think some sort of shooting or sports game would be fun but I'll go with the group.
....how do I add you folks anyway?

kexodusc
11-14-2008, 02:19 PM
FA...I have an xbox 360 - whenever you want to dual on guitar hero 2 or III, just lemme know...or if you need to get vaporized at Halo 3...either way....:devil:

L.J.
11-14-2008, 02:21 PM
I think some sort of shooting or sports game would be fun but I'll go with the group.
....how do I add you folks anyway?

Everyone shoots you a message asking you to be a friend or buddy or something like that. All you have to do is accept.

L.J.
11-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Hmmm...What about Resistance? I was gonna pick that one up anyways. 1st person shooter, excellent single player story, up to 40 online players, going for 19.99 @ amazon. You guys can give it a try on the PSN. It's one of my favorite demos.

http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-Fall-Man-playstation-3/dp/B000JLIXIG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1226702052&sr=8-1

kexodusc
11-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Okay, I'm going to buy resistance tonight, with or without you guys...I need a new game

L.J.
11-14-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm down for Resistance. Rich & GM, you guys in?

Again, excellent single player story. I can't get my bro to shut up about it.

BTW Kex, if you happen to stumble across a used Madden 07........

Rich-n-Texas
11-14-2008, 04:10 PM
I'll demo it tonite.

Disregard. I already have the demo. I'll continue to practice and maybe at some point I'll score my first kill. :rolleyes:

This was a dumb post. :o

kexodusc
11-14-2008, 04:40 PM

Ok...bought Resistance...I'm out of town most of tomorrow but back Sunday...hopefully I can try it out tonight. Man you can get that game used for $15 around here!

I'll have to go find a headset though, this store was out of stock :(

In the meantime, if we agree on a racing game I'll go back and get that too.

ForeverAutumn
11-14-2008, 06:54 PM
FA...I have an xbox 360 - whenever you want to dual on guitar hero 2 or III, just lemme know...or if you need to get vaporized at Halo 3...either way....:devil:

First I need to buy Guitar Hero. We've been so focused on choosing a bloody backsplash that I haven't had time for anything else.

Then I need to practice so that I don't totally embarrass myself.

I'll let you know when I'm ready!

kexodusc
11-15-2008, 06:13 AM

Holy crap.
Okay, after about an hour so a few things came to mind...this shooter feels like someone tried merging the Halo and Call of Duty franchises into a weird post WWII sci-fi military thing.
Might not be the most original game but it's not exactly a straight knock off either. And it's a ton of fun. Starts off a bit lackluster but gets a lot better..It reminds me of the other 2 games but in all the good ways. The sounds and scenery are top notch.

Good pick LJ! Now I gotta go kill me some Leapers...who's with me!!!! :arf:

I better be careful...gotta flight to catch in about 3 hrs... :1:

L.J.
11-15-2008, 09:21 AM
My copy is on it's way. Not bad for $19.99. When I got my PS3 2 years ago, I was lucky to come across any title for under $40.

Anyways, GM & Rich...Resistance is it. Go out and get it. My bro is down to go some rounds too. This game is great for single player mode as well so you'll get plenty of play for your $$$. You'll find excellent reviews everywhere!

Hopefully Wooch & Top will be joining in soon.

Rich-n-Texas
11-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Will do L.J. I need to put something else in my Amazon cart to get free shipping on this, then I get it ordered. There were something like 200 reviews about it at Amazon, almost all 5 stars so you know a LOT of people own and are happy with it already.

L.J.
11-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Oh, forgot to mention 7.1 lossless PCM track. SWEET!!!!!

Rich, I found a lot of newer released CD's on sale for 9.99 @ Amazon. I needed 2 items as well :thumbsup:

Rich-n-Texas
11-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Always looking for new CD's to add to my slowly but surely growing collection.

kexodusc
11-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Rich, you could always just buy me something to get the free shipping - Burnout Paradise maybe?:ihih:

Rich-n-Texas
11-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Merry Christmas Kex! :biggrin5:

L.J.
11-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Hmmm....I was just thinking that there are a few demos that have online access. Not sure to what degree, but I'll look into it. Warhawk may be one of the games. I've played a few others online too, I think one was Blazing Angels. The burnout demo has online play as well. If it works out, we'll all have the online demo games available and it won't cost a dime.

kexodusc
11-16-2008, 12:04 PM
I also bought that bowling game just try it out. It's actually a lot of fun for $9.99.

L.J.
11-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Hey GM, you picking up Resistance or what? 19.99 @ Amazon. One of PS3's best games!!!

Rich-n-Texas
11-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Mine will be shipping in the next day or so along with a Robin Trower's Greatest Hits CD. Just to forewarn you online gamers, I'm a relative n00b when it comes to this mode of gameplay. I've rarely done more than play as an observer and I'm not so sure I want to be seen and/or heard while playing the game. :o

GMichael
11-17-2008, 07:51 AM
It might be a hard sell (yes even at $20) to the little woman. Yesterday was her birthday and she couldn't get what she wanted due to a lack of funds. I'm trying to think of a way to justify a game purchase of any kind right now.
I have tried the demo though. Hope you guys don't mind friendly fire, as I seem to suck at the shooting games. (Hey GM, stop shooting us. And get your a$$ out of that corner. Don't you know what you're doing? OK, you're going down sucker. Everyone, blow GM away)

Yeah Kex. That bowling game is fun. Great for when you have company. Have you seen the old lady yet? My wife dies laughing at her.

kexodusc
11-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Mine will be shipping in the next day or so along with a Robin Trower's Greatest Hits CD. Just to forewarn you online gamers, I'm a relative n00b when it comes to this mode of gameplay. I've rarely done more than play as an observer and I'm not so sure I want to be seen and/or heard while playing the game. :o
Rich, I usually get owned by mouth 12 year olds when I play games online...no worries.

I think we can create our own matches or whatever so it's just us playing each other against another group, or make our team, and so forth. Of course there's alwasy the deathmatch (every man for himself) options. We'll go easy on you.

Rich-n-Texas
11-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks Kex, I feel better now. :biggrin5:

Fundraiser for GM? I'll contribute some brownies for the bake sale! :ihih:

L.J.
11-17-2008, 08:17 AM
OK well the bowling game is a option. 3 of us own it already so that puts the pressure on Rich to get it. It's only 9.99 Rich man :)

GM, since Resistance is a greatest hits title, you may be able to find a used copy for under 20. No pressure though buddy, I was on BR lockdown a while back myself. We may be able to play some free online demo games also...I'll look into that today.

Also, I have no problem getting Burnout.

GM, do you have any other games that or playable online...PSN or Disc?

GMichael
11-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks Kex, I feel better now. :biggrin5:

Fundraiser for GM? I'll contribute some brownies for the bake sale! :ihih:

Things will work out. Thanks for the brownies though.

L.J.
11-17-2008, 08:23 AM
I think we can create our own matches or whatever so it's just us playing each other against another group, or make our team, and so forth. Of course there's alwasy the deathmatch (every man for himself) options. We'll go easy on you.

Hmm...I wonder if we can create our own locked room and call it AR.com or something like that? When I play my bro online, we both enter the same room and send private challenge to each other. Not sure how that works with a group.

L.J.
11-17-2008, 08:49 AM
OK, so the Warhawk demo is available for online play. I was able to create a room, limit the number of joining players and so on.

Blazing Angels 2 demo has online play as well. You can again, create a room, view your friends list for game invites and so on.

Lost Planet demo, Enemy Territory Quake Wars.......Quit a few options to choose from. I think Warhawk is a good place to start. Everyone just needs to download the demo and then we have to figure out a time. I'm gonna start practicing so I can snip Rich from the rooftops a million times :lol:

Rich-n-Texas
11-17-2008, 09:00 AM
HEY! You jerk! I'm unarmed!!! :incazzato:

kexodusc
11-17-2008, 09:29 AM
I'll nab Warhawk tonight...

GMichael
11-17-2008, 09:32 AM
HEY! You jerk! I'm unarmed!!! :incazzato:

How are you typing without arms?:out:

Rich-n-Texas
11-17-2008, 10:17 AM
My nose. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

L.J.
11-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Uh GM, did you miss post #39?

Rich-n-Texas
11-17-2008, 10:35 AM
"the bowling game" Please specify the exact name of "the bowling game". :rolleyes:

GMichael
11-17-2008, 10:45 AM
OK well the bowling game is a option. 3 of us own it already so that puts the pressure on Rich to get it. It's only 9.99 Rich man :)

GM, since Resistance is a greatest hits title, you may be able to find a used copy for under 20. No pressure though buddy, I was on BR lockdown a while back myself. We may be able to play some free online demo games also...I'll look into that today.

Also, I have no problem getting Burnout.

GM, do you have any other games that or playable online...PSN or Disc?

Yeah, I did miss this one.
Bowling works. Do I get to be the old farting woman?
Burnout is still fun to me, even after 200 hours of playing it. I've only gone online for about an hour though. It was just a bunch of kids randomly slamming into each other. I hear that it's more fun with a group who want to complete the on-line challenges.
They keep coming out with free upgrades to the game too. The last upgrade (BIKES) includes an area where you can hear construction sounds near where they plan the next upgrade at the east bridge.
Haven't tried going online with anything else. I'll have to see if I can sync honey's BT earpiece to the PS3. Otherwise I'll just be listening to you guys and looking like Dopy from Snow White.

kexodusc
11-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I did miss this one.
Bowling works. Do I get to be the old farting woman?
Burnout is still fun to me, even after 200 hours of playing it. I've only gone online for about an hour though. It was just a bunch of kids randomly slamming into each other. I hear that it's more fun with a group who want to complete the on-line challenges.
They keep coming out with free upgrades to the game too. The last upgrade (BIKES) includes an area where you can hear construction sounds near where they plan the next upgrade at the east bridge.
Haven't tried going online with anything else. I'll have to see if I can sync honey's BT earpiece to the PS3. Otherwise I'll just be listening to you guys and looking like Dopy from Snow White.
200 hours? Wow. I haven't got that much time out of a video game since the original Nintendo.

Rich-n-Texas
11-17-2008, 10:51 AM
He's been playing it since he was a weee little chap.

L.J.
11-17-2008, 11:01 AM
GM, what other PS3 games do you have, PSN & disc?

GMichael
11-17-2008, 11:38 AM
On disks:

Virtual Tennis (It's fun but doesn't compare to the other games)
Motorstorm I (This is a fun racing game)
Ratchet & Clank (great game but no on-line)
Burnout in Paradise (Fantastic game! Actually pulled a muscle playing it on my birthday. It's easier to play it without the wheel)

On the hard drive:

High Speed Bowling (great game to play with others)

Demos:

Too many to list. I seem to suck big time at most shooting games but will try my best if no one laughs. Oh ok. You can laugh.

No PSP.

Rich-n-Texas
11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
...On the hard drive:

High Speed Bowling (great game to play with others)...
Does this equate to High Velocity Bowling? This is the game that I see for ten bucks.

L.J.
11-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Does this equate to High Velocity Bowling? This is the game that I see for ten bucks.

Yeah, that's it. High Velocity Bowling. Oh, make sure you don't throw your controller into your TV :)

Woochifer
11-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Got the PS3! :cool:

Got no games!

Got a Playstation Network ID - Woochifer!

Got no games!

Any ideas? :3:

L.J.
11-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Got the PS3! :cool:

Got no games!

Got a Playstation Network ID - Woochifer!

Got no games!

Any ideas? :3:

The PSN is your friend. How about close to 100 free game demos to keep you going. Some has game play that lasts about an hour. Start off with the Warhawk demo. It has free online play so we're gonna give that one a try. Also a huge amount of cool little games from 2.99 to 9.99.

Take a look at the PS3 greatest hits. Great list of games that can be found for 19.99 or maybe even lower if you go used. Amazon had a ton of games on sale a few days ago for around 19.99 and I'm sure that deal is gonna pop back up.

I think Motostorm & Resistance are must have greatest hits titles. You'll find demos for both.

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Okay so which game are we going to start with? Which night is going to be bowling night?

kexodusc
11-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Yeaahh...we're really good at buying and downloading games so far...the whole logistics of actually playing them...needs a wee bit of work. :lol:
I can't wait to put a few ounces of lead between Rich's eyes...:ciappa:

GMichael
11-18-2008, 07:41 AM
How does Thursday night sound to everyone?

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Y'all are going to be sadly disappointed when I blow all y'alls butts off the face of the earth with one single RPG round, okay? It'll be ugly for you! :nono:

kexodusc
11-18-2008, 07:59 AM
I'm pretty flexible about which night and Thursday can work this week - Fridays and Saturdays I play hockey until about 8:30 EST, but outside those few hrs, I can usually juggle free time around when I'm not on the road.

Shhh...listen carefully...if you're real quiet you can hear the sound of Rich's knees knocking in fear all the way from Texas...

GMichael
11-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Somebody is going to have to remind me to swipe my wife's BT ear set.

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm pretty flexible about which night and Thursday can work this week - Fridays and Saturdays I play hockey until about 8:30 EST, but outside those few hrs, I can usually juggle free time around when I'm not on the road.

Shhh...listen carefully...if you're real quiet you can hear the sound of Rich's knees knocking in fear all the way from Texas...

:Yawn:

"Revenge is a dish best served cold"

Remember that!

L.J.
11-18-2008, 08:12 AM
BOWLING!!! Come on man, I wanna play Warhawk. The demo is pretty cool and you have access to all kinds of cool weapons & vehicles. BTW Rich, the targeting system locks on when you get close enough so that should help you out a bit :wink5:

Also there's a step by step training mode. You guys better start practicing.

I can't believe you guys wanna bowl when we could be shooting at each other. Rich you are a guy right :p

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 08:13 AM
Just waking up Joystick boyyyyy? :ihih:

kexodusc
11-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Ok. Bowling. Warhawk. Whatever.
Hey, if I see you guys sign in to the PSN, can I invite you to a deathmatch somehow?

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 09:50 AM
OK, so the Warhawk demo is available for online play. I was able to create a room, limit the number of joining players and so on...

...I think Warhawk is a good place to start. Everyone just needs to download the demo and then we have to figure out a time. I'm gonna start practicing so I can snip Rich from the rooftops a million times :lol:
Since L.J.'s set this up, I think we should try it out. I'll d/l the demo when I get home from work. L.J., why don't you send us a message over the PSN with details such as the name of the room...etc. I don't know how communication works when in a game room but since I don't have a microphone I'll have to use messaging I guess. I'll try to be in there at 8 pm CST. We can still bowl on Thursday night. GM's in the same time zone as Kex, I'm an hour earlier and L.J.'s three hours earlier. Sound good?

kexodusc
11-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Since L.J.'s set this up, I think we should try it out. I'll d/l the demo when I get home from work. L.J., why don't you send us a message over the PSN with details such as the name of the room...etc. I don't know how communication works when in a game room but since I don't have a microphone I'll have to use messaging I guess. I'll try to be in there at 8 pm CST. We can still bowl on Thursday night. GM's in the same time zone as Kex, I'm an hour earlier and L.J.'s three hours earlier. Sound good?
Uhh, yeah, about that..I'm actually in AST...1 hour later than EST...but my wife lets me stay up really late most nights....mostly.

GMichael
11-18-2008, 10:00 AM

I downloaded the Warhawk demo last week. Haven't gotten through all of the training though. Wouldn't hurt to start over.

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Will do L.J. I need to put something else in my Amazon cart to get free shipping on this, then I get it ordered. There were something like 200 reviews about it at Amazon, almost all 5 stars so you know a LOT of people own and are happy with it already.
Shipped!

I predict I'll have it by Saturday.

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Uhh, yeah, about that..I'm actually in AST...1 hour later than EST...but my wife lets me stay up really late most nights....mostly.
AST = Arctic Standard Time? :p Is it cold up there? In the 70's here today. :biggrin5:

GMichael
11-18-2008, 10:16 AM
AST = Arctic Standard Time? :p Is it cold up there? In the 70's here today. :biggrin5:

Snow here today.

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Learn to ski yet GM? I know there are a few resorts in the Pocono's.

GMichael
11-18-2008, 10:30 AM
I only went skiing once, but picked it up pretty quick. Had a great time that day. Never got back there to try again. The wife would never go now. She hates the cold and the snow.

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Well you certainly picked the right part of the country for her to live in didn't ya? :sosp:

L.J.
11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Ok. Bowling. Warhawk. Whatever.
Hey, if I see you guys sign in to the PSN, can I invite you to a deathmatch somehow?

Yeah just hit triangle when highlighting that persons name to send a message. Some games will allow you to view your friends list and send an invite from there.

BTW, if any of us creates a room, either your user name or AR.com will work out fine. Rich, once you log into the game and go online, I'm pretty sure you can just enter the room or I'll send you an invite or something like that.

Oh, it would be great if we kept the language decent. I have a 3 year old running around and since I'm using the PS EYE mic, you can hear all conversation through my speakers. I would hate for him to pick up a few new words. I've had to stop sessions in the past due to bad language. I'll be getting a mic soon though. Thanks!!!

One more thing, ignore whatever my wife says...She's definitely going to try and embarrass me :out:

Yeah, I better pick up a mic soon!

GMichael
11-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Picked? Who picks where they're born? :cryin: We only moved 40 miles from where I grew up. This is where my job, family, friends, house and life are. I'd gladly move south if there was a job waiting for me. And I could sell my house in this market.:mad2:

GMichael
11-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Yeah just hit triangle when highlighting that persons name to send a message. Some games will allow you to view your friends list and send an invite from there.

BTW, if any of us creates a room, either your user name or AR.com will work out fine. Rich, once you log into the game and go online, I'm pretty sure you can just enter the room or I'll send you an invite or something like that.

Oh, it would be great if we kept the language decent. I have a 3 year old running around and since I'm using the PS EYE mic, you can hear all conversation through my speakers. I would hate for him to pick up a few new words. I've had to stop sessions in the past due to bad language. I'll be getting a mic soon though. Thanks!!!

One more thing, ignore whatever my wife says...She's definitely going to try and embarrass me :out:

Yeah, I better pick up a mic soon!

Maybe I better not use my wife's BT. :blush2:
It's easy for me to adjust what words I use while typing, but not slipping back to my normal verbage after getting blown up is tough.

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Heck, I don't want to know what you guys look like let alone what you sound like. Besides, I wouldn't be able to decipher L.J.'s LA speak anyway. :p

kexodusc
11-18-2008, 11:03 AM

AST = Atlantic Standard Time.
It's a balmy 35°F right now...perfect sniping weather...blood runs cold.:mad5:

kexodusc
11-18-2008, 11:07 AM
And I'm pretty civil on the mic - might drop the odd "crap" or "Rich you suck" line but other than that....
There's a training session for Warhawk? Cool. I'll have to catch up...

Rich, LJ, when you guys get Resistnace let me know, some of the battles on that are incredible, think we can make a team and take on some punk 13 year olds who will likely clobber us.

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 11:49 AM
If you guys frickin' gang up on me I'm going right to FA and telling on you's. Got that?

GMichael
11-18-2008, 11:59 AM
She don't frighten me. What's she gonna do, email me a mean letter?

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah this is true. You're no longer in line anyway.

kexodusc
11-18-2008, 12:04 PM
We's just funnin' with ya Rich...maybe...

GMichael
11-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah this is true. You're no longer in line anyway.

What line?:out:

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Nevermind. What ya don't know won't hurt ya. :ihih:

L.J.
11-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Heck, I don't want to know what you guys look like let alone what you sound like. Besides, I wouldn't be able to decipher L.J.'s LA speak anyway. :p

Now your really gonna get it :mad:

GMichael
11-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Nevermind. What ya don't know won't hurt ya. :ihih:

She cut me out of her will? Doesn't matter, I'm going first.

kexodusc
11-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't know what's worse...LJ's flying skills, or my aim...Warhawk would be a lot of fun with 4-8 people split to 2 teams.

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 06:14 PM
The game took an hour to d/l, but it's now installed. I just sent Kex & L.J. messages over the PSN.

kexodusc
11-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Once Rich figured out he wasn't suppose to shoot ME, he was a pretty good partner... :lol:

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Sorry Kex! I was just going to say... I'm glad my teamate doesn't die when I shoot him! :yikes:

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm going to spend a LOT of time in training so I can figure out how to fly, how to drive, how to change weapons, how to pick up health packs, how to... how to... how to...

L.J.
11-18-2008, 07:28 PM
I wonder if GM ever figured out we were partners?

So if any of you guys are off a bit. 2 teams blue & red. Goal is to steal the opposing teams flag and place it next to your own while trying to defend you own of course. I prefer sudden death but I don't know if that option is available on the demo.

I had the room locked at 4 players. I wanted to give Rich & GM a chance to get a feel for it. Rich, sorry I had to run you over with that tank...stay out of my next time.

Kex is getting pretty dang good...This should be interesting in a couple of weeks.

I shut off my mic because I figured you guys didn't won't to hear my entire family talking while playing. There's no way to mute it.

I should be getting Resistance tomorrow. BTW, I picked Mortal Kombat VS DC as a rental today and I love it. I think I may grad one if I can convince my bro to get one 2 and play me online.

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
L.J. I was trying to blow you up with my rocket launcher. I got two shots in before you hit me.

I didn't hear any voices during the game.

kexodusc
11-19-2008, 04:30 AM

So if any of you guys are off a bit. 2 teams blue & red. Goal is to steal the opposing teams flag and place it next to your own while trying to defend you own of course. I prefer sudden death but I don't know if that option is available on the demo.

I had the room locked at 4 players. I wanted to give Rich & GM a chance to get a feel for it. Rich, sorry I had to run you over with that tank...stay out of my next time.
Yeah, the learning curve on this game is steep. The controls are inverted compared to most shooters I play, and I struggle a bit the weapons selection system. Flying is tricky. But all that'll come with time. I bet that game would be a ton of fun.

Resistance is, IMO a lot easier to figure out for noobs, though the first level or two in single-player mode are pretty tough for reasons you'll figure out on your own.

I like the idea of locking the room to just us so we don't embarass ourselves. That's always been a deterrent to me playing online vs people I don't know. They usually kill me over and over, spawn camp, etc. Makes it tough to learn what you're doing wrong. And nobody I know in real life has a PS3...you guys are my only PSN friends :(
The first round I did vs LJ he had a partner and I had no hope. 1 on 1...I crushed him! :ciappa:

I shut off my mic because I figured you guys didn't won't to hear my entire family talking while playing. There's no way to mute it.
I don't mind the background noise, but if the other guys have mics those kinds of games are way more fun - you can actually work as a team by giving each other directions, coordinating strategies, etc. Plus I'm dying to see if my PS3 Bluetooth set actually works.
If we ever got good we could take on other groups as a team.

Lemme know when you guys get Resistance. That game is a blast and should be at least as fun online.

GMichael
11-19-2008, 06:10 AM

Kex is getting pretty dang good...This should be interesting in a couple of weeks.

I should be getting Resistance tomorrow. BTW, I picked Mortal Combat VS DC as a rental today and I love it. I think I may grad one if I can convince my bro to get one 2 and play me online.

I was wondering why you weren't shooting at me. I stopped shooting at you for that reason. Didn't know we were partners until I saw Rich's post about being Kex's partner. Sorry about driving us into that wall in the jeep.

It's going to take awhile for me to catch a clue on this. The flying controls confused the piss out of me. The hovering was easy but when I went into forward mode I was lost.

I started to pick up on the flag goal along the way but just concentrated on getting used to the controls.
Great fun guys. We'll have to do it again soon.

kexodusc
11-19-2008, 06:29 AM
I was wondering why you weren't shooting at me. I stopped shooting at you for that reason. Didn't know we were partners until I saw Rich's post about being Kex's partner. Sorry about driving us into that wall in the jeep.

It's going to take awhile for me to catch a clue on this. The flying controls confused the piss out of me. The hovering was easy but when I went into forward mode I was lost.

I started to pick up on the flag goal along the way but just concentrated on getting used to the controls.
I couldn't figure out why Rich was so intent on killing me...I hoped by just standing in front of him and not destroying him he would figure it out. By the end of it he was manning the wheel of a jeep while I was shooting at LJ.
You're right flying fast is a bugger...I can go in a straight line, but dogfighting is a pipe dream at this point. Driving the tanks and jeeps isn't that hard though.
I also got killed a few times running away while trying to select a stronger weapon than the standard pistol. The weapon selector's gonna take some getting used to.

If I read it right, those games can accomodate 16 vs 16 players. Wow that must get intense!

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 06:44 AM
That was a blast!!! I was laughing everytime L.J. killed me because I kept thinking about his remark when I posted that I wouldn't be able to understand what he was saying. Nevertheless you definately need a mic so you know who your friends are, right Kex? :o

I remember a bit about capturing flags from watching other online war games, but like GM, I spent most of my time figuring out how to control aircraft and coordinating my right and left thumbs. Moving around was so much less complicated with PC games. And like Kex said the movement controls seemed inverted. When I pull back on the camera stick I want it to look up, and I just couldn't coordinate my brain with the real result.

I made pretty good use of cover when the Blue team was flying overhead, I'd say. :yesnod:

And Kex, the reason why I was sitting there in the jeep at the end wasn't because I was waiting for you, it was because it took me that long to figure out how to go forward. :lol: But I'd have to say I did pretty good driving it over the bridge and under the overpass at the end there, ya know? It was funny as hell watching GM flying around and into things when I was running around on the ground, until his frickin' machine guns and missles cooked my azz.:incazzato:

BTW GM, same with me. I had no idea Kex was, like me, on the Red team. I was just blasting away at anything that moved. :eek:

GMichael
11-19-2008, 06:49 AM
If we had the full version would there be actual missions for a group to complete, or is it always one group vs another, go steal their flag?

L.J.
11-19-2008, 06:53 AM
You can find out who's on your team by pressing START. A list will pull up. I believe that pressing SELECT will expand the screen to a full map.

You can change the controls in the start menu if you don't like the way the plane flies.

Give it a couple of weeks and you guys are gonna be flying around like pros.

When we get a little better, we can form a team and take on 4 other guys. I like a 2 defend the base while 2 go after opposing flag strategy.

Also, if the voice doesn't work, you can send messages while in-game. Just hit the PS button while your playing, shoot a quick message and hit the PS button when your done.

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 06:58 AM
I couldn't figure out why Rich was so intent on killing me...I hoped by just standing in front of him and not destroying him he would figure it out. By the end of it he was manning the wheel of a jeep while I was shooting at LJ.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I though that you couldn't see me for some reason so I thought, heck, he's an easy target!

You're right flying fast is a bugger...I can go in a straight line, but dogfighting is a pipe dream at this point. Driving the tanks and jeeps isn't that hard though.
I couldn't figure out how to get my altitude up on any aircraft I got into.

I also got killed a few times running away while trying to select a stronger weapon than the standard pistol. The weapon selector's gonna take some getting used to.
Me too. A couple of times I was trying to select a rifle even when I only had the pistol. To change weapons I'd press the up arrow button on the left side twice in quick succession, but it took me half the game to figure that out.

If I read it right, those games can accomodate 16 vs 16 players. Wow that must get intense!
I'd be dead in seconds. :yikes:

I do like the idea of having something like "Team AR.com" vs. "Team AVS.com" death matches ya know? :cornut:

kexodusc
11-19-2008, 07:02 AM
If we had the full version would there be actual missions for a group to complete, or is it always one group vs another, go steal their flag?
No, there's no "missions" per se, but there's different maps, and game options (node control, death match, team deathmatch, and capture the flag) that keep it interesting.
Teaming up against other suckers could be fun.

GMichael
11-19-2008, 07:08 AM
:

I do like the idea of having something like "Team AR.com" vs. "Team AVS.com" death matches ya know? :cornut:

We'd get smoked!

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 07:12 AM
Only for a little while. :biggrin5:

kexodusc
11-19-2008, 07:14 AM
We'd get smoked!
Yeah, I'd rather pick up a few more amateur 28-50 year old casual gamers than walk into a hard core gamers minefield and be cannon-fodder for them.

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Just talking about last night's fun has me laughing. I can't imagine what my next door neighbor here at work is thinking right now. ===>:out:

L.J.
11-19-2008, 07:18 AM
I'm decent while flying in the air....It's the landing part I keep messing up on. I may have killed myself more from crashing into stuff than being killed by you guys.

So when Rich first logged in, I fly over to him, land my plane, jump out, walk over to him and just shoot him in the face. Hahahahahahha, I was laughing so hard.

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Yeah, how come my RPG shots didn't blow your tank up??? :mad2:

L.J.
11-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Hey guys, I put my list of PS3 games in my sig. If you guys end up with any of these games and it has online play, holla at ya boy. Oh boy, there's that "LA" talk Rich was referring to :idea:

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Hey guys, I put my list of PS3 games in my sig. If you guys end up with and of these games and it's online, holla at ya boy. Oh boy, there's that "LA" talk Rich was referring to :idea:

:idea: :idea: :idea:

kexodusc
11-19-2008, 09:24 AM
I just can't wait for you guys to get resistance. That game is wicked awesome....

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Will we be doing battle with them goons that I had to deal with in the demo, or is it another "spy vs. spy" deal like Warhawk? I like destroying monsters. :yesnod:

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 09:44 AM
So when Rich first logged in, I fly over to him, land my plane, jump out, walk over to him and just shoot him in the face. Hahahahahahha, I was laughing so hard.
And I'll bet your wife and kids were laughing just as hard.

See? I can have a positive influence even on people who live in Cali. :rolleyes:

L.J.
11-19-2008, 09:46 AM
I should get mine today.

I noticed they have the full Warhawk game with bluetooth headset going for 29.99 at Amazon. That's a good deal since I can barely find a stand alone headset for that price. Hmmm....

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 10:00 AM
I know nothing about Bluetooth headsets. Does it have a built-in mic?

kexodusc
11-19-2008, 10:10 AM
I know nothing about Bluetooth headsets. Does it have a built-in mic?
Yeah, mine's the mic/ear piece jobber. I bought mine with the game "Socom: Confrontation", which is suppose to be another good Navy Seals online only game. The game was onsale and it was cheaper than buying the headset seperately.

AFAIK Resistance allows you to pick between the humans or alien monster dudes, so you should be killing lots of them.
You'll probably find the controls and play a lot simpler to get a grasp of early though, and since it has a great single-player story mode, you can practice offline too.

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah, mine's the mic/ear piece jobber. I bought mine with the game "Socom: Confrontation", which is suppose to be another good Navy Seals online only game. The game was onsale and it was cheaper than buying the headset seperately.
The one pictured with Warhawk is a Jabra, or Jebra... is that the same as yours? How do you like it from a quality standpoint?

AFAIK Resistance allows you to pick between the humans or alien monster dudes, so you should be killing lots of them.
Good. I'd rather look at monsters instead of L.J. :eek:

You'll probably find the controls and play a lot simpler to get a grasp of early though, and since it has a great single-player story mode, you can practice offline too.
I had so much fun last night that I think my video game play urges have resurfaced. Playing over a 57" display doesn't hurt the cause either. And I also like the fact that so many good PS3 games are selling for less than the $50 - $60 price that I had seen earlier on when I purchased my PS3.

BTW, I received Get Smart on BD yesterday and I think a concert DVD I rented will be at my house tonite so I don't think I'll be on the game front again until tomorrow.

kexodusc
11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
The one pictured with Warhawk is a Jabra, or Jebra... is that the same as yours? How do you like it from a quality standpoint?

No, I got the official Sony PS3 headset, It's $50 or so by itself, and works with my cellphone, etc. Supposedly it's a slight step up in quality over the jabra. But that one will work too, and I doubt there's a huge difference. I wanted a standalone headset but they didn't have any at all other than the official PS3 one, which was about $2 more without a game. And to boot, I had just finished reading a glowing review of Socom after that updates fixed the server problems it had at launch, so I figured I'd get that. Haven't tried Socom yet though.

L.J.
11-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Warhawk comes with the Jabra headset. I think Kex got the official Sony headset that comes with Socom. I haven't even bothered reading reviews. Can't beat getting a game & headset for the same price of a stand alone headset.

I think Resistance is gonna play more realistically. A few shots and your dead. It's so funny that on Warhawk, I can be ripping you guys apart with a jet plane, while your on foot, and it still takes quit a few shots to kill you.

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Do y'all realize that this thread, which L.J. started only five days ago is already up to 123 posts? It can take months for some of the other threads to get to this size. I'm not sure what that says about the AR forums up to this point.

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Warhawk comes with the Jabra headset. I think Kex got the official Sony headset that comes with Socom. I haven't even bothered reading reviews. Can't beat getting a game & headset for the same price of a stand alone headset.
This is true. It's now on my Amazon.com wishlist. Gee,I sure hope my hot water heater doesn't bust a gut... my furnace doesn't go on the fritz... my windows don't start leaking... my roof doesn't collapse. :yikes:

I think Resistance is gonna play more realistically. A few shots and your dead. It's so funny that on Warhawk, I can be ripping you guys apart with a jet plane, while your on foot, and it still takes quit a few shots to kill you.
I don't recall if the difficulty mode can be set on the demo, but it's probably already set at some n00b level.

Notice how he brags about... "ripping you guys apart"? :mad5:

GMichael
11-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I was shooting the h.ll out of Kex while he was driving around in that jeep, but couldn't kill him. I gave up on the gun and went to missiles.

Who was it who tried to run me over with a jeep? All you got was air when I jumped.

kexodusc
11-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I was shooting the h.ll out of Kex while he was driving around in that jeep, but couldn't kill him. I gave up on the gun and went to missiles.

Who was it who tried to run me over with a jeep? All you got was air when I jumped.
My jeep was taking hits bad...I was getting ready to jump out and abandon it to go it on foot. If you fired the missiles instead of the less accurate rotary canons or whatever, I woulda been a goner for sure.

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 12:13 PM
I had a REALLY hard time aiming any weapon. I could never give the stick the right touch to get my gun on a target. Sometimes I'd just move my entire character from side to side to line up my gunsites.

Who was it who tried to run me over with a jeep? All you got was air when I jumped
It was probably me. Like I said, it took me forever just to get the dam thing to go forward!

GMichael
11-19-2008, 12:36 PM
My jeep was taking hits bad...I was getting ready to jump out and abandon it to go it on foot. If you fired the missiles instead of the less accurate rotary canons or whatever, I woulda been a goner for sure.

I was blasting the piss out of that jeep & couldn't believe that you wouldn't die! Like a fricking cock-a-roach I tell ya!:idea:

L.J.
11-19-2008, 02:17 PM
There are weapons, when using the jets, that work best for certain situations. The scattered ground mines or whatever there called drops little mines all over the area and covers a large ground area. This would be more effective than shooting missiles apparently :shocked:

The practice sessions teaches you about each weapon and how to use them.

One thing I haven't seen yet are the ground mines you can lay down when on foot. Those would come in handy for Mr.Kex trying to steal my flags and sneak away

GMichael
11-19-2008, 02:48 PM
There are weapons, when using the jets, that work best for certain situations. The scattered ground mines or whatever there called drops little mines all over the area and covers a large ground area. This would be more effective than shooting missiles apparently :shocked:

The practice sessions teaches you about each weapon and how to use them.

One thing I haven't seen yet are the ground mines you can lay down when on foot. Those would come in handy for Mr.Kex trying to steal my flags and sneak away

Do we select secondary weapons on the Hawk the same way as we select weapons on foot? (I keep forgetting that I can do that. Must have been too long sense I played R&C.

L.J.
11-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Do we select secondary weapons on the Hawk the same way as we select weapons on foot? (I keep forgetting that I can do that. Must have been too long sense I played R&C.

Yup....

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 03:20 PM
...Those would come in handy for Mr.Kex trying to steal my flags and sneak away
I kept seeing messages saying kex has dropped the flag. What's up with that butter fingers? :frown2:

L.J.
11-19-2008, 03:31 PM
I kept seeing messages saying kex has dropped the flag. What's up with that butter fingers? :frown2:

It means Kex managed to successfully steal one of our flag but I blew him away before he could return it to your base http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/animated/anim_08.gif

kexodusc
11-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Means kex's partner couldn't provide adequate cover while 2 freakin' enemy Warhawks were dropping lead on his jeep!!!

Rich-n-Texas
11-19-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm still in training. :yesnod:

Wits
11-19-2008, 09:17 PM
The new co-op zombie shooter coming out by Valve is supposed to be really awesome. I think it's only 4 players at a time though. :nonod: I think it's called Left 4 Dead or something like that.

Just FYI, these aren't the shuffling, slow-moving John Romero zombies many people think of when they hear the word zombie...these guys will chase you down and beat the living %I#!@ out of you before you realize what happened! :ihih: :)

kexodusc
11-20-2008, 04:34 AM
The new co-op zombie shooter coming out by Valve is supposed to be really awesome. I think it's only 4 players at a time though. :nonod: I think it's called Left 4 Dead or something like that.

Just FYI, these aren't the shuffling, slow-moving John Romero zombies many people think of when they hear the word zombie...these guys will chase you down and beat the living %I#!@ out of you before you realize what happened! :ihih: :)
Saw a bit for it on TV the other day. It looks pretty cool. Only so much time, and sooo many games. Might have to wait a bit on this one.

Rich-n-Texas
11-20-2008, 05:30 AM
I have resistance now. Didn't play it last night but here's a question: since GM is playing through the demo, will he still be able to join the game online? I assume he will, but will he have access to only one map and difficulty level as is the case now?

BTW, is tonite bowling night?

kexodusc
11-20-2008, 05:36 AM
I have resistance now. Didn't play it last night but here's a question: since GM is playing through the demo, will he still be able to join the game online? I assume he will, but will he have access to only one map and difficulty level as is the case now?

Good question? I never downloaded the demo and just bought the game. Only one way to find out.

As for bowling - yeah, I could make time to throw a few balls...before obliterfying someone with an RPG.

GMichael
11-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Bowling sounds good. I forgot to practice though. Went through more of the Warhawk training instead. Found out that my controller was set on motion sensor mode. THAT'S why I couldn't steer the dang thing! I have to move the controller around like in R&C while flying. Had a lot of trouble with the last part of flight school. About 6 or 7 drones fire missiles at you while you try to kill them. I had mega trouble trying to dodge and shoot at the same time. By time my weapons would lock onto them. BLAMO, I was dead. Drones 999: me 0. Was very frustrating. This is the training mode? How good are the expert 12 year olds on this thing? At least I had the sub turned way up so it would shake the whole house every time I got toasted.:ihih:

GMichael
11-20-2008, 06:43 AM

Guess I'll find out when I try.
Yeah, bowling is good. Uhg uhg.

kexodusc
11-20-2008, 06:51 AM
Bowling sounds good. I forgot to practice though. Went through more of the Warhawk training instead. Found out that my controller was set on motion sensor mode. THAT'S why I couldn't steer the dang thing! I have to move the controller around like in R&C while flying. Had a lot of trouble with the last part of flight school. About 6 or 7 drones fire missiles at you while you try to kill them. I had mega trouble trying to dodge and shoot at the same time. By time my weapons would lock onto them. BLAMO, I was dead. Drones 999: me 0. Was very frustrating. This is the training mode? How good are the expert 12 year olds on this thing? At least I had the sub turned way up so it would shake the whole house every time I got toasted.:ihih:

Don't feel bad...I found the flight training pretty hard too...had to do fast fly-by swoops to take out those drones 1 at a time with the machine guns. Locked on to whatever I could and barrel-rolled my ass out of there. Still got blown up a dozen times.

It was fun though.

I think flight represents only a portion of the game though so it shouldn't affect too much.
I also went into a room with 7 others. I don't think chat is enabled in the demo, but near as I can tell there were no pros in there and they weren't any better than us.

That could go on the Wishlist. $30 to download, but I suspect it's available 2nd hand for cheaper?

L.J.
11-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Cancel that, Resistance came today. Very decent find at 19.99.

L.J.
11-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Warhawk:
No voice or any type of in-game instant messaging. Well I didn't see any. I was screaming at the TV though "GM your on my team!!!" Voice would definitely come in handy with this type of game play.

If Rich gets the full Warhawk w/bluetooth(did you ever order it Rich?) the rest of you guys are gonna have to come around and grab it eventually. Maybe a used one can be found for 15 or so. We could form teams then and also play the other type of match ups.

GMichael
11-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Warhawk:
No voice or any type of in-game instant messaging. Well I didn't see any. I was screaming at the TV though "GM your on my team!!!" Voice would definitely come in handy with this type of game play.

If Rich gets the full Warhawk w/bluetooth(did you ever order it Rich?) the rest of you guys are gonna have to come around and grab it eventually. Maybe a used one can be found for 15 or so. We could form teams then and also play the other type of match ups.

I stopped shooting you once I noticed that you weren't firing back. I even let you take the closest plane that one time. Thought about shooting you and just taking it, but remembered that you hadn't shot at me yet.

kexodusc
11-20-2008, 02:34 PM
So Rich and LJ have Resistance now? Cool. We'll have to arrange a 3-way deathmatch.

Are we bowling tonight?

GMichael
11-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Don't say 3-way with 2 other guys unless you are JM, or one of "his people.":confused5:

Rich-n-Texas
11-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Warhawk:

Jeez L.J.! I haven't even played my copy of Resistance yet! :hand:

Warhawk is a multi-player only game, so it's not real high on my priority list right now. Ya know, you guys aren't letting me spend time on my room acoustics projects and I have to keep funds available for a BFD. :yesnod:

I'll d/l HV Bowling and get with y'all at about 8 pm my time. Kex is playing hockey until 10:30 GM time tonite IIRC, so I'm gonna throw a few practice games in the meantime.

kexodusc
11-20-2008, 03:14 PM

Warhawk is a multi-player only game, so it's not real high on my priority list right now. Ya know, you guys aren't letting me spend time on my room acoustics projects and I have to keep funds available for a BFD. :yesnod:

I'll d/l HV Bowling and get with y'all at about 8 pm my time. Kex is playing hockey until 10:30 GM time tonite IIRC, so I'm gonna throw a few practice games in the meantime.
No, hockey is tomorrow...and that's about 8:30 GM time...(EST) I'll be on figuring out how to bowl in about 45 minutes or so...

L.J.
11-20-2008, 03:31 PM

Well, my point was that Warhawk comes with a decent BT headset. $29.99 for a game and headset is a killer deal because you'll be paying about $30 for a standalone headset anyways. May as well get a free game with it :)

I looked this deal up and Amazon is the the only place selling the Warhawk/BT combo for $29.99. It goes for $49.99 everywhere else. You gotta jump on the deals while they're hot baby :ciappa:

kexodusc
11-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Well, my point was that Warhawk comes with a decent BT headset. $29.99 for a game and headset is a killer deal because you'll be paying about $30 for a standalone headset anyways. May as well get a free game with it :)

I looked this deal up and Amazon is the the only place selling the Warhawk/BT combo for $29.99. It goes for $49.99 everywhere else. You gotta jump on the deals while they're hot baby :ciappa:
The official PS3 is $40 on Amazon...getting one that works with a free game for $30 sounds sweet to me...

GMichael
11-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Had fun bowling last night. It's been awhile sense I tried that game. Things have changed a little. Had to download the new version before getting started. Too bad that it's only head to head. I was hoping we could all bowl together.

Rich-n-Texas
11-21-2008, 06:59 AM
Had fun bowling last night. It's been awhile sense I tried that game. Things have changed a little. Had to download the new version before getting started. Too bad that it's only head to head. I was hoping we could all bowl together.
You and Kex-o-rama?

Rich-n-Texas
11-21-2008, 07:07 AM
The official PS3 is $40 on Amazon...getting one that works with a free game for $30 sounds sweet to me...
The deal is done. Warhawk is on it's way. :yesnod: $36 bucks after tax and shipping (It's coming from Target via Amazon).

You guys are gonna break my bank!! :mad2:

L.J.
11-21-2008, 07:17 AM
I tried to challenge you guys but could never catch either of you between games. I played one online bowling game and switched over to playing Resistance with my bro. WOW, the online play for Resistance online is a huge difference from Warhawk. One headshot or canon blast and your dead. The graphics are sic and the arena we played in had a nice creepy feel to it. Very realistic. Some team death matches are gonna be so much fun.

I also joined in on a couple of huge Warhawk games. 10 vs 10 is a huge step up from the 2 on 2 games we were playing. Jets flying everywhere, missiles whizzing by every second, people creeping up from all sides.....I think I'm diggin' this online stuff.

Hopefully the next time we play Warhawk, we can all team up against another group and get a 4 vs 4 going.

If we grow tired of Warhawk, there are several other online demo options to go with.

kexodusc
11-21-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm up for 4 on 4 with Warhawk. Hmm, might have to buy it if Rich has it.

We should try Resistance too...Haven't played multiplayer yet. That game is cool though.

I've got a hockey game in an hour or so but I should be home around 8:30 EST, maybe a little cheery but, still eager to kill.

Oh...GM beat me at bowling like I owed him money . :(
Don't fall for the nice guy routine...he's a shark!

Wits
11-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Is that Resistance 2 you are talking about, kexodusc?

kexodusc
11-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Is that Resistance 2 you are talking about, kexodusc?
Nah, we're old, slow, and cheap here. Resistance 2 is down the road when us hacks figure out Resistance first.

Rich-n-Texas
11-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Nah, we're old, slow, and cheap here. Resistance 2 is down the road when us hacks figure out Resistance first.
:lol:

A page right out of my biography. :sad:

kexodusc
11-22-2008, 07:28 AM

A page right out of my biography. :sad:

I tried playing online last night...3 matches, I was killed about 30 times, and only made 4 kills or so.
The Ranked servers supposedly match you vs others similar in rank/ability, but I was playing 5 star generals each time and they turned me into the prison pretty-boy.

L.J.
11-22-2008, 07:57 AM
According to my bro, Resistance 2 is maybe best for a rental. He loves 1, but tells me 2, although being pretty good, is really short.

I played a 16 vs 16 on Warhawk again last night and it was crazy. I could barely fly across the area and not get blasted out of the sky.

Rich-n-Texas
11-22-2008, 08:16 AM
My copy of Warhawk shipped yesterday.

I get to pick the next game right? :ihih:.

L.J.
11-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Wow, I've been selected to help beta test HOME (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6194613/index.html). Did any of you guys get a email from playstation underground? I've been a member for years and I entered a HOME contest awhile back. To enter the contest, you simply needed to be an underground member and download the HOME wallpapaer from the PS store. I can't wait til this is released. It'll make online gaming easier. Maybe we can setup our own little virtual AR.com clubhouse or something. I'll let you guys know what I think about it.

BTW, my Warhawk shipped by I'm getting a 12/1 delivery date :arf:

Now the pressure is on Kex to pick it up :p

Rich-n-Texas
11-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Didn't get an invite L.J., but we'll tell you what we want added. You can pass it along to Sony. :ihih:

My Warhawk bundle gets delivered Dec. 3.

Last I checked, Kex was playing SOCOM.

Rich-n-Texas
11-23-2008, 04:58 PM
What's that make 'em, 1 and like 10? :lol:

kexodusc
11-24-2008, 04:36 AM
Yeah, I tried out that Socom game that came with the headset. Holy crap, that's a lot of fun. Way better than I expected. I put about 6 hrs into it yesterday which is the longest I've sat in front of a game since controllers only had A and B buttons.
Except, like most games, I seem to be the one who gets killed the most. I need some major work on my shooting accuracy.

Warhawk, huh? Any reason to buy the hard copy instead of downloading it?
There were some 2nd hand copies at the joint I bought Resistance at, so I'll head there this week and pick it up.

Did you guys get Resistnace yet? We gotta team up soon.

L.J.
11-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I tried out that Socom game that came with the headset. Holy crap, that's a lot of fun. Way better than I expected. I put about 6 hrs into it yesterday which is the longest I've sat in front of a game since controllers only had A and B buttons.
Except, like most games, I seem to be the one who gets killed the most. I need some major work on my shooting accuracy.

Warhawk, huh? Any reason to buy the hard copy instead of downloading it?
There were some 2nd hand copies at the joint I bought Resistance at, so I'll head there this week and pick it up.

Did you guys get Resistnace yet? We gotta team up soon.

The downloads going for what, $30? I'd go used or wait for Amazon to drop down to $20 again.

Yeah I got my Resistance. I played the first few levels and only tried the online once. One on one sucks though. The arena is huge and I had a heck of a time finding my bro. We need to join up and do team death match or have a huge every man for himself type game.

I'm looking forward to getting my mic though. Warhawk/Resistance would be so much better with some type of communication. The PS Eye would be ok if I were home alone but not cool with my kids around.

Socom huh??......Umm...Shouldn't you be practicing your bowling :p

kexodusc
11-24-2008, 08:50 AM
The downloads going for what, $30? I'd go used or wait for Amazon to drop down to $20 again.

Yeah I got my Resistance. I played the first few levels and only tried the online once. One on one sucks though. The arena is huge and I had a heck of a time finding my bro. We need to join up and do team death match or have a huge every man for himself type game.

I'm looking forward to getting my mic though. Warhawk/Resistance would be so much better with some type of communication. The PS Eye would be ok if I were home alone but not cool with my kids around.

Socom huh??......Umm...Shouldn't you be practicing your bowling :p
Oh, I'm getting better at that too..unlocked the gross old lady finally.

I'm game for a team deathmatch anyday. If you guys see me the PSN,just fire me a message and I'll be there shortly.

Resistance online can be really tough sometimes. A lot of people have been playing that for a longtime and are real studs now, which basically leaves a noob like me out to dry. I played one game and these 2 dudes took on a bunch of us noobs, camped in our spawns and took us out faster than I could figure out how.

Communication makes a big difference. Me and this one dude, teamed up in Resistance and had each other's back. That helped spread the concentration of fire and avoid a lot of quick deaths. Played against this one Clan too that just murdered everyone with their efficiency and cooperation.

L.J.
11-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Oh, I'm getting better at that too..unlocked the gross old lady finally.

I'm game for a team deathmatch anyday. If you guys see me the PSN,just fire me a message and I'll be there shortly.

Resistance online can be really tough sometimes. A lot of people have been playing that for a longtime and are real studs now, which basically leaves a noob like me out to dry. I played one game and these 2 dudes took on a bunch of us noobs, camped in our spawns and took us out faster than I could figure out how.

Communication makes a big difference. Me and this one dude, teamed up in Resistance and had each other's back. That helped spread the concentration of fire and avoid a lot of quick deaths. Played against this one Clan too that just murdered everyone with their efficiency and cooperation.

Actually, I thought you had me beat til I hit that last strike :biggrin5:

Hmm, maybe we should get some practice in. Efficiency & cooperation...With Rich on our team!? Were dead :rolleyes5:

kexodusc
11-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Actually, I thought you had me beat til I hit that last strike :biggrin5:

Hmm, maybe we should get some practice in. Efficiency & cooperation...With Rich on our team!? Were dead :rolleyes5:
We'll just send Rich up a head around all the bends first to draw the enemy's fire, then unload on them....

Rich-n-Texas
11-24-2008, 11:20 AM
:mad5:
Knuckleheads!!!

kexodusc
11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
:mad5:
Knuckleheads!!!
Hey, Rich, you gotta take one for the team, bro! And if you should happen to step in the way of a few rounds, well...that's not my fault..honest :ihih:

Rich-n-Texas
11-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I tried out bowling yesterday... Call me the Gutter King! Gonna need lotsa practice, and I think I'll back up and take the tutorial first.

Maybe a stupid question, but how am I supposed to know which server you guys are playing on, whether it's online bowling, Resistance or Warhawk? Can I search servers based on PSN ID's?

L.J.
11-24-2008, 01:07 PM
I tried out bowling yesterday... Call me the Gutter King! Gonna need lotsa practice, and I think I'll back up and take the tutorial first.

Maybe a stupid question, but how am I supposed to know which server you guys are playing on, whether it's online bowling, Resistance or Warhawk? Can I search servers based on PSN ID's?

Bowling & Resistance allows you to search out friends and invite them to a game on the spot. I'm not sure about the full version of Warhawk. Or like Kex said, if you see one of us online, just shoot a quick message.

L.J.
11-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Whaddaya know, my Warhawk with head set showed up today :biggrin5:

Rich-n-Texas
11-24-2008, 03:10 PM
L.J., Does the Warhawk server you set up last week still exist? Again, I'm a total n00b to online gaming so I'm not sure how that works. My copy hasn't shown up yet but when it does I'll be looking for it...

kexodusc
11-25-2008, 04:31 AM
LJ and I had a good round of Resistance. That game is crazy - and LJ set it up the right way, long rounds, and just a few of us running around killing each other to get the hang of it.

LJ, should have told me you had your headset - we coulda been on the same team and synched up our attack. From what I've seen, strength in numbers is the key. It draws the enemy fire and your buddies can pick off the dude shooting at you. When Rich gets his copy, we can can form a Trio and wreak havoc on'em.

I was doing pretty good until 2 guys entered the game with on your Team and double teamed the snot outta me.

Rich-n-Texas
11-25-2008, 06:36 AM
I have Resistance Kex. I played offline a bit the other day, but I've been doing some more tweaks to my system.

I gather you two have been playing during the evening, correct?

kexodusc
11-25-2008, 06:44 AM
I have Resistance Kex. I played offline a bit the other day, but I've been doing some more tweaks to my system.

I gather you two have been playing during the evening, correct?
Played last night for the better part of an hour. You'll have to join in next time.

We did a little deathmatch session, where I spent most of the time running around trying not to get shot, and blowing LJ up a few times. Yeah. Just found out you can run in that game. Haven't used that skill in single-player mode yet!
And don't worry about being behind skill wise, Rich. Now that I've seen LJ in action, I can give you a few tips. The trick to not getting shot by him is to stand right in front of him watch the bullets whizz by either side of your head. :ciappa:

Rich-n-Texas
11-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Yeah...

..The trick to not getting shot by him is to stand right in front of him watch the bullets whizz by either side of your head. :ciappa:

So I guess the trick here is to get up in his face before he gets up in mine right?

L.J.
11-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Played last night for the better part of an hour. You'll have to join in next time.

We did a little deathmatch session, where I spent most of the time running around trying not to get shot, and blowing LJ up a few times. Yeah. Just found out you can run in that game. Haven't used that skill in single-player mode yet!
And don't worry about being behind skill wise, Rich. Now that I've seen LJ in action, I can give you a few tips. The trick to not getting shot by him is to stand right in front of him watch the bullets whizz by either side of your head. :ciappa:

Yeah yeah, you were giving me a beat down. Blah, blah, blah :mad:

I thought I did a pretty good job toward the end. The primary Chimara(spl) weapon sucks. Decent at close range and for hiding around corners, since you can mark your target, but the distance sucks and the single more accurate shot isn't that accurate. The bullseye has a great single shot though. And the sniper rifle is my favorite so far. But I'm sure you figured that out already :ciappa:

The 4 on 4 was cool. I couldn't see having any fun with larger numbers. The arena is too small to have 16 vs 16 or something like that. Well, I know now that head shots are the way to go. I can't believe how many times a crept up on some one and fired from point blank range and I still ended up getting blasted. That sucks!!!!!

Kex, I had my mic on the whole time but couldn't hear any one talking. Do I have to select who I want to talk to or something? Same thing with Warhawk, it was either silence or the sound came in really bad. How has you mic experience been?

kexodusc
11-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Yeah yeah, you were giving me a beat down. Blah, blah, blah :mad:

I thought I did a pretty good job toward the end.
Beatdown's a bit strong. Think I was only averaging 3 kills for every 2 of yours.

The primary Chimara(spl) weapon sucks. Decent at close range and for hiding around corners, since you can mark your target, but the distance sucks and the single more accurate shot isn't that accurate. The bullseye has a great single shot though. And the sniper rifle is my favorite so far. But I'm sure you figured that out already :ciappa: The Bullseye is one of my favorite weapons for head-to-head online gaming. LJ, the trick is to use the Tag (L1) to tag your opponent, then hold down R1 and unload your whole clip on the guy - 99% of the bullets find their mark even when the guy runs out of your targeting reticle trying to dodge. Could be me, but it seems the shots unload a lot quicker too - you empty your ammo clip after you tag a target. Instant kill. If you're just sprayin' and prayin' with it like a machine gun, it's less accurate and less deadly.

I learned that from my first online round, trying to figure out why I was dying so much...the dudes kept Tagging me first.

The 4 on 4 was cool. I couldn't see having any fun with larger numbers. The arena is too small to have 16 vs 16 or something like that. Well, I know now that head shots are the way to go. I can't believe how many times a crept up on some one and fired from point blank range and I still ended up getting blasted. That sucks!!!!!
Yeah, the game is way more forgiving of close range shots than SOCOM - 1 shot, you die, no re-spawn half the time. Doing a 3 way death match, 2 on 2, 4 on 4, or even 8 vs 8 would be okay...more than that and it would get extremely hot.

Kex, I had my mic on the whole time but couldn't hear any one talking. Do I have to select who I want to talk to or something? Same thing with Warhawk, it was either silence or the sound came in really bad. How has you mic experience been?

I found a quick response to the Mic question when I tried getting mine to work the other day:
"In the options menu in the online menu, there should be an option to configure your headset, you must set the device. Then, you can use it. Also, you can either converse with your squad (tango, bravo, x-ray etc.) or talk globally. The players don't have to be a certain distance but they must be on the same team."

LJ, I had mine on too, and never heard a single peep - Guessing nobody on my team had one, or they set there's to their squad only (same team, different squads)...

Your mic only wires you into your teammates or squadmates, so when it was just us, we wouldn't be able to hear each other because we were enemies. If the guys that joined us had no mics, then we wouldn't hear them - they may have muted the mics, though.

Next time we play, let's try being on the same side, and coordinating our attack. We'll figure it out.

I use it for SOCOM every time - Had to configure it there too...if you don't you are cannon fodder in that game. That's becoming my favorite game really quick. Team up with a group of 8 or so, all various skill levels and hang out with the good players...When you are prowling the map looking for the enemy it's helpful for coordinating cover and strafe runs. When you run into the enemy and get a 4 vs 4 or 8 vs 8 engagement, trading shots with the enemy, all the explosions and action going on around you while your teammates are trying to cover you, guide you to safety, point out enemy fire, call for help, etc...that's a rush. It gets hot, fast. You can be a noob, suck pretty bad, and still have a ton of fun, and the kills you do get are extra sweet.

L.J.
11-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Have you figured out how to switch teams? I tried last night and couldn't figure it out. We also have to figure out how to join in on a match and be on the same team. Once I create a game and send you an invite, we'll be the first 2 to start and will be on opposite sides.

Hmmm....I'll have to try the mic thing. I was starting to think mine was broke. That's why i asked could you hear anything.

And where have you been Rich, get your butt online.

How's that bake sale coming along so you can get GM a copy?

kexodusc
11-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Have you figured out how to switch teams? I tried last night and couldn't figure it out. We also have to figure out how to join in on a match and be on the same team. Once I create a game and send you an invite, we'll be the first 2 to start and will be on opposite sides.

Hmmm....I'll have to try the mic thing. I was starting to think mine was broke. That's why i asked could you hear anything.

And where have you been Rich, get your butt online.

How's that bake sale coming along so you can get GM a copy?

At the lobby in the session you made, I was able to pick Human or Chimera and switched successfully. But I was the only one on a team so I went back to Human. Can't remember how but I just followed the on-screen instrutctions, had some button options listed up. During the game I dunno. Might be able to hit start or select to bring up some options. Never tried...

But create a game, take a side, and don't hit the ready option - you should be able to change to my team or me to yours.

L.J.
11-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Man some of the people online are idiots. The guy in the glitch thread was retarded. I'm getting the hang of it though. When we were in the big 20 vs 20 or something like that, I kept coming in 28, 29, 30 place. I eventually got the hang of it and worked my way up to 13, 14, 15. I still can't figure out how you kept finding me with so many players running everywhere. I get hit and the message says "killed by Kexodusc"......WHERE IS HE???? :lol:

Once we got to the smaller 8 vs 8 at the bus yard, I stayed in the top 5 or so the entire time. There's nothing like pushing your back into a nice safe corner and just pick people off one at a time.

Uh Rich, I see your avoiding this thread. I thought you were going online......You can't practice forever you know...You gotta just dive in there.

kexodusc
11-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Man some of the people online are idiots. The guy in the glitch thread was retarded. I'm getting the hang of it though. When we were in the big 20 vs 20 or something like that, I kept coming in 28, 29, 30 place. I eventually got the hang of it and worked my way up to 13, 14, 15. I still can't figure out how you kept finding me with so many players running everywhere. I get hit and the message says "killed by Kexodusc"......WHERE IS HE???? :lol:

Once we got to the smaller 8 vs 8 at the bus yard, I stayed in the top 5 or so the entire time. There's nothing like pushing your back into a nice safe corner and just pick people off one at a time.

Uh Rich, I see your avoiding this thread. I thought you were going online......You can't practice forever you know...You gotta just dive in there.

I took it really bad in the bus yard. The guy that kept winning knows where all the spawns are, so did another guy - and they kept rotating their shots to all of them from a hideout. There was one string where I respawned and instantly died 6 times before I could even move. If someone didn't kill him I would have been perma-stuck I think.

That kind of 1-hit spawn camping play ain't my thing. I like a more strategic effort myself, but it's good for target practice.

The 16 vs 16 rooftop match was ok for a bit. Sucks dying 15 times a round though.

The sniper rifle room sucked.

LJ - were you using your mic or your PS EYE thingy? I could hear what sounded like kids in the background, might need to turn the gain down a tad. In one of the rooms there must have been a glitch of sorts because we were on 1 channel but I was hearing about 8 people talk at once when only your name would light up. Couldn't make out much of what you were saying. Must have been the Resistance server.

There were some real morons online - a lot of Halo jumpers.

Rich buddy, where are ya?

L.J.
11-26-2008, 08:51 AM
I took it really bad in the bus yard. The guy that kept winning knows where all the spawns are, so did another guy - and they kept rotating their shots to all of them from a hideout. There was one string where I respawned and instantly died 6 times before I could even move. If someone didn't kill him I would have been perma-stuck I think.

That kind of 1-hit spawn camping play ain't my thing. I like a more strategic effort myself, but it's good for target practice.

The 16 vs 16 rooftop match was ok for a bit. Sucks dying 15 times a round though.

The sniper rifle room sucked.

LJ - were you using your mic or your PS EYE thingy? I could hear what sounded like kids in the background, might need to turn the gain down a tad. In one of the rooms there must have been a glitch of sorts because we were on 1 channel but I was hearing about 8 people talk at once when only your name would light up. Couldn't make out much of what you were saying. Must have been the Resistance server.

There were some real morons online - a lot of Halo jumpers.

Rich buddy, where are ya?

No I was using my mic. I had it turned all the way up because I thought the stupid thing was broke.

I agree that waiting at spawning points is kinda like a sucker punch, but isn't that the point of those one shot kills/unlimited ammo games where the first to x points wins?

When playing at the bus yard, I pretty much had to spin around shooting as soon as I spawned or I was toast. Hard to play strategic, when you can't even take one step without getting hit. Perhaps we should stay out of the "one shot kills/unlimited ammo" type games. If we could get Rich, GM, my bro and a couple more to play, we could set up a decent game that involved more skill rather than shooting at everything that moves. This is why I wanted to switch over to a smaller game. What we need is 4 vs 4 in a large location. Then we could hunt people down.

kexodusc
11-26-2008, 09:20 AM
No I was using my mic. I had it turned all the way up because I thought the stupid thing was broke.

I agree that waiting at spawning points is kinda like a sucker punch, but isn't that the point of those one shot kills/unlimited ammo games where the first to x points wins?

When playing at the bus yard, I pretty much had to spin around shooting as soon as I spawned or I was toast. Hard to play strategic, when you can't even take one step without getting hit. Perhaps we should stay out of the "one shot kills/unlimited ammo" type games. If we could get Rich, GM, my bro and a couple more to play, we could set up a decent game that involved more skill rather than shooting at everything that moves. This is why I wanted to switch over to a smaller game. What we need is 4 vs 4 in a large location. Then we could hunt people down.

Yeah, if we setup a 4 vs 4 people will join in eventually. Call it "noobs" or something like that and all the kill masters will pass on it. That'd be fun.

I like the big room, 1 hit kill matches once in awhile though. It's more fun when you get you skill level up higher though, just being cannon fodder to the pros is discouraging.

But man I hates me some spawn-campers.

Rich-n-Texas
11-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm missing all the fun! :frown5:

I'm trying to get some room treatments together and up on the walls, so I've been pretty much pre-occupied with this. I promised myself that I'd spend time on this project over my week off, and when I'm not working on that I've been tweaking my speakers settings...etc. I think I've found the sweet spot for my sub now, and the details in the music (concert DVD's) has improved.

I'll catch up with you guys eventually. BTW, I sent the both of you messages over the PSN.

kexodusc
11-26-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm missing all the fun! :frown5:

I'm trying to get some room treatments together and up on the walls, so I've been pretty much pre-occupied with this. I promised myself that I'd spend time on this project over my week off, and when I'm not working on that I've been tweaking my speakers settings...etc. I think I've found the sweet spot for my sub now, and the details in the music (concert DVD's) has improved.

I'll catch up with you guys eventually. BTW, I sent the both of you messages over the PSN.
Yeah, I still need to actually hang all my panels, I've just placed them against the walls on the floor...high enough to work, but they should be a bit higher...Been too busy on the PS3.

Rich-n-Texas
12-01-2008, 05:54 AM
2 panels up, 6 to go...

I finally got my copy of Warhawk last Friday; mic included and functioning after I set it up. I'm ready to play for those who care...

I'm still find myself having difficulty coordinating my thumbs on the sticks but it seems as though I do better when playing online. I'm having a real tough time of it when I play Resistance, but I struggle along.

L.J.
12-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Warhawk is going for 14.95 at Amazon.

GMichael
12-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Warhawk is going for 14.95 at Amazon.

Is Warhawk going to be the #1 game of choice for us? I may be able to swing one game.

L.J.
12-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Is Warhawk going to be the #1 game of choice for us? I may be able to swing one game.

No, if your gonna get just one, make it Resistance. Great story mode as well as online play.

On sale for 19.99 (http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-Fall-Man-playstation-3/dp/B000JLIXIG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1228155918&sr=8-1)

No pressure though.

GMichael
12-01-2008, 10:46 AM
No, pressure is the wife insisting on a $900 laptop for her birthday even though I've already spent $500 on her. After all, she did get me a $30 game for my birthday last August.

kexodusc
12-01-2008, 10:53 AM
I just finished Resistance story mode. Damn. I've played a ton of shooters in my day, but the last 4 levels of Resistance were probably the hardest I've ever played.

I'll probably get Warhawk this week just to have it - Resistance is a lot of fun too though.
Gonna have to hook up my Xbox 360, wife bought me Gears of War 1 and 2 for my bday...woo hoo.

Rich-n-Texas
12-01-2008, 11:10 AM
No, pressure is the wife insisting on a $900 laptop for her birthday even though I've already spent $500 on her. After all, she did get me a $30 game for my birthday last August.
I can probably get my hands on a laptop here at work. Gimme a ship-to address. I'll clean it up real good. She'll never know the difference. :sosp:

L.J.
12-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I just finished Resistance story mode. Damn. I've played a ton of shooters in my day, but the last 4 levels of Resistance were probably the hardest I've ever played.

I'll probably get Warhawk this week just to have it - Resistance is a lot of fun too though.
Gonna have to hook up my Xbox 360, wife bought me Gears of War 1 and 2 for my bday...woo hoo.

What level did you play on? Easy? Medium?

I'm at Cheese Gorge or the big discovery or whatever it's called. The part where you ride a jeep and jump out to open the gates up.

Rich-n-Texas
12-01-2008, 11:24 AM
...Gonna have to hook up my Xbox 360, wife bought me Gears of War 1 and 2 for my bday...woo hoo.
Bad wife. Bad bad bad. Shame shame shame. :nono:

GMichael
12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I can probably get my hands on a laptop here at work. Gimme a ship-to address. I'll clean it up real good. She'll never know the difference. :sosp:
We'll save you a cell.

kexodusc
12-01-2008, 01:27 PM
What level did you play on? Easy? Medium?

I'm at Cheese Gorge or the big discovery or whatever it's called. The part where you ride a jeep and jump out to open the gates up.
Medium...I never play easy cause I know my way around shooters.
The game does a great job of forcing you to learn which weapons to use in which situations.

My only mistake - I kept saving the Laark rocket launcher thingy for big bad spider monsters, I should have used it to take out clusters of enemies a lot more.
Didn't use grenades much until the last few levels cause I thought they'd be scarce (but weren't really).

Get good at peeking out of cover and snapping off 2 headshots with the sniper rifle before ducking again....

L.J.
12-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Medium...I never play easy cause I know my way around shooters.
The game does a great job of forcing you to learn which weapons to use in which situations.

My only mistake - I kept saving the Laark rocket launcher thingy for big bad spider monsters, I should have used it to take out clusters of enemies a lot more.
Didn't use grenades much until the last few levels cause I thought they'd be scarce (but weren't really).

Get good at peeking out of cover and snapping off 2 headshots with the sniper rifle before ducking again....

I'm on medium as well.

Spider monsters???

I was guilty of saving ammo in the very beginning but I unload everything when necessary now. I've found that you get plenty of supplies at almost every turn. Missiles & grenades don't come too often but I use 'em anyways. The M5A2 has been my favorite weapon so far, but yes, there is a time for every weapon.

kexodusc
12-01-2008, 02:27 PM
I like the Auger and the shotgun. The shotgun is really good in close range.

GMichael
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM
KILLERS! You are all a bunch of killers.

At least you aren't shooting yourself in the leg.

Oh, and save some of those monster spiders for FA. She'll luv ya 4it.

kexodusc
12-02-2008, 07:13 AM
Ok, so when's the next big match? Are we bowling or killing stuff?

Am I the only one that doesn't have Warhawk? Cause I'll get it if I am.

Rich-n-Texas
12-02-2008, 07:43 AM
We haven't tried playing Warhawk online where some people own the game and some are playing the demo, so I'd be interested to see if we actually can play it together. I haven't spent much time with HV Bowling but I will if we decide to play this week. Thursday seemed to work out for everybody for bowling except me due to the slow download time (that problem has been rectified).

BTW kex & L.J., when you setup your headset from within the PS3's Accessories Settings, what do you have your "Input Device..." and "Output Device..." set to?

GMichael
12-02-2008, 08:15 AM
I don't have the full Warhawk yet. It's in my basket though.:thumbsup:

L.J.
12-02-2008, 08:22 AM
I would get Resistance before Warhawk.

GMichael
12-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Both are resting quietly in my cart.

Rich-n-Texas
12-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Watch out GM. Those two are blowing through games like nobody's business! By the time we're up to speed with Resistance and Warhawk they'll be playing (and telling us to buy) SOCOM. :incazzato:

L.J.
12-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah you guys gotta catch up. We've played Resistance several times now. We even got the mic thing down. Perhaps we should do a few 2 vs 2 match ups to let you guys get a feel for it. Once you and GM can go toe to toe with me and Kex , we can try taking on another group of guys.

kexodusc
12-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Watch out GM. Those two are blowing through games like nobody's business! By the time we're up to speed with Resistance and Warhawk they'll be playing (and telling us to buy) SOCOM. :incazzato:
Nah, I'm not a big online player. I'll play with you guys, and I'm getting a bit brave at SOCOM, but that's about it.

SOCOM was circumstantial, it was cheaper for me to buy it than a stand alone headset. That won't happen again.

LJ and I had a pretty good round last week with brother in a 4 on 4 or 8 on 8 match against another team that wasn't much better than us. By the end of it we were using the headset to locate enemies and coordinate kills. That's the kind of pace I like. It's fun to work as a team.

Once you get past the initial learning curve, Resistance is fun. But Warhawk was fun too, so I'll make sure I grab that soon.

Rich-n-Texas
12-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Nah, I'm not a big online player. I'll play with you guys, and I'm getting a bit brave at SOCOM, but that's about it.
Yeah. Okay...

Ringer!!! :p

SOCOM was circumstantial, it was cheaper for me to buy it than a stand alone headset. That won't happen again.

LJ and I had a pretty good round last week with brother in a 4 on 4 or 8 on 8 match against another team that wasn't much better than us. By the end of it we were using the headset to locate enemies and coordinate kills. That's the kind of pace I like. It's fun to work as a team.

Once you get past the initial learning curve, Resistance is fun. But Warhawk was fun too, so I'll make sure I grab that soon.
It was fun reading yours and L.J.'s posts about last week's gaming.

Yeah you guys gotta catch up. We've played Resistance several times now. We even got the mic thing down. Perhaps we should do a few 2 vs 2 match ups to let you guys get a feel for it. Once you and GM can go toe to toe with me and Kex , we can try taking on another group of guys.
This sounds like a good idea! Has anyone figured out how you select which team you're going to be on?

GMichael
12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah. Okay...

It was fun reading yours and L.J.'s posts about last week's gaming.

This sounds like a good idea! Has anyone figured out how you select which team you're going to be on?

I'm guessing LJ knows. I just don't shoot and the guy who doesn't shoot back.

I do have the BT synced, so I'll be able to talk now.
The laughter you will hear will be wifey busting my chops.

Rich-n-Texas
12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
I think you can alter your voice in the PS3's Setup. Do you guys do that? :sosp:

GMichael
12-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I saw that option. Maybe I'll try it. What does it do to the voices?

Rich-n-Texas
12-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Gives your voice a higher or lower pitch. I just thought of something funny... We should set our voices to the highest pitch; we'll sound like we've been huffing helium and our enemies will laugh so hard they won't know what hit them.

L.J.
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Alter voices: No I don't do it.

Change Teams: Yes, I know how to do it. We even got the mic thing figured out. Resistance has it's own buddy list so you can add people, see what they're doing, send messages or invite them to a game. If Kex is playing online, i can simply go to my buddy list, find his name and click join. Easy stuff once you get use to it.

GM, I have an audience when I play as well. My whole family is saying "there's that Kex dude" now.

I think the best games are small groups playing in a large arena with no radar. You gotta hunt the people down, stay in groups and coordinate attacks. It's pretty fun.

kexodusc
12-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Alter voices: No I don't do it.

Change Teams: Yes, I know how to do it. We even got the mic thing figured out. Resistance has it's own buddy list so you can add people, see what they're doing, send messages or invite them to a game. If Kex is playing online, i can simply go to my buddy list, find his name and click join. Easy stuff once you get use to it.

GM, I have an audience when I play as well. My whole family is saying "there's that Kex dude" now.

I think the best games are small groups playing in a large arena with no radar. You gotta hunt the people down, stay in groups and coordinate attacks. It's pretty fun.

Yeah, what LJ said. 16 or fewer people otherwise it gets to be sensory overload.

I didn't know we could alter our voices! I don't do it either. My voice melts the heart of women the world over, why would I want to change that? :10:

kexodusc
12-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah. Okay...

I said I've played a ton of shooters. Didn't say I played them well...

kexodusc
12-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Oh, something I've run into a few times now that I see being a problem...if you're yelling at me on the mic, just call me Kex or Kexo or whatever - think you guys all know my real name too. Some dudes try pronouncing the whole thing, which isn't really a name or word at all, and by the time they're done struggling to spit it out intelligibly, the guy they were trying to warn me about already put a bullet a bullet in my left eyeball.

Rich-n-Texas
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
...My voice melts the heart of women the world over, why would I want to change that? :10:
Yeah, mine does too. Gets to be a hassle after a while though. :nonod:

GMichael
12-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Hey Kexaduh, Kegado, Keximnu, Kexmydrool, uh....

Hey Dead guy,

Watch out for the guy behind the tree. Too late huh?

Beuwahahahahahahahaha......

GMichael
12-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah, mine does too. Gets to be a hassle after a while though. :nonod:

Poor guy. So many women. So little time.:thumbsup:

Rich-n-Texas
12-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Hey Kexaduh, Kegado, Keximnu, Kexmydrool, uh....

Hey Dead guy,

Watch out for the guy behind the tree. Too late huh?

Beuwahahahahahahahaha......
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.. ha
That was some funny sh!t GM :lol:

Although I think Will Smith already said that. :sosp:

Rich-n-Texas
12-08-2008, 12:10 PM
So why no activity in this thread? :idea:

:smilewinkgrin:

kexodusc
12-08-2008, 12:21 PM
I dunno, but it was a busy week for me.

Who's up for a little Resistance battle sometime this week? Or do I have to go buy Warhawk?

Rich-n-Texas
12-08-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm up for some Resistance battles this week.

I think L.J.'s mad at me for not doing any gaming last week. :sad:

L.J.
12-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Geez I'm gone for a bit and this once hot thread has gone cold.

Any of you guys try HOME yet? It's under the playstation network icon on the XMB, right above the playstation store link.

I wrote my thoughts on it in the other PS3 thread. It has pool tables and bowling if anyone wants to meet there and try it out, let me know.

Rich, lot's of cute girl avatars walking around :rolleyes5:

kexodusc
12-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah, I downloaded the other night, but we've been catching up on movie rentals that are overdue so the PS3's been on BluRay duty the last few nights.

I'll have more time tonight and the next few weeks for gaming.

Rich-n-Texas
12-19-2008, 08:03 AM
I've also been watching Blu-ray movies recently, most notably "The Dark Night". I've got some other rentals coming from Blockbuster as well, but no big deal. Ya know I haven't even plugged in my Warhawk game, but I did get the mic set up properly.

"Home" is still in beta isn't it?

L.J.
12-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Yeah it's open beta version. I got in the closed beta a while ago so I've been hanging around for a few months now. You run into the occasional idiot or two but I like shooting pool in the bowling alley. Interesting talking to people from all over.

We should hook up and have a shoot out or bowling tournament or something.

Auricauricle
12-19-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm still workin' my Pong, man. This PS3 stuff is way too advanced fer me!

Rich-n-Texas
12-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Yeah it's open beta version. I got in the closed beta a while ago so I've been hanging around for a few months now. You run into the occasional idiot or two but I like shooting pool in the bowling alley. Interesting talking to people from all over.

We should hook up and have a shoot out or bowling tournament or something.
Sounds great! I'll finally be able to kick GM's butt while shooting pool! :thumbsup:

(Notice that I didn't say... I'll finally be able to kick GM's butt on the pool table cause I just KNOW he'd turn it into perversion :rolleyes: )

Rich-n-Texas
12-19-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm still workin' my Pong, man. This PS3 stuff is way too advanced fer me!
:nonod:

Get with the times knucklehead!!!

kexodusc
12-19-2008, 09:33 AM
We can play pool on Home? Cool...I'll have to keep an eye out for you guys.

L.J.
12-19-2008, 09:52 AM
We can play pool on Home? Cool...I'll have to keep an eye out for you guys.

when in home, hit start and go down to friends. a list will pull up of friends and a little home symbol means they're online somewhere in home. click "go to" and it will take you to the same room they're in.

or a group of people can meet at someones personal space and all go from there. you can even launch games from within home if we all decided to play resistance or something. kinda cool but i'm waiting for the big screen tv & stereo systems to be released. I've unlocked clothing and old school arcade games from playing various games. everything was free for us closed beta testers but you guys have to pay. I can't believe people are paying money for virtual clothing and furniture.

but I guess rich gotta be looking smooth for the ladies(cough...dudes with female avatars)

BTW, I was over on the japan version of home and it's nice. really nice compared to us version.

Rich-n-Texas
12-19-2008, 11:01 AM
I's gonna smoke yo azz! :ihih:

Auricauricle
12-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Get with the times knucklehead!!!

Feelin' like a frawg, Cowpie?

L.J.
12-19-2008, 11:25 AM
I've logged some serious hours on Resistance and I don't think you'll have chance Rich. I have improved dramatically since last time I played with Kex and my bro. The stats don't lie brotha.......hmm....should i be proud of that, i need to get a life :Yawn:

Rich-n-Texas
12-19-2008, 11:38 AM
I'll check your trophy count when I get home. :rolleyes:

kexodusc
12-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah ok. New Ar.com game then...LJ's been trainin'....

Rich-n-Texas
12-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Never again will I stand by idly while L.J. just walks up and shoots me point blank in the face. Never again. No sir! :incazzato:

DetroitIrish
12-19-2008, 01:29 PM
dammit get confrontation LOL
I have the first Resistence, but that, and COD4 currently complete my PS3 game Library, thinking about LBP though

kexodusc
12-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I have the first Resistence, but that, and COD4 currently complete my PS3 game Library, thinking about LBP though
We have LBP....at first I thought it was a little to dull in terms of play (the artistry and character control is amazing)...but there's some damn fun, tough levels. We play it a few times every week (wife and I). If you have kids, it'll be a hit!!! Lots of fun.

Auricauricle
12-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Anybody have a quarter on 'em?

Rich-n-Texas
12-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah why?

Auricauricle
12-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hhhhhhhhhhhhhh!... C'mere funny man! :shocked:

L.J.
12-19-2008, 06:09 PM

if your down for some resistance hit me up. i'm currently playing that right now. i'm nearing the very end of story mode and play online regularly.

anybody else can check my sig for my games and if you have the same thing, hit me up

Rich-n-Texas
12-23-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm unable to establish a connection. I've installed the beta release; the HDD space gets reserved properly, the "WWW" icon appears in the upper right corner, I agree to the "Usage policy" and then I get the error:

Server error.
Session has timed out or does not exists.
: -603

Nice. I guess I'll be working this issue for a while so don't burn my house down before I get there okay? :nono: