New Star Trek movie cast [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Star Trek movie cast

3-LockBox
10-27-2008, 02:55 PM
http://www.startrekmovie.com/

Holy cow, but they look young. What's with Kirk's Frost-n-Tip hair-do? The dude looks like a member of a new boy band. What age group do you think they're shooting for - the ones who don't pay to watch movies anymore?

Jack in Wilmington
10-27-2008, 05:07 PM
It looks like it has real promise. I like the shots of the Enterprise under construction. I'm hoping that this movie will do for Star Trek what Batman Begins did for the Batman series.

DetroitIrish
10-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Sweet Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz) is in it?

Not a big trekkie, but might actually go see it

Worf101
10-28-2008, 04:37 AM
The caste looks like a bunch of rejects from High School Musical 3. Ugh. Why go this way, when you've got a thousand good story lines left over from DS9 that they could pick up with and tie up. I don't need to see a pre-pubescent Kirk.

Da Worfster

DetroitIrish
10-28-2008, 05:02 AM
The caste looks like a bunch of rejects from High School Musical 3. Ugh.

It's got Simon Pegg -mentioned above, Whydontch Rideher, and John Cho (Harold & Kumar) It's not THAT bad of a start

Why go this way, when you've got a thousand good story lines left over from DS9 that they could pick up with and tie up. I don't need to see a pre-pubescent Kirk.

Da Worfster

Look @ the orig series how young Kirk looked, and if this is supposed to be while the Enterprise is under construction/first missions, you gotta make em look younger than he was in the series IMO

That being said, he stil looks like a tool LOL

kexodusc
10-28-2008, 05:12 AM
Let's face it - Star Trek tales have always been best delivered by TV series. For the movie going crowd, well, if I had to pick a film subject between continuing the universe of one of the other spin-off series (TNG excluded), a 2 hour TNG plot (glorified episode), or some form of back-story for the original, I gotta admit - this is a bit more compelling and will probably appeal more to the casual fan. The Star Trek fanboy is going to see this no matter what.

This is going to be interesting. Did we fall in love with the characters, or the actors? That's going to be the big question here - this is way more gutsy than making Star Trek 11 - the Sequel.

But it does seem that the common folk would prefer the continuing story be told (albeit well) rather than revisit the future past. I will pay to see this in theater and judge it there.

3-LockBox
10-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Let's face it - Star Trek tales have always been best delivered by TV series. For the movie going crowd, well, if I had to pick a film subject between continuing the universe of one of the other spin-off series (TNG excluded), a 2 hour TNG plot (glorified episode), or some form of back-story for the original, I gotta admit - this is a bit more compelling and will probably appeal more to the casual fan. The Star Trek fanboy is going to see this no matter what.

I agree that this franchise needs a face lift or a new direction. Hell, go ahead and re-imagine the whole thing with a Kirk that looks like Zack from Saved By The Bell for that matter. But it isn't Star Trek Begins, nor is it One Trek Hill; its Star Trek 11, which means its associating itself with the other 10, so much so that William Shatner was refused a role in it because of the timeline/being killed-off thingy, and this coming from a man (JJ Abrams) who never met a plot hole or underdeveloped storyline he didn't like, so they are following the canon to a degree.

But if they're going to re-invent the thing, do it with a director who has vision, and not some hack like Abrams who channels Irwin Allen and Sherwood Schwartz in everything he does (Land Of the Lost in Space anyone?).

Feanor
10-28-2008, 12:02 PM
http://www.startrekmovie.com/

Holy cow, but they look young. What's with Kirk's Frost-n-Tip hair-do? The dude looks like a member of a new boy band. What age group do you think they're shooting for - the ones who don't pay to watch movies anymore?

The only thing worse would be another Star Wars movie. Shoot me now.

Jack in Wilmington
10-28-2008, 04:27 PM
The only thing worse would be another Star Wars movie. Shoot me now.

Ok here are the top 5 movies from last week.
1. High School Musical 3
2. Saw V
3. Max Payne
4. Beverly Hills Chihuahua
5. Pride and Glory

You're telling me that because of cinema masterpieces like this, there is no room for another Star Trek movie. Did you say the same thing before Batman Begins came out? Come on Bill, you saw the garbage that was nominated for best picture this past year at the Academy Awards. I'll take anything that isn't about a new creative way of chopping a body into little parts.

Feanor
10-28-2008, 04:58 PM
1. High School Musical 3
2. Saw V
3. Max Payne
5. Pride and Glory

You're telling me that because of cinema masterpieces like this, there is no room for another Star Trek movie. Did you say the same thing before Batman Begins came out? Come on Bill, you saw the garbage that was nominated for best picture this past year at the Academy Awards. I'll take anything that isn't about a new creative way of chopping a body into little parts.

You have a point there, Jack.

My impression of Batman Begins is that is overrated by a lot of people; 3 star.

kexodusc
10-29-2008, 05:49 AM
1. High School Musical 3
2. Saw V
3. Max Payne
5. Pride and Glory

Post of the month!

And I also like the standard "Don't think you'll like it? Then don't see it, dip****" response.

Auricauricle
10-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Another sign of the approaching apocalypse: Beverly Hills Chihuahua scores big at the box office....No wonder the world thinks so highly of us!*

I thought the Star Trek movies, like the series, lost their tether after awhile. Story lines became increasingly jumbled and charcters became decreasingly interesting. I like the movies for all the special effects-gee whiz glitz and the space-babes, but it was pretty much understood that Shatner and crew should have stayed home. Roddenbury, likewise should have let things rest, but he let the series continue--a bad mistake, if you ask me.

If they want to make another "Trek" movie, they should consider another run of Galaxy Quest.

*Waitaminnit: Didn't France call Jerry Lewis a genius, or some such like?

Wits
10-29-2008, 09:07 PM
What's with Kirk's Frost-n-Tip hair-do?
His wrist is wrapped, so they may have seen some combat. Maybe there's a logical explanation for it. We can always hope it's that, anyway.:ihih: