Anti Obama?
Anti Mame?

Swish
11-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Anti what?
Anti War?
Anti Obama?
Anti Mame?

One of our favorite labels, ANTI, is giving away a free download of a sampling of their artists. Given the fact that a couple of these artist are coming to the Louisville area in the near future, this would be a good chance to get introduced to the bands. The download is available at HERE. The artists included in the download are…

Bettye Lavette
Billy Bragg
Bob Mould
Cadence Weapon
Devotchka (Southgate House, May 22)
Ersi Arvizu
Galactic (Headliner’s, April 15)
Joe Henry
Islands
Lyrics Born
Man Man (Headliner’s, March 20)
Michael Franti
Nick Cave
Tim Fite
The Weakerthans (Mad Hatter, March 28)

Hyfi
11-13-2008, 05:47 PM
One of our favorite labels, ANTI, is giving away a free download of a sampling of their artists. Given the fact that a couple of these artist are coming to the Louisville area in the near future, this would be a good chance to get introduced to the bands. The download is available at HERE. The artists included in the download are…

Bettye Lavette
Billy Bragg
Bob Mould
Cadence Weapon
Ersi Arvizu
Joe Henry
Islands
Lyrics Born
Michael Franti
Nick Cave
Tim Fite

Thanks for the info Swish. Sorry, that was for Finch. I did click the link and poked around.

ForeverAutumn
11-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Anti what?
Anti War?
Anti Obama?
Anti Mame?

I thought it was anti samplers and was wondering what Finchy had against samplers. :frown2:

Hyfi
11-14-2008, 09:41 AM

Bettye Lavette
Billy Bragg
Bob Mould
Cadence Weapon
Ersi Arvizu
Joe Henry
Islands
Lyrics Born
Michael Franti
Nick Cave
Tim Fite

OK, so I took a chance. I downloaded it and burned it to disk. I played it on my way to work this morning. I was unable to listen to most tracks all the way through.

Track 2 has some interesting music but the guy won't shut up.
Cadence Weapon has some very interesting words and rhymes.
Islands was pretty interesting with some good music in the back.

Other than that, it was a waste of a good blank cdr for me. I try but this kind of stuff just does not float my boat. I was never a "Singer Songwriter" fan anyway, I would much rather they shut up and play some good music.

Oh well, back to Jazz-Fusion-Classic Rock for me!

Hyfi
11-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I thought it was anti samplers and was wondering what Finchy had against samplers. :frown2:

Did anyone get the reference to "Auntie Mame"? What a great movie. It was just on last month for the millionth time.

Finch Platte
11-14-2008, 11:49 AM
OK, so I took a chance. I downloaded it and burned it to disk. I played it on my way to work this morning. I was unable to listen to most tracks all the way through.

Track 2 has some interesting music but the guy won't shut up.
Cadence Weapon has some very interesting words and rhymes.
Islands was pretty interesting with some good music in the back.

Other than that, it was a waste of a good blank cdr for me. I try but this kind of stuff just does not float my boat. I was never a "Singer Songwriter" fan anyway, I would much rather they shut up and play some good music.

Oh well, back to Jazz-Fusion-Classic Rock for me!

Jesus, what's wrong with you people?? Free music is GOOD music, so suck up that expensive CDr cost and force yourself to listen to the damn thing!!! :mad2:

What a bunch of crybabies!! :cryin: :sad: :cryin:

:ciappa:

fp <------------- hasn't listened to it yet, so thanks for the review. :D

Swish
11-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Jesus, what's wrong with you people?? Free music is GOOD music, so suck up that expensive CDr cost and force yourself to listen to the damn thing!!! :mad2:

What a bunch of crybabies!! :cryin: :sad: :cryin:

:ciappa:

fp <------------- hasn't listened to it yet, so thanks for the review. :D

He still listens to classic rock for crissakes! :3:

Swish - loaded the sucker and getting ready to burn

Finch Platte
11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
He still listens to classic rock for crissakes! :3:

Swish

Ewwwww. Worst Music Evar. :lol: