Hey Yo, Sugar Beats... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Yo, Sugar Beats...

bobsticks
11-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Why dun't you stop lurkin' and say somethin'?

They let ya listen to music out there in them hills, eh? At least make nice with Autumn, she doesn't bite...

They have another name for "lurker" don't they?

Peace

---sticks

Sugar Beats
11-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey, I was just checking things out. There's no problem in that. By the way, if I do make nice and become friends with Autumn, I'll make sure she knows that we go waaaay back.... And there might be some "dirt" there that I can share. :wink5:

bobsticks
11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Hey, I was just checking things out. There's no problem in that. By the way, if I do make nice and become friends with Autumn, I'll make sure she knows that we go waaaay back.... And there might be some "dirt" there that I can share. :wink5:

Aha!! J'accuse mon petite cupcake...I knew you couldn't lurk forever.

I would imagine that, following the things to which I've already alluded on these here forums, none from these parts would have any problem believing that the truth was far worse.

I checked out that second playlist...the "indie" one...meh. Stick around a hot minute and some of these characters will hip you to some truly fantastic tunes.

Peace

3-LockBox
11-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Do we know this Sugar Beats? I mean...its a chick, right?

no?

ForeverAutumn
11-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Dirt? There's no dirt on me! I'm as clean as they come, baby.

And just how far back do we go? 'Cause all them "aaaaa"s are making me sound old.

bobsticks
11-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Dirt? There's no dirt on me! I'm as clean as they come, baby.

And just how far back do we go? 'Cause all them "aaaaa"s are making me sound old.

um, I think she meant dirty, nasty me not pure-as-the-driven-snow you, Fall Girl.

ForeverAutumn
11-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Oh. Well then, do tell. :)

bobsticks
11-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh. Well then, do tell. :)

Maybe not so much.

Look, Mike Modano...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/hockeynight/2008111108

Rich-n-Texas
11-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Why does this thread read like soooo much swish?

Swish
11-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Why does this thread read like soooo much swish?

Try again.

Swish - not into games here

Hyfi
11-12-2008, 06:13 AM
Maybe someone will recognize the picture in the profile if it's not fake. Nice red hair!

Sugar Beats
11-12-2008, 06:39 AM
What a welcome! First of all, the picture, as bobsticks can attest to, is not fake! :cryin: I just changed my hair from very dark to the red. I'm still getting used to it myself....

:smilewinkgrin: I have known sticks for 20+ years! We went to high school prom together, and if you want to see what his hair looked like back then, well I can arrange that!

Also Autumn, I wasn't referring to dirt on you at all. Sticks thinks your really cool and that we would hit it off. I was saying after all this time, I think I could scrounge up some dirt on him! Hee hee :p

ForeverAutumn
11-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Sorry for the misunderstaning. Those misplaced participles get me every time. I was wondering who the heck you could be that goes waaaay back with me. :blush2:

So you're an old friend of Sticks are you? Well that automatically makes you crazy enough so that you should fit right in here. :thumbsup:

Welcome to AR. Nice to have another woman around the place.

Now comes the obligatory question 'round these parts...What kind of music do you listen to?

Sugar Beats
11-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Well, it's a good ?. I'm not as much into music as I used to be, I had a baby last year and he is 20 months old now. So there is alot of Baby Mozart, Disney, & ABC singalongs playing in the background at the moment. (I had a really large gap between him and my 3 next older children. It's almost 7 years, so the baby thing is brand new, all over again!)

My most fav genre is what I grew up on (w/ sticks in high school) and it's never really faded, hard rock & speed Metal. I love old school Metallica! What can I say? It stuck!
It's funny cause my little guy actually seems to like them too! I don't think I've ever seen such a little kid move so fast, his dancing is hilarious. :smilewinkgrin:
I also like the Killers, Foo Fighters, Stanid, Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, Police, U2, Bon Jovi (hey at least he's still around today) Let's see, I do like Johnny Cash and Garbage and crazy stuff like Sisters of Mercy & Crystal Method and I adore old Cure and the Clash! I have been known to also enjoy dance and pop! I think Rihanna would have to be one of my favorite new artists in that genre and I like Timbaland, Kayne and Neo as well.

What about you?

I feel like I'm not real "hip" into alot of new artists w/ being home with my baby these days. Any suggestions? I would love to check out some new tunes!

I look forward to getting to know you better! By the way, I think I saw some older pictures of your kitchen re-do? Is it finished? It looked really nice. Plus I totally understand the dealing w/ hubby when he has an opinion! I used to do interior decorating and was always surprised how many times I had to run my selections by "hubby!" I never knew so many guys were into that! So I get it.

Hyfi
11-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Well, it's a good ?. I'm not as much into music as I used to be, I had a baby last year and he is 20 months old now. So there is alot of Baby Mozart, Disney, & ABC singalongs playing in the background at the moment. (I had a really large gap between him and my 3 next older children. It's almost 7 years, so the baby thing is brand new, all over again!)

My most fav genre is what I grew up on (w/ sticks in high school) and it's never really faded, hard rock & speed Metal. I love old school Metallica! What can I say? It stuck!
It's funny cause my little guy actually seems to like them too! I don't think I've ever seen such a little kid move so fast, his dancing is hilarious. :smilewinkgrin:
I also like the Killers, Foo Fighters, Stanid, Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, Police, U2, Bon Jovi (hey at least he's still around today) Let's see, I do like Johnny Cash and Garbage and crazy stuff like Sisters of Mercy & Crystal Method and I adore old Cure and the Clash! I have been known to also enjoy dance and pop! I think Rihanna would have to be one of my favorite new artists in that genre and I like Timbaland, Kayne and Neo as well.

What about you?

I feel like I'm not real "hip" into alot of new artists w/ being home with my baby these days. Any suggestions? I would love to check out some new tunes!

I look forward to getting to know you better! By the way, I think I saw some older pictures of your kitchen re-do? Is it finished? It looked really nice. Plus I totally understand the dealing w/ hubby when he has an opinion! I used to do interior decorating and was always surprised how many times I had to run my selections by "hubby!" I never knew so many guys were into that! So I get it.

Welcome! Any friend of Stix is surely welcome here. Doesn't look like we have much the same taste in music but that is pretty much the same with everyone here. If you ever venture into jazz/fusion, hit me up for comps.

Stick around and have fun!

ForeverAutumn
11-12-2008, 07:50 AM

Hmmm. Sticks is obviously older than I thought he was. Either that or you had to hire a baby sitter in order to go to the prom.

kexodusc
11-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Welcome to Ar.com Sugar Beats...any friend of Bobby Styxx has good credit here ...which means we lower the post count from 100 to 2 before we start making fun of you :)

Sugar Beats
11-12-2008, 10:33 AM
He's too young at heart and always will be. But he is a ripe old 38 today. I'm sure he won't mind me telling you that. I'm 37 next week. Our 20 year reunion is upcoming in July and I have been trying to convice sticks to go but...what can I say?

once a loner, always a loner. I don't think he'll do it. Unlike him, I was the busy Ms. social butterfly! I'm sure ya'll will find that out soon. But I wasn't a cheerleader or anything like that.

It was I and I alone that pushed myself on sticks in high school to forge our friendship! He was quite a guitar player back then, that and I wanted to copy his English papers! Just kidding, but he was a straight "A" student as well! I was really in it for his talent w/ the riffs, he used to serenade me on the phone...good memories.

I guess I had my older kids fairly young, but not too young. I was 24, 26 & 28 then had Jack at 35. It was a hell alot easier to do the baby stuff in my 20's then now! I'll tell you that much! I love it, just have been out of the loop so to speak.

What kind of music do you like to listen to Autumn?

kexodusc
11-12-2008, 11:12 AM
He's too young at heart and always will be. But he is a ripe old 38 today. I'm sure he won't mind me telling you that. I'm 37 next week. Our 20 year reunion is upcoming in July and I have been trying to convice sticks to go but...what can I say?

once a loner, always a loner. I don't think he'll do it. Unlike him, I was the busy Ms. social butterfly! I'm sure ya'll will find that out soon. But I wasn't a cheerleader or anything like that.

It was I and I alone that pushed myself on sticks in high school to forge our friendship! He was quite a guitar player back then, that and I wanted to copy his English papers! Just kidding, but he was a straight "A" student as well! I was really in it for his talent w/ the riffs, he used to serenade me on the phone...good memories.

I guess I had my older kids fairly young, but not too young. I was 24, 26 & 28 then had Jack at 35. It was a hell alot easier to do the baby stuff in my 20's then now! I'll tell you that much! I love it, just have been out of the loop so to speak.

Feel free to post any pics of bobsticks with bad ass mullets and/or way too cool acid wash jeans...pleaaase... mwa ha ha ha...
:biggrin5:

Auricauricle
11-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Staeb ssim ned eht ot emoclew!

Hope you like it here; look forward to your posts. BTW: I saw the square dancin' bit on the profile. Do you hearken from Appalachian climes?

bobsticks
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Hmmm. Sticks is obviously older than I thought he was. Either that or you had to hire a baby sitter in order to go to the prom.

Ja. While I'm officially old today one can't claim deception in advertising. It says it right there, "Arrested Development"...hehehe

Clearly this has spun wildly outta control...and that's okay but I would hasten to remind Red that I am in possession of a variety of e-mails and have a passing familiarity with cut and paste functions.

Kex, I don't recall any acid wash but I'm not swearing on a stack...I have no doubt the man I am today was formed by the fashion faux pas of the past. Many can say the same, eh.

ForeverAutumn
11-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Maybe not so much.

Look, Mike Modano...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/hockeynight/2008111108

I finally had time to click on your link...but there's nothing there. Just an empty viewer (kinda like me, eh?).

Auricauricle
11-13-2008, 06:39 AM
That's his Angst, FA!

ForeverAutumn
11-13-2008, 06:41 AM

I'll listen to pretty much anything that isn't Country or Opera. In my car CD player right now I have Blue Rodeo's new live disk, The Dears, The Kaiser Chiefs, two Brian Vander Ark disks and Ray Lamontagne.

I've been listening to a lot of singer-songwriter stuff lately, and I spun a John Denver disk yesterday. But I also listen to a lot of Metal and Prog and some stuff that, I guess, most people would call alternative or indie. Currently I'm listening to Bowie, but once I've had my coffee this morning I'm thinking of moving to something with a little more edge like Three Days Grace or Thornley.

My tastes are very eclectic.

kexodusc
11-13-2008, 06:50 AM
Kex, I don't recall any acid wash but I'm not swearing on a stack...I have no doubt the man I am today was formed by the fashion faux pas of the past. Many can say the same, eh.

No doubt...I have a vague recollection of two year period where I traded in my M.C. Hammer pants for 2nd hand, torn, ratty jeans, plaid shirts and other forgettable items.

Never did get me any of them three-legged jeans though...:crazy:

3-LockBox
11-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Is that the new Dears album FA?

GMichael
11-13-2008, 12:21 PM
FA doesn't bite?

ForeverAutumn
11-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Is that the new Dears album FA?

Yeah. It sucks. I just haven't bothered taking it out of the player yet.

FA doesn't bite?

Shhhhhhh. Tattletale!

Auricauricle
11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Ummmm, Kex, My Man, Oh Buddy, Oh Pal, Oh Best Friend of Mine, please let's not bring this up ever again (you know what I mean)....