Your Fave and Worstest.... Cheeses!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Your Fave and Worstest.... Cheeses!!!!

Worf101
10-27-2008, 07:27 AM
In an effort to be a "human being" I took the ole lady out to din din at the C.I.A. one night. That's the "Culinary Institute of Amerca" for you conspiracy nuts put them Ludlum books down.

Best Cheese:
Between the main course and desert they came around with the "cheese cart". I had a French chesse called "Pierre Robert" that was simply the finest cheese I've ever et. Can't wait to score some more.

Worst Cheese:
"The Stinking Bishop" an English Cheese that was on the same cart. It IS the smelliest cheese I've EVER eaten. Smells and tastes like rancid gym socks or a hockey bag. It's so disgusting that the rancid filth liquifies at room temperature and "runs" across the plate. Good God words CAN'T describe it.

Da "Grousing Gourmond" Worfster

JSE
10-27-2008, 08:57 AM
I do like some fine cheese. The wife and I go through quite a bit.

I like strong flavored cheese but when the cheese smells like sweaty-arse-crack, I have to draw the line. Stilton cheese comes to mind. Smells bad, taste even worse.

kexodusc
10-27-2008, 09:26 AM
I'll be the first to admit my palate's sophistication level for cheese would rival that of any 4 year old, but a few do stand out:
Best) Gorwydd Caerphilly - this is a pleasant, delicious, creamy cheese. It doesn't dominate your taste buds and beat them into wretched submission, nor does it invite you to gorge it down like a bag of fresh, hot, buttery popcorn. To me this is a fine cheese that Popes and Presidents would eat with fancy crackers before a meal.

Worst) While I too have had the loathsome "Stinking Bishop" - it was given to us at a fine dairy tour we did in the UK. Ol' stinky as I like to call it was served to give us an example of what a pungent, foul cheese should taste like so that we had a frame of reference when boldly proclaiming that "Ardrahan" is by far the most vile cheese ever had. It picks on the Stinking Bishop at recess and takes its lunch money.

Upon first wiff, this vile curd will rank somewhere on your list of things to taste between an infant's peas-and-green-beans baby-food diarrhea and a freshly KY'ed cock.
Think of the fattest, ugliest mistake you ever took home from the bar - that liquified funk she's secreting...is just one of the ingredients in Adrahan. I'm pretty sure Adrahan is Aramaic for Lucifer.
Whoever makes this stuff is a strong example for the virtues of both capital punishment and abortion. the latter of which is more appetible...yuck.

audio amateur
10-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Well having been brought up in France, I figure I should contribute to this great thread. I'm a big fan of munster cheese (although it smells like heck, it really does), good goat's cheese & compté. These are part of my favourites although there are many others I like. Munster is local to the Alsace region in France which was at one point switching back and forth between German and French occupation.
Compté is a 'hard' cheese which I guess would be vaguely similar to English cheddar.
We have a local cheese shop or 'fromager' in French in our town so we get a pretty good selection of good cheeses.

Worf101
10-27-2008, 10:50 AM
This is what I was hopeing for... Kex, Grass Skirt... STOP!!! You're killing me!!! I can't take it... I'm dying here....

Da Worfster

Auricauricle
10-27-2008, 11:09 AM
I am seriously humbled by the descriptive prowess of my erudute gastronomes!

(Removes hat and bows head.)

Ahem: I have never eaten a cheese I didn't like. Throw me a gorganzola, I'm fine; toss me a manchego, I'll say you're my best friend; hand me a bit of le morbier, shoot, I'll call you brother....

You guys got me hungry, now! What goes with a good smegma-toejam pate?

GMichael
10-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Best was taint cheese.
Worst was a tie between tweena cheese and fomunda cheese.

Rich-n-Texas
10-27-2008, 11:54 AM
This thread's GROSS!!

Rich-n-Texas
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
I am seriously humbled by the descriptive prowess of my erudute gastronomes!
For crying out loud! Can we please stick with the $.30 words and not the $30. words?! :incazzato: I can't pronounce either one of them! :idea:

ForeverAutumn
10-27-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't know the names of the cheeses that I've had and loved. But the best cheese ever was on a huge cheese platter at a company Christmas party that I attended. It was at a fine restaurant downtown. It was a hard crumbly cheese with a red marble running through it and it was to die for! I stood next to the cheese plate with the cheese knife and stabbed the hand of anyone else who tried to take some (maybe that's why it was running with red :idea: ).

I've never had a "worst" cheese.

Every year Hubby and I treat ourselves to a nice nippy old cheddar...usually between 5 and 8 years...on Christmas morning. It's the only time that I'll spend $20 for a block of cheese. We'll nibble on it for the next few days and then wait, with great expections, for next Xmas when we can do it again.

JSE
10-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Best was taint cheese.

And I thought Toe Cheese was nasty! :skep:

Auricauricle
10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Shure would help if I cud spel (erudute?).

Gastronome: A large-bellied creature from Middle-earth.
Erudute: An expression from Western-most Thule referring to tutelage and instruction:

"Howyoudute?"
"Well, y'see, ye put the thingamajig here and the gizmo there...."
"Aye! So you put 'er there an..."
"Nae, you pu 'er 'ere, you daft newt!"
"Ah. Here, right?"
"Right. Erudute. Youdute there, I'll kick yer testes!"
"Here, now..."
"Come on, laddie. I'll show you a gud bash on that gnome-dome!"
"That's it. Yer in it now, Gandalf!"

GMichael
10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
And I thought Toe Cheese was nasty! :skep:

That would be the tweena cheese.

Auricauricle
10-27-2008, 01:02 PM
So wot's the weena cheese? :ihih:

JSE
10-27-2008, 01:03 PM
That would be the tweena cheese.

I'm afraid to ask about the fomunda cheese. :idea:

JSE
10-27-2008, 01:07 PM

Never mind.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fomunda+Cheese

RoadRunner6
10-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Best: Bandon Medium Cheddar (Oregon)

Worst: Chuck E. Cheese

RR6

kexodusc
10-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Best: Branson Medium Cheddar (Oregon)

Worst: Chuck E. Cheese

RR6
Bah-dum-bum! :7:

Auricauricle
10-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Better than chocolate mouse....

ForeverAutumn
10-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Better than chocolate mouse....

I like a little crunchy frog every now and then.

Worf101
10-28-2008, 04:49 AM
Didn't take overly long did it? For this thread to lurch past the gutter and head straight down the sewer. To prove I'm no pansy though I'll correct you the name is NOT Formunda but FROMUNDA Cheese. And it doesn't come fromunda there but fromunda (PM me if you're really curious) somewhere NORTH of there.

Da Worfster

Feanor
10-28-2008, 05:14 AM
In my usual serious vein ...

My favorite cheese are these:

Jarlsberg Norwegian (http://www.jarlsberg.com.au/aboutus.htm)
Oka, abbey-produced, non-pasteurized Canadian (http://www.abbayeoka.com/securestore/c37691.2.html)
Balderson Canadian Cheddar (http://www.baldersoncheese.com/en/home.asp)Unfortunately I can't eat much cheese anymore because I need to avoid saturated and trans fats.

JohnMichael
10-28-2008, 05:30 AM

Oka abbey-produced, non-pasteurized Canadian (http://www.abbayeoka.com/securestore/c37691.2.html)
Balderson Canadian Cheddar (http://www.baldersoncheese.com/en/home.asp)...

I had some Jarlsberg last night along with a nice salad and what seems today to be too much wine. Sometimes a wedge of cheese, a nice salad makes for a nice simple dinner. Of late I find myself enjoying goat cheeses more and more.

GMichael
10-28-2008, 05:37 AM
I had some Jarlsberg last night along with a nice salad and what seems today to be too much wine. Sometimes a wedge of cheese, a nice salad makes for a nice simple dinner. Of late I find myself enjoying goat cheeses more and more.

Hey JM! Long time no post. How have you been?

I've been having trouble filling the humor quota around here without you.:cryin:

ForeverAutumn
10-28-2008, 05:44 AM

Oka abbey-produced, non-pasteurized Canadian (http://www.abbayeoka.com/securestore/c37691.2.html)
Balderson Canadian Cheddar (http://www.baldersoncheese.com/en/home.asp)Unfortunately I can't eat much cheese anymore because of my need to avoid saturated and trans fats.

That Balderson Chedder is smoooooooooth. The old stuff that we buy at Christmas is usually Balderson.

RoadRunner6
10-28-2008, 06:00 AM
After a candlelit romantic dinner we love to have some Velveeta with a really cheap bottle of wine.

RR6 :p

Auricauricle
10-28-2008, 06:17 AM
May I suggest the Chateau le Tickle Pink?

JSE
10-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Didn't take overly long did it? For this thread to lurch past the gutter and head straight down the sewer. To prove I'm no pansy though I'll correct you the name is NOT Formunda but FROMUNDA Cheese. And it doesn't come fromunda there but fromunda (PM me if you're really curious) somewhere NORTH of there.

Da Worfster

For the record, I was not the first to drag this thread into the gutter. I think it was GM (yes, I'm a tattle-tale). I merely was a victim to peer presure and succumbed to the desire to participate in the "down the sewer dragging". :biggrin5:

On a serious note, this place in Seattle has some great cheese. We found it down near Pike's Market.

There Flagship Reserve and their Blank Slate w/ honey are extremely good.

http://www.beechershandmadecheese.com/

GMichael
10-28-2008, 07:38 AM
For the record, I was not the first to drag this thread into the gutter. I think it was GM (yes, I'm a tattle-tale). I merely was a victim to peer presure and succumbed to the desire to participate in the "down the sewer dragging". :biggrin5:

On a serious note, this place in Seattle has some great cheese. We found it down near Pike's Market.

There Flagship Reserve and their Blank Slate w/ honey are extremely good.

http://www.beechershandmadecheese.com/

Hmpf....:mad5:

Rich-n-Texas
10-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Ya know something Cartman, I had the same disclaimer in mind. :thumbsup:

Actually, I think it was Kex who triggered this thread's downhill slide with his descriptions of bad cheese. :yesnod:

Auricauricle
10-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey, we're only human!

kexodusc
10-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Ya know something Cartman, I had the same disclaimer in mind. :thumbsup:

Actually, I think it was Kex who triggered this thread's downhill slide with his descriptions of bad cheese. :yesnod:

Hey, who's descriptions are you calling "bad cheese"? :incazzato:

Hey, when stuff licks goat ass as bad as Adrahan, I consider it my civic duty to warn others. I'm not kidding when I say I gag just thinking about it. I bet you'll never try Adrahan now. There...you owe me a beer.

Rich-n-Texas
10-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Oh boy! Here comes my lunch... :eek: :prrr: <== Best imitation of throwing up I could come up with.

Hey Cartman... Kex needs a beer (hope ya don't mind monkey pee, Kex)

Auricauricle
10-28-2008, 11:23 AM
(Spits beer all over counter and inhales the rest. Coughs, chokes...) Thanks, guys! That was a pretty good beer....

JSE
10-28-2008, 11:38 AM

Oh............No..............You................. ..... Di'ent! :eek:

I know you just did not refer to Shiner Bock as monkey pee! :nono:

If so, I will unleash that which is expelled from beneath the grass skirt of the mighty Cartman upon your girly beer drinkin arse!

Rich-n-Texas
10-28-2008, 12:13 PM
There goes my frickin' lunch... AGAIN!!! :mad5:

Rich-n-Texas
10-28-2008, 12:16 PM
(Spits beer all over counter and inhales the rest. Coughs, chokes...) Thanks, guys! That was a pretty good beer....
Here, have the rest of my Leffe, with the delectable taste of smoked summer sausage. It's delicious, it really is. :ihih:

Auricauricle
10-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Right. Thank you. Good thing I brought m'chalice....God, that's good!

JoSiE! Put that heathenish thing away....(The dog is out and he hasn't had supper, yet.)

kexodusc
10-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Oh boy! Here comes my lunch... :eek: :prrr: <== Best imitation of throwing up I could come up with.

That Rich, he's so cheap he wouldn't pay a nickel to see a hot dog bark. Look at him trying to pawn off his Milwaukee's Best on me.

:out:

Auricauricle
10-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Lee him alone. He mah frien'. He gimme good beer. You monkey boy. You drink MB like man. Mmm, good beer. Nice beer! Yes...Precious, my Precious.....(Oh, oh: Chanelling problem. Houston....)

Rich-n-Texas
10-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Milwaukee's Best?!?! WELL, I NEVER!:nono:

(Won't be payin anything for the BFD hookup advice either, he he)

JSE
10-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Dang it guys..... Worf is gonna be made as hell when he finds out how far off topic this thread is.

Btw, stopped by Spec's Liquor store on the way home from tennis tonight. Got me a nice little brick of Cabot Sharp White Cheddar. Very nice.
And some beer.:rolleyes5:

Worf101
10-29-2008, 05:24 AM
Nice to see my stinky cheese thread hijacked (Hijacked I say) by a truckload of drunkin', beer swillin' holligans bent on ravage and ruin. In response to this desperate and despicable outbreak of lawlessness and banditry I have formed a "Vigilance Comittee". Paid for by the county and provided with horses and cartridges by the town we will soon be setting forth to rid the environs of these hardput and desperate villains.

Once caught the recalcitrant swines will be forced to attempt the take cheese off of F.A.'s plate until such time as they repent or draw back a bloody stump. I regret that such actions have to be taken but we were left with no other recourse if innocent threads were to be protected from villainous violation.

So let it be written.....

So let it be done!!

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
10-29-2008, 06:19 AM
You'll never take me alive I tell ya!!!

Auricauricle
10-29-2008, 06:29 AM
I'll bite ya!!!

GMichael
10-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Nice to see my stinky cheese thread hijacked (Hijacked I say) by a truckload of drunkin', beer swillin' holligans bent on ravage and ruin. In response to this desperate and despicable outbreak of lawlessness and banditry I have formed a "Vigilance Comittee". Paid for by the county and provided with horses and cartridges by the town we will soon be setting forth to rid the environs of these hardput and desperate villains.

Once caught the recalcitrant swines will be forced to attempt the take cheese off of F.A.'s plate until such time as they repent or draw back a bloody stump. I regret that such actions have to be taken but we were left with no other recourse if innocent threads were to be protected from villainous violation.

So let it be written.....

So let it be done!!

Da Worfster

Huh?

Why do you talk so funny?

GMichael
10-29-2008, 08:05 AM
I'll bite ya!!!

Wrong website. Try SVI's site.

Auricauricle
10-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Er....um....huh?

jvc
10-30-2008, 04:55 AM
We like some Havarti, when we can find it. But the absolute best cheese I've ever eaten was some seven year old Cheddar. It was crumbly and very sharp.........and very good!
Never had any really bad cheese, yet.

trollgirl
11-13-2008, 03:04 AM
Head cheese...?

Worf101
11-13-2008, 06:27 AM
Head cheese...?
Head cheese, the real head cheese or the OTHER head cheese?

Da Worfster

Auricauricle
11-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Go back to be, Worfie....Yer scarin' the chillun!

ForeverAutumn
11-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Head cheese...?

Is that your Fave or your Worstest? :confused5:

Auricauricle
11-13-2008, 07:13 AM
You mean Worf Test?

trollgirl
11-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Fave Cheese, Worstest (Worfest?) Cheese, and now: cheese that can kill you. Click on the link below, I think the item of special interest (Casu Marzu) is #5. Enjoy. Or not.

Maybe this is the other, other head cheese...

http://www.cracked.com/article_14979_6-most-terrifying-foods-in-world.html

Laz

Oh, to answer ForeverAutum's question, head cheese is neither fave nor worstest, I just wanted to bring it to the table, so to speak.

Auricauricle
11-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks, TG....I thought that I'd actually eat tonight.

trollgirl
11-14-2008, 08:09 PM
TG

Call me Laz, pls.

RoadRunner6
11-14-2008, 09:06 PM
OK, move out of the way Dennis (whoops, I mean Laz).

They will have to pry my Velveeta from my cold dead hands!

RR6 :D

Auricauricle
11-15-2008, 03:34 PM
G-Zeus, RR!! That photo scared the hair off my pickle!!

I'll kill you fer this!

Worf101
11-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Einstein couldn't track the permutations and tangents my poor cheese thread has gone through... Sigh... What fthe F*** Chuck Heston with a flintlock has to do with my love of cheese I don't know... I'm now going to lay down... this thread makes my haid hoit.

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
11-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Well, if you lived in Cheesehead country you'd likely have greater success. :ihih:

Auricauricle
11-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I understand that Einstein and Heisenberg had a discussion where one of them said something about the inability to know a cheese's location and its momentum simulateously. Or was it that no cheese can travel faster than the speed of light? Or was it the one that suggests that as the consumption of cheese accelerates, so does its mass? Um..... ;)

RoadRunner6
11-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Auricauricle,

Are you a Novaphile by any chance?

Funny you should mention an old colleague of mine. Heisenberg and I used to spend many a late hour back in the 60's at a little German pubhausen in Leipzig over a plate of slowly aged Velveeta and a bottle of 1978 Vangursterhofsten Reisling. Werner always touched my intellectual curiosity with his new ideas on extraterrestrial psychosomatic physics. I would always end our chat with a satisfied "far out, mize freund."

RR6

Auricauricle
11-16-2008, 04:14 PM
I like lox....

Rich-n-Texas
11-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Y'all are weird.

However,

I love Velveeta cheese (even though it isn't really cheese). When I was a youngin' my Mom would make me and my brothers grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, and it was always with Velveeta. Love that stuff. :yesnod:

RoadRunner6
11-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Werner always touched my intellectual curiosity with his new ideas on extraterrestrial psychosomatic physics

He inspired me so significantly that I obtained my PhD in EPP (extraterrestrial psychosomatic physics) at Le Institut de Céleste Physique in Leufo, France. My doctoral dissertation was titled "UFO's of Area Five One, a Quantum Leap?".

RR6

Auricauricle
11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
The von Braun family was often a visitor at holiday functions and such and when they came they brought presents including lox from Herr Doktor. When, at last, His Eminence did arrive, we repaired to the basement where the Cones of Silence were applied and talked about the latest developments in Huntsville, Houston and the Cape. Sometimes Arthur Clarke and a friend named Hal would come to remind us that our house was surrounded by minivans and men in black suits, dark glasses and little sense of humor. At eighteen, I was ported to an outpost 153.26 light years from Pegasus to witness the birth of a solar system that you will soon learn about. Now that you've spotted portions of it, we're hoping that the religious fanatics here will spin its existence to "another trivial milestone" for you poor, dumb Bipeds.

So how was your experience at Leufo? Uplifting?

RoadRunner6
11-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I love Velveeta cheese

The cheese lover's cheese.

RoadRunner6
11-16-2008, 09:10 PM
The von Braun family was often a visitor at holiday functions and such and when they came they brought presents including lox from Herr Doktor. When, at last, His Eminence did arrive, we repaired to the basement where the Cones of Silence were applied and talked about the latest developments in Huntsville, Houston and the Cape. Sometimes Arthur Clarke and a friend named Hal would come to remind us that our house was surrounded by minivans and men in black suits, dark glasses and little sense of humor. At eighteen, I was ported to an outpost 153.26 light years from Pegasus to witness the birth of a solar system that you will soon learn about. Now that you've spotted portions of it, we're hoping that the religious fanatics here will spin its existence to "another trivial milestone" for you poor, dumb Bipeds.

So how was your experience at Leufo? Uplifting?

That's simply amazing! Did you know that:

".....On 10/28/08 the Hang Seng index was up 153.26 points....." (this means that outpost had great Fung Sway!)

Actually the original spelling in German is lachs. Like you are clearing your throat (be careful!).

My friend Werner was well aquanted with Arthur Clarke. He said he was a very intelligent man but tended to be somewhat spacy. That friend by the name of Hal had a real sweet tooth and readily accepted cookies.

My years in Leufo were both exhausting and rewarding. The Institute of Heavenly Physiques was on a beautiful hillside overlooking the River Ovnis. The quaint french village of Leufo, nestled below, was captivating. Unfortunately the place was crawling with Ultra Femminist Oddballs! Incidentally, the urologist that did my vasectomy, Dr. Eucalyptus, remarked that I had odd balls.

What does this have to do with cheese you might ask? Well, one of my French girlfriends told me one time that when I had gone for several days without a shower, my balls smelled like cheese!

RR6

RoadRunner6
11-16-2008, 09:15 PM
G-Zeus, RR!! That photo scared the hair off my pickle!!!

Auricauricle, if you've got hair on your pickle I think you should try Nair.

".....no nicks, cuts, or razor bumps....." (watch out, it can sting)

RR6

noddin0ff
11-17-2008, 04:49 AM
Can't believe I missed an opportunity to share this song for cheese lovers!
The Cheese Alarm (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dd85338fe38850ebc74064dd4c81b78aca513c21 437db406)

...aged Pecorino Toscano.

Auricauricle
11-17-2008, 06:21 AM
...I thought Syd Barrett DIED!

ForeverAutumn
11-17-2008, 06:47 AM
Can't believe I missed an opportunity to share this song for cheese lovers!
The Cheese Alarm (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dd85338fe38850ebc74064dd4c81b78aca513c21 437db406)

...aged Pecorino Toscano.

That's an interesting little song. I've never heard Robyn Hitchcock before. It reminded me a lot of very early Bowie.

As for the rest of this thread....well you guys are just FREAKS!

RoadRunner6
11-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Auricauricle, did she just call you a freak?

"The Cheese Moon"

I've heard it said by many around,
That the moon is made of cheese they found.
It's mined by little spacemen mice,
Who sell it for a handsome price.

The cheese we eat all comes from there,
From cheddar valleys beyond compare.
And in the rivers of Wensleydale,
The mice scoop cheese in metal pails.

If you peek up you might just see,
The Gorgonzola heights of Ghee.
And to the left and up a bit,
On Stilton mountains mice do sit.

So next time you sit down to cheese,
Remember the mice on Parmezan seas.
Who work non stop in their spacemen hats,
Just glad that they're out of reach of cats!

©2003 Gareth Lancaster

noddin0ff
11-17-2008, 08:58 AM
That's an interesting little song. I've never heard Robyn Hitchcock before. It reminded me a lot of very early Bowie.

As for the rest of this thread....well you guys are just FREAKS!

Not quite, Memory of a Free Festival, but glad you liked!

I've been a fan of Robyn for a long time. I think the album I'd most recommend most is Spooked from 2004. I've managed to sneak in a few RH tracks into some comps recently. Slosh's Sounds Good comp. had the track Mexican God from the same album as the cheese song. That album, Jewels for Sophia is climbing up my favorite list.

You can find solo albums and also RH and the Egyptians, as well as the recent RH and the Venus 3 (Peter Buck on guitar)
He's an odd one. Some songs verge on lyrical nonsense, he doesn't have a particularly good voice, but he grows on you like moss and just about everything he sings hints at some Freudian and/or vegetable oriented deeper meaning (not that there necessarily is any deeper meaning).

My 5 year old loves this one from Spooked (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dd85338fe38850ebc74064dd4c81b78a8cbd21bb 03be5cb7)

Auricauricle
11-17-2008, 10:25 AM
RR6: I make no bones about being a freak, man. Got my Freak Flag flyin', now! Thanks for the compliment, FA! Right back at ya, girlfriend!

BTW: Ol' Wern spoke highly about lachs; yet he brought over lox. Said it'd give us a lift.

Cheese, US! What a long, strange thread it's been!

RoadRunner6
11-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah, my wife calls me baka, which is Japanese for idiot or stupid. But I don't ever think anyone has referred to me as a freak! How devastating and tramatic. I'm heading straight to the mental health nurse tomorrow.

After all the hard work on my post above. It took me at least 2 minutes to look up the French word for flying saucer (UFO), to coin the River Ovnis. The small village of Leufo was pure cosmic genius and your epic tale about your visit from Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun was so intergalactic. I'll bet it all went over her Clarol dyed head. What planet is this spacy broad from? (whoops, can we say broad on this fourm?)(oh, and besdies I just ended a sentence with a preposition....oh, sh1t, now Father Murray is going to make me stay after class!)

So what's this all have to do with cheese? I guess it makes us cheese freaks!

RR6 :frown5:

Auricauricle
11-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Baka.... That word is nearly a curse, if you wanna get down to it. Then again, I'd rather be called "baka" than "fugu-san" or even "okiagareo".

RoadRunner6
11-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Aa says: "fugu-san" or even "okiagareo"..........I don't eat blowfish, too hard on my privates. I used to have a girlfriend who did a good fugusan impersonation, she said it wasn't toxic but tasted somewhat salty.

I'll have to call my wife and ask her what okiagareo means. She's in Japan right now. I'll get back to you.

RR6 :biggrin5:

Rich-n-Texas
11-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah, my wife calls me baka, which is Japanese for idiot or stupid. But I don't ever think anyone has referred to me as a freak! How devastating and tramatic. I'm heading straight to the mental health nurse tomorrow.
Umm... guess what RR6? Aa IS a mental health nurse. :eek: Scary isn't it?

Auricauricle
11-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Your point BEING....?

(Come 'ere, Boy. I want you to meet a colleaugue o' mine: Dr. Fleets. He's a pain in the asp, but he's real gentle....

noddin0ff
11-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Your point BEING....?

(Come 'ere, Boy. I want you to meet a colleaugue o' mine: Dr. Fleets. He's a pain in the asp, but he's real gentle....

snakes in pain?

RoadRunner6
11-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Aa IS a mental health nurse

Oh my God Rich, that explains it. Everytime I read one of Aa's posts I hear the theme from the Twilight Zone in the rear compartment of my brain. I saw on the internet recently that at the Medical University of South Carolina Hospital, they have the nation's leading program in Cosmic Psychiatric Nursing headed by the esteemed Dr. Wolf-Lundmark-Melotte.

I stopped by the pschyc ward at Harborview Hospital on my way to work this morn and saw the mental health nurse. She told me if Eternal Fall calls me a cheese freak again just to ignore her. I said I paid a $15 copay for this advice? I could have told that to myself. So to placate me she gave me a large bag of samples of the new Organic Acetaminophen Free HydroXanax SR medication.

No matter how you cut the cheese, this has been one fine day!

RR6 :yikes:

RoadRunner6
11-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Your point BEING....?

OK, let's knock off the crap about Dr. Fleets! (pun intended)

RR6 :hand:

Auricauricle
11-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Down the hatch
Or up the chute
You can take a shot
Or some other route.
Some like pills
Or a bottle or a line
There are so many ways
To feeling fine.
One thing's for sure
Of this you can depend
Ain't nothin' better
Than your own best friend.
Well it's time to go
It's been nice, its been swell
Just to spend a day
And to sit a spell.
And if your sky is cloudy
And there's no sun or blue
Just remember me
Cause I'll be rememberin' you.....

RoadRunner6
11-18-2008, 11:11 PM
And futha more, I read that whenever there is an increase in UFO sightings in the SC area there is also an upswing in the admissions at the CNP (Cosmic Psychiatric Nursing) program.

What you might ask does this have to due with cheese.

(http://www.planetfusion.co.uk/~pignut/cheese.html)

I think I'll retire for the evening now. Well, as my Italian neighbor always says:

"That's a Gouda idea."

RR6

trollgirl
11-19-2008, 03:34 AM
Baka.... That word is nearly a curse, if you wanna get down to it.

"Baka" - now that is so close to the Hebrew word "Raca," and with the same meaning.

RoadRunner6
11-19-2008, 03:22 PM
"Baka" - now that is so close to the Hebrew word "Raca," and with the same meaning.

That's very interesting Laz. I read somewhere that Golda Meir prefered to eat her matzah balls with hashi (chopsticks). Before she become Prime Minister of Israel she had spent 5 years training in Sumo.

trollgirl
11-23-2008, 11:58 AM
That's very interesting Laz. I read somewhere that Golda Meir prefered to eat her matzah balls with hashi (chopsticks). Before she become Prime Minister of Israel she had spent 5 years training in Sumo.

You're yanking my chain.

Auricauricle
11-23-2008, 01:36 PM
No...but he's probably taking a grab at yer mawashi!

RoadRunner6
11-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Auricauricle, aso desuka, the Madam Prime Minister, Golda Meir, is rumored to have had an oisuta under her mawashi instead of an unagi.

She was also known to eat kosher sushi only. When she was Sumo training in Tokyo they searched almost the entire month of Jury. They finally found a kosher sushi chef in a combination furniture store/sushi bar on the outskirts of Yokohama. His name was Hiroshi Yamamotofarb. He eventually started the Kosher Sushi Club.

You're yanking my chain.

Now Laz, would the Wile E. old RoadRunner yank your chain? Not a chance in Akihabara (not on your rife!).

LL6

Auricauricle
11-24-2008, 06:09 AM
Honto! Reminds me of a Jewish friend I had who ate lobster. When I asked her about a "possible code violation", she gave me a sharp look and said simply, "If God was intent on making lobsters unkosher, they wouldn't be so delicious!"

'Nuff said, indeed.....

Ah, are you sure it was oisuta? I swear I thought I saw akagai.

See you in Rappongi!