RIP Michael Crichton [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RIP Michael Crichton

ForeverAutumn
11-07-2008, 10:14 AM
I was shocked and sorry to hear of the passing of Michael Crichton earlier this week, the author of such amazing stories as Jurassic Park, The Andromeda Strain and Disclosure. Also the creator of one of my all-time favourite TV shows - ER.

He was more than an author; he was a scientist, a researcher, and a teacher. He had his own heavily researched theories about global warming. Upon his death, the more that I read about him, the more that I realize what a loss his death is.

But mostly, I will miss reading his stories.

RIP Michael.

kexodusc
11-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm gonna miss him too...now we'll never get to see The 13th Warrior 2

ForeverAutumn
11-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I was just on his web site and there is some fascinating stuff there.

http://www.crichton-official.com/speech-ourenvironmentalfuture.html#

topspeed
11-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Geez, I didn't even know he had passed. What a renaissance man: author, producer, director, scholar. I've always been a big fan of his writing style as they were always so fast paced, it was like watching a movie in your head. My first exposure was reading Sphere on my honeymoon. I got completely cooked thanks to him as I was so engrossed in the story, I had completely lost track of the time... not a good thing to do on a beach in the tropics.

The world is a lesser place. RIP Michael.

Auricauricle
11-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Bummer for me, too....Still look at Andromeda Strain as an object lesson for the Ages....

(BTW: Did anybody else note the passing of Tony Hillerman? I wrote a dandy obit, y'know!)