AudioVideo Blogs - Blogger?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AudioVideo Blogs - Blogger??

atomicAdam
10-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Audio Blogs::

What are some audio/video blogs you all take some time reading. Trying to see what is out there to better help import AudioReview.com.

Also, we are looking for possible bloggers here on audioreview along with reviewers with possibility of making some $$$.

Thanks,
-adam

Auricauricle
10-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Well, I'm biting....Whattayawanna review?

Mr Peabody
10-23-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't really read a certain blog. Hardly read them at all unless something comes up in a search on a topic for me.

If you have equipment I can review, I'll do it for free, just send it over. And since the economy is so bad I haven't been able to sell off my other components I have a bit of a variety. For instance, I can use either Krell or Conrad Johnson amplification, I have two DAC's, one being an Audio Note tube and one single box. Some other odd and ends. I would mostly be interested in stereo components or video, I don't know if I'd want to set up a surround receiver or preamp every time I turn around.

This reviewing thing has come up before though, don't tease us like that.

atomicAdam
10-23-2008, 08:26 PM
This reviewing thing has come up before though, don't tease us like that.

I am definitely not trying to tease anyone. Though, pull to get gear in for review is low. Although I have not put out any feelers.

Currently I am looking more for news, events and rumors type of blogging.

One of the things I realize is that the forum, thought not a piping hot pea of activity compared to some others, does have some great members who do post about interesting stuff. I am looking for a way to better integrate forums and blogs and get some of the good stuff members write about out to the rest of the site. Starting with the homepage.

I've not researched it yet, so maybe the answer is a google search away, but does anyone know a good plug in for integrating vBulletin with Wordpress?

Thanks,
-adam

Mr Peabody
10-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Sorry, I'm not a computer guy, I'm lucky to be able to get this site and post.

What brought to AR years back were the reviews. I would come to read on a product I was considering. Then I eventually checked out the forums and jumped in.

If we could keep spam/scam out it would be nice to get the classifieds going better. I found posting reviews difficult the last time I did it. I remember it taking a few attempts and going through several crazy pull down boxes. I'll try to explore here more to provide better feedback.

Rich-n-Texas
10-24-2008, 07:56 PM
I guess I'll be saying this until I'm blue in the face... Adam, improving the functionalty of this site should be the focus in the short term.

atomicAdam
10-24-2008, 08:43 PM
I guess I'll be saying this until I'm blue in the face... Adam, improving the functionalty of this site should be the focus in the short term.

Don't turn blue in the face. I know what you mean. I am working several different angles at once, and not everything that seems as simple as it should be always is. But I will review the forum consolidation ideas this coming week and consolidate by the end of the week.

I've been researching the speed problem you say you have, and Alexia.com does report AR as being slow, unfortunately, I need more research before I can take some action on this. It is being worked on though.

Anyone else having speed issues? Where you from, what is your connection. Speed issues in just the forums or other parts of the site? As well, are you blocking ads or not. (I know for a fact that different ad servers in different parts of the country work at different speeds, this could, and most likely is why some of us don't experience a slow slight while others do.)

Auricauricle
10-26-2008, 01:05 PM
I've been using DSL....Seems to be working fairly well, all in all, but it begins to lag with files embedded with pics and audio files (no pun intended). Mebbe letting the pics remain for a week and then reassigning them to a downloadable file option (or whatever you call it) will help get things "unstuck".