paradigm PW2200v2 owners out there. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : paradigm PW2200v2 owners out there.

cam
03-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Does the back panel stay warm all the time even when the sub is not in operation. The back panel is always warm but I am not sure if this is normal. I have had other subs in the past and I have never had a sub that stayed warm on the back panel of the amp all the time.

PmR
03-13-2004, 06:15 AM
Mine is warm but not hot all of the time.

cam
03-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks PmR, I guess these ULTRA CLASS D amplifiars are getting power to them 24/7. I hope that this does't mean a shortened amplifiar life.

Pat D
03-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Does the back panel stay warm all the time even when the sub is not in operation. The back panel is always warm but I am not sure if this is normal. I have had other subs in the past and I have never had a sub that stayed warm on the back panel of the amp all the time.
Does your sub have a switch which allows you to choose between having 1) the sub always on and 2) turns on automatically with a musical signal (and will turn off after a period of minutes with no signal)?

cam
03-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Does your sub have a switch which allows you to choose between having 1) the sub always on and 2) turns on automatically with a musical signal (and will turn off after a period of minutes with no signal)?
No switch, sub turns on and off automaticaly. The LED light goes on and about 10 minutes with no signal the sub turns itself off, and the LED light goes off, but with the amp panel staying warm all the time I am guessing that it does not actually turn itself off but goes into some sort of stand-by. I guess then that this is normal but I will definetly be monitoring it.

Pat D
03-13-2004, 12:10 PM
No switch, sub turns on and off automaticaly. The LED light goes on and about 10 minutes with no signal the sub turns itself off, and the LED light goes off, but with the amp panel staying warm all the time I am guessing that it does not actually turn itself off but goes into some sort of stand-by. I guess then that this is normal but I will definetly be monitoring it.
If you are worried, you could contact Paradigm.