Beloved Cinderella has passed away. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Beloved Cinderella has passed away.

Groundbeef
10-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Yesterday at work I received a tearful call from my 11 year old. Apparently Cinderella the beloved Guinia Pig had succumb to old age. She was 5, and had provided great joy to my 3 children.

She is survived by Cookie our newest Guinia Pig. Apparently, my daughter said that Cookie was laying down next to Cinderella when she went in her room. She went to pet her, and then realized that she wasn't "sleeping".

We held a brief service, said some words, and buried her in a simple grave in the back yard. Afterward they swapped their favorite stories about Cinderella. She will be missed.:sad:

Rich-n-Texas
10-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Condolences to you and your kids beefy. A sad day indeed. Your kiddo's are resilient and will bounce back from this dark day I am sure.

Auricauricle
10-30-2008, 08:53 AM
I'll keep you in my thoughts, GB....

Feanor
10-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Yesterday at work I received a tearful call from my 11 year old. Apparently Cinderella the beloved Guinia Pig had succumb to old age. She was 5, and had provided great joy to my 3 children.

She is survived by Cookie our newest Guinia Pig. Apparently, my daughter said that Cookie was laying down next to Cinderella when she went in her room. She went to pet her, and then realized that she wasn't "sleeping".

We held a brief service, said some words, and buried her in a simple grave in the back yard. Afterward they swapped their favorite stories about Cinderella. She will be missed.:sad:

Pets are real members of our family. You and your daughter have my sincere simpathy. I grieved for weeks after our beloved dog succumbed to cancer.
In memorium (http://gallery.audioreview.com/showphoto.php?photo=2789&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=199052) ...We have an 8 year old bunny whose days, I fear, are numbered.

GB, good health to Cookie and other pets you may have ... including your cow.

ForeverAutumn
10-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Oh Beefy, I'm so sorry to hear that! Losing a pet is hard. Guinea's are such sweet little creatures that I know she'll be missed. But I'm sure that she's partying it up with unlimited amounts of Timothy hay and carrots up in Guinea Pig heaven.

R.I.P. Cinderella.

kexodusc
10-30-2008, 09:23 AM
That sucks bro, I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss. I have 3 pets myself and know how hard it is to lose one. Makes you appreciate the time you have with them that much more.

GMichael
10-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Sorry to read about your family's loss. How are your kids reacting?

Groundbeef
10-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for all of your kind words. The kids reacted with tears, and shock. We knew that she wasn't feeling well for the last couple of weeks. She had a bad cough/cold, but a few days ago it had gone away. But it must have taken a toll on her.

After the burial, and swapping funny stories about her the girls had cheered up. After dinner they were asking when we could get a replacement.:shocked:

My wife and I think for Christmas we will get Cookie a new friend. She seems rather lost right now.

GMichael
10-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for all of your kind words. The kids reacted with tears, and shock. We knew that she wasn't feeling well for the last couple of weeks. She had a bad cough/cold, but a few days ago it had gone away. But it must have taken a toll on her.

After the burial, and swapping funny stories about her the girls had cheered up. After dinner they were asking when we could get a replacement.:shocked:

My wife and I think for Christmas we will get Cookie a new friend. She seems rather lost right now.

Good. Then they are reacting normally. Death is a part of life. It's good that they are learning to deal with it in a healthy way.
Still sorry that they have to go through it though.

I get the feeling that they have a good dad to help them through it.

Groundbeef
10-30-2008, 11:38 AM
I get the feeling that they have a good dad to help them through it.

Oh GM you ARE a glorious beacon of light! And I think the girls will be fine. What made it so hard for them was that it was unexpected. I wasn't suprised that she died, but for them, it was almost inconceivable.

Rich-n-Texas
10-30-2008, 11:42 AM
It shoulda been the three wicked sisters... or was that two wicked sisters? I forget.

Groundbeef
10-30-2008, 12:54 PM
It shoulda been the three wicked sisters... or was that two wicked sisters? I forget.

Cinderella had 2 evil step-sisters.

GMichael
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Cinderella had 2 evil step-sisters.

And one evil step-mother.

Worf101
10-31-2008, 04:53 AM
Sorry for the loss. We lived in the "40 Projects" of New York City. We never could have "real" pets like cats or dogs. But we did get a used Parakeet called "Jimmy" from one of the ladies my mom did housework for (yeah THAT kinda housework). Jimmy was already 6 when we got him and stayed with us another 6 after that. How I don't know. When Jimmy died we were devastated but none more than my Dad. It was the first time I EVER saw him cry (while sober).

Pets give so much, and ask for so little.

Da Worfster

RoadRunner6
10-31-2008, 04:14 PM
What a wonderful thread Groundbeef, both sad and happy. Thanks.

I was also interested to read about Da Worfster's previously owned parakeet, Jimmy.

RR6 :)

Wits
10-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Pets give so much, and ask for so little.

Da Worfster

That's why we get so attached to pets...they give us unconditional love. My sympathies you your youngin's for the loss of their pet--I can still remember the cute little squeals my guinea pig made that I had some 39 years ago.