Would this work? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Would this work?

s dog
10-26-2008, 04:06 PM
If you did end up with a blu-ray player with analog outs could you just hook the fronts,center,and rear speakers up to your older receivers analog inputs, And then from the blu-ray player run a optical cable to a second DD receiver and hook the sub up to that receiver, This way you wont lose the deep bass DD has. The only reason i bring up this insanity is for the fact you can pick up a used DD receiver on ebay for cheap and a new hdmi receiver cost a lot of $$. Just trying to come up with away to buy some time with my older equipment and still injoy DD bass, Im sure that there is many reasons this will not work but i thought i would just throw it out there. Im not even sure if a blu-ray player can out put signal from analog and optical at the same time.

blackraven
10-26-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure if what you suggest will work, but my CD player puts lout analog and digital at the same time. I dont see why the BRP wont either.

pixelthis
10-26-2008, 08:28 PM
If you did end up with a blu-ray player with analog outs could you just hook the fronts,center,and rear speakers up to your older receivers analog inputs, And then from the blu-ray player run a optical cable to a second DD receiver and hook the sub up to that receiver, This way you wont lose the deep bass DD has. The only reason i bring up this insanity is for the fact you can pick up a used DD receiver on ebay for cheap and a new hdmi receiver cost a lot of $$. Just trying to come up with away to buy some time with my older equipment and still injoy DD bass, Im sure that there is many reasons this will not work but i thought i would just throw it out there. Im not even sure if a blu-ray player can out put signal from analog and optical at the same time.

WHY DO YOU NEED a seperate receiver?
If your receiver has 5.1 analog inputs just plug the bass out on your blu player into THAT, and your sub to the sub out on your receiver.
You could hook your sub directly to it but then it would only work with the Blu player.
No need for fancy footwork, not to mention that that optical out will
go into a receiver that just has DD, might as well plug it into your current receiver.
I use the multichannel on mine and the bass is great, sometimes too great!:1:

s dog
10-27-2008, 06:36 AM
WHY DO YOU NEED a seperate receiver?
If your receiver has 5.1 analog inputs just plug the bass out on your blu player into THAT, and your sub to the sub out on your receiver.
You could hook your sub directly to it but then it would only work with the Blu player.
No need for fancy footwork, not to mention that that optical out will
go into a receiver that just has DD, might as well plug it into your current receiver.
I use the multichannel on mine and the bass is great, sometimes too great!:1: Your right, What the hell was i thinking, I can do the same thing with one receiver, I can go 5.1 analog and optical at the same time, Then try the sub on the receivers sub out or the analog out and see which one sounds best. Thanks

pixelthis
10-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Your right, What the hell was i thinking, I can do the same thing with one receiver, I can go 5.1 analog and optical at the same time, Then try the sub on the receivers sub out or the analog out and see which one sounds best. Thanks

We all have brain farts at one time or another.:1: