Pretty sweet line-up for "Not So Silent Nights"... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sweet line-up for "Not So Silent Nights"...

thereyet
11-02-2008, 10:55 PM
this year in Oakland.

Headlining with The killers, we also get the treat of Bloc Party, Death Cab for Cutie, Franz Ferdinand and Jack's Mannequin.

NSSN '08 is an annual Holiday music fest sponsored by KITS Live 105.

Last year they featured Modest Mouse and Spoon along with Angels and Airwaves and Jimmy Eat World.

This is becoming a regular gig for me, since they keep good line-ups coming.

thereyet

Mr MidFi
11-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Sounds like fun, Bruce. What venue are they playing at?

ForeverAutumn
11-03-2008, 06:38 AM
Nice line-up...both years! Hubby and I were discussing whether to go see The Killers when they come to town, but the $70 ticket price (after fees) made the decision easy. We're not going.

thereyet
11-03-2008, 08:18 AM
This years venue is the Oakland Oracle Arena...not my favorite venue because it is cavernous and the sound not so good if you are in the wrong place. But if I find myself in the wrong place, I usually fix that. :)

Last year was the Bill Graham Civic Center right next to SF City Hall. That place is old, but I love it. The Line-up for this year demanded a larger venue. So there you have it. I have seen tons of shows there so I know my way around. It was a favorite venue for the Grateful Dead New Years Eve shows when they outgrew the Kaiser Convention Center.

Yes the tickets are in the $70 range with fees included. What the hell is with these huge per ticket fees? The ticket fees are damn near what the entire ticket used to cost! Jeeesh!

I pretty much quit seeing the mega band shows due to ticket prices but at least here we get a great line-up and multiple bands.

thereyet

MissSuki
11-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi Bruce, When is this show? It sounds great. I count Jack's Mannequin as a guilty pleasure. That kid can write a fine power pop song and is a good performer. Enjoy and make sure to come back with a review.

thereyet
11-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi Bruce, When is this show? It sounds great. I count Jack's Mannequin as a guilty pleasure. That kid can write a fine power pop song and is a good performer. Enjoy and make sure to come back with a review.

Dec. 11, a damn work night, oh well. Will come back with review. The Killers have since booked another show at the Warfield, a beautiful old theater in SF. I don't think I will make that one but....you never know. ;)

thereyet

MissSuki
11-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Well, it sounds great. That Killer's single should have you dancing for sure.