Acoustat Spectra 66 or 6600 WTB [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Acoustat Spectra 66 or 6600 WTB

gnwt
11-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi there

I have been along time fan of Acoustats and am searching for my ultimate and last speaker purchase..a pr of acoustat 66 or 6600 probably will require shipment , I have been looking for a few years now without any success.

I have a pr of 1+1's and Spectra 4400's for my HT with a pair of Spectra 3's in my dedicated listening room but would like to complete my listening experience with the 66 or 6600's.

I listened to a pair in 1992 but they were outside my price range..now I can afford them..none to be found..

I have found the acoustats to be the best speakers that I like to listen to and are extremely musical and alluring. Anyone else agree with me on the sounds of the acoustat..few speakers in the under $5000 can compete the sound

MrAcoustat
01-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Hi gnwt my name is André Sévigny ( MrAcoustat ) i have been with Acoustat's for more than 25 years you can see my modest system by googling ACOUSTAT FOREVER SYSTEM i now live in a condo so i own a modified pair of 1+1s my friend Jocelyn build them from scratch he owns model 6s in a metal frame covered with mahogany wood just like mine except three times the size and they weigh 600 pounds each he is now building a pair of spectra66s if you wish i will give you is e-mail address if you want he as been with Acoustat's for more than 30 years and his in contact with guys in the USA that use to work for Acoustat's also Ed Meitner from EM LABS he also knows a lot about Acoustats i will try to put a picture of is panels hope it works out

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/MrAcoustat/Acoustat6photo02-1.jpg

Pow
04-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey gnwt,

How are things in Red Deer?
Use to live in Fernie, but made the move to Summerland.
I see you have a few pair of Acoustats. Would you like to sell Spectra 4400's?

Feel free to give me a ring.

Bill
250-494-3001

Pow
04-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey gnwt,

How are things in Red Deer?
Use to live in Fernie, but made the move to Summerland.
I see you have a few pair of Acoustats. Would you like to sell Spectra 4400's?

Feel free to give me a ring.

Bill
250-494-3001

blackraven
04-29-2009, 08:31 PM
I'll take a pair of those!

JoeE SP9
04-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Acoustats have been my speakers of choice since 1983. The only things I like better cost enormous amounts of money.

gnwt
05-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi there from Red Deer, AB ..spring has finally spung in this part of the Country..I really do enjoy my Acoustats..and don't see myself selling any at this point...unless someone had a pair of 6600's and wanted to downsize to a pair of 4400's ..then I may consider a trade..all my Acoustats are actively in use..the 4400's and 1+1's in my living room and a pair of Spectra 3300's in my family room..but I'll keep your numbers just in case..one never knows what life has in store for any of us..I am even debating if to buy another pr of 4400's should the 6600's not become available..I have owned Acoustats since the late 1970's..have traded them at various points trying to find my audio nirvana..but always come back to the acoustat home..one might say that they are addictive..

Gary

JoeE SP9
05-05-2009, 03:56 PM
I agree with you about them being addictive.

MrAcoustat
06-13-2009, 08:58 PM
I agree with you about them being addictive.

Yes Joe very very addictive 25 years and still enjoying mine Acoustat Forever

E-Stat
06-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Yes Joe very very addictive 25 years and still enjoying mine.I enjoyed various models from the X to the Monitor 4 to 2+2s for twenty-eight years before migrating to Sound Labs.

rw

JoeE SP9
06-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, but they're still ESL's.
Long live Dupont for inventing Mylar!!!!

MrAcoustat
09-12-2009, 08:55 PM
I enjoyed various models from the X to the Monitor 4 to 2+2s for twenty-eight years before migrating to Sound Labs.

rw

I agre BUT not the same kind of $$$$$$$$$$ the big Soundlabs also NOT the same reliability Acoustat,s are almost bullet proof come to think of it once read an article of a panel with a bullet hole that still played music amazing no.

JoeE SP9
09-14-2009, 04:56 PM
I called the factory when Acoustat was in Florida. The receptionist when asked "what happens with a panel fails" replied, "in the last 2years I've been working here we have never had a reported panel failure".

I'm kind of looking for some Spectra 44's or 4400's.

E-Stat
09-14-2009, 05:33 PM
The receptionist when asked "what happens with a panel fails" replied, "in the last 2years I've been working here we have never had a reported panel failure".
After twenty four years, however, one of my panels started arcing. The ticking became quite annoying. I did everything I knew to address the issue. By that time, there was no factory support. There was no factory. The panels are quite reliable and will work to a point - after which you must try to find a donor speaker in which to find a functional panel.

I found a far more accurate answer with the Sound Lab product. If you like Acoustats (and I did for nearly thirty years), then you will love Sound Labs. The tonal signature of the Acoustat panels is absent. No longer will you have to keep your head in a vise. If you should have any problems, there remains a company (after thirty years) to support your product.

rw

JoeE SP9
09-15-2009, 07:38 PM
I am accepting contributions for my "Sound Labs" fund. I'm not proud.:biggrin5:

MrAcoustat
03-15-2010, 08:20 PM
I enjoyed various models from the X to the Monitor 4 to 2+2s for twenty-eight years before migrating to Sound Labs.

rw

Yes, but for much more money, dollar for dollar, Acoustat's are pretty hard to beat, no i would say they are unbeatable.

MrAcoustat
03-30-2010, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=MrAcoustat]Hi gnwt my name is André Sévigny ( MrAcoustat ) i have been with Acoustat's for more than 25 years you can see my modest system by googling ACOUSTAT FOREVER SYSTEM i now live in a condo so i own a modified pair of 1+1s my friend Jocelyn build them from scratch he owns model 6s in a metal frame covered with mahogany wood just like mine except three times the size and they weigh 600 pounds each he is now building a pair of spectra66s if you wish i will give you is e-mail address if you want he as been with Acoustat's for more than 30 years and his in contact with guys in the USA that use to work for Acoustat's also Ed Meitner from EM LABS he also knows a lot about Acoustats i will try to put a picture of is panels hope it works out

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk7/MrAcoustat/SystmeJocelyn.jpg