bose 901 series 1 questions... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : bose 901 series 1 questions...

bonzo4ever!
11-03-2008, 09:07 PM
: I was wondering if anyone could answer a few of my questions..I scored a pair of 901 series 1 at a flea market for 30 bucks, hooked them up and i think they sound GREAT, They didn't come with stands or the e-q. I have a ragtag system right now consisting of a crappy sherwood amp,, (my carver tfm-25 is d.o.a.),, But I do have it running thru my carver holography pre- amp -ct-6. Do I run the risk of messing them up, [over-under amping them?] I also have a cheap fischer e-q that i thought about running them thru,,,, ANY help with the pros and cons of these ol beasts would be Great!! thanks,,

02audionoob
11-03-2008, 10:30 PM
You wouldn't be able to over-amp a pair of 901's...even the Carver would be fine...although perhaps you could under-amp them. If you're not running that Sherwood with the volume knob three-quarters of the way up, you're not likely hurting them with too little power, either.

hydroman
12-05-2008, 11:00 AM
^x2

(I agree with the previous post ;))

RoadRunner6
12-08-2008, 09:40 PM
^x2 - 1

(I agree with the next post :confused5:)

hifitommy
12-11-2008, 01:14 PM
is rear channels in a surround system. for one thing, the eq is needed for them being primary speakers (but i cant imagine wanting that) but in the back, bass isnt an issue.

the diffuse field created by the 901s is just what surround is good for. and on cabinets close to the rear wall would work so stands arent needed either.

SO, nice surround channels for 30 bux!