Would Blind Melon be worth seeing live? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Would Blind Melon be worth seeing live?

Swish
10-30-2008, 09:00 AM
They're coming to a small venue nearby, and it will be cheap, prolly around $15, but I haven't heard their cd that was released this year, the first one since they reformed with new lead singer Travis Warren. I'm sure most of you know about tragic death of their former lead singer, Shannon Hoon, from a cocaine overdose while on tour in New Orleans. That was back in October of '95 and they disbanded soon after that, but recently reformed with the aforementioned Warren.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone can tell me how they sound these days and if it would be worth a shot. I liked them back in the 90s, but I never got the urge to see Little Feat after Lowell George's death and figured their best days were behind them (they were), and I'm figuring the same for B.M. (pun intended).

Thanks,
Swishdaddy

GMichael
10-30-2008, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't mind going to see Blind Melon chitlin.

JDaniel
10-30-2008, 06:49 PM
I saw them this summer at Birmingham's City Stages. Overall, worth seeing. I enjoyed it. Of course, cool summer night and lots of beer may have had something to do with it. My biggest complaint was that their set was all over the map, kinda like a badly organized compilation.

JD

kexodusc
10-31-2008, 04:18 AM
I saw these guys like 13-14 years ago. I'm surprised they're still going. Wow. That's dedication.
Meh, for $15 why not.

Swish
10-31-2008, 06:22 AM
I saw them this summer at Birmingham's City Stages. Overall, worth seeing. I enjoyed it. Of course, cool summer night and lots of beer may have had something to do with it. My biggest complaint was that their set was all over the map, kinda like a badly organized compilation.

JD

All over the map I mean. Their debut album had stuff that sounded like the Dead, while others were more like pretty heavy, and then some acoustic stuff that was pop-influenced. Assuming they're playing a lot of older stuff, I guess I'd expect that.

Thanks for the comments buddy!

Swish

Finch Platte
10-31-2008, 07:53 AM
I'd go see them, but my question is, will they be able to see you, seeings how they're blind and all that?

And the REAL question I have is, would this be considered a blind melon?
http://ak.webfetti.com/assets/3dani/1/452.gif

fp

Swish
10-31-2008, 08:09 AM
I'd go see them, but my question is, will they be able to see you, seeings how they're blind and all that?

fp

And that could be a very, very long time.

atomicAdam
10-31-2008, 11:59 AM

fp

ugh! that was really bad

Swish
10-31-2008, 12:04 PM
ugh! that was really bad

.....it's par for the course.

Swish - rhyme purely intentional