Is it JUST me? "The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is it JUST me? "The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse"

Worf101
10-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Saw this one for the first time last night. Is it just me but is this entire movie just STUFFED with sexual double entendres? You have Edward G. Robinson cast completely cross character as the good Dr. Clitterhouse. The Doc is quiet, shy, bookish and completely soft yet brilliant shrink that joins a gang of criminals in order to perform research on the criminal mind. Interesting premise that holds up despite how ludicrous it sounds.

1. Say the good Dr's. name real fast and see what you get?

2. Bogart his antagonist's nick name is "Rocks". (I ain't makin' this up).

3. The rest of the gang have alias like "Tug", "Rabbit", "Popus Poopus", "Okay" "Pat Pal" and "CANDY"???

4. The police inspectors name is "Lewis Lane" and both he and she were created in 1938. Sheer coincidence? As "V" said, there ARE no coincidences.

All in all it's a pretty strange but fascinating picture. I wish they'd have made a series of these with Robinson as a dectecive instead of a Doctor so fascinated in research into the criminal mind that he becomes one.

Da Worfster

Rich-n-Texas
10-30-2008, 09:13 AM
"Is it JUST me?"

I'd say... YES. :smilewinkgrin:

DetroitIrish
10-30-2008, 12:59 PM
sir
put the pipe down!

did you by chance find this movie in the same section Rich has been frequenting lately?

3-LockBox
10-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Tell me, what is this 'clitterhouse'?

atomicAdam
11-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Tell me, what is this 'clitterhouse'?

IMDB my friend - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029864/

thekid
11-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I don't see what the flap is all about......

It is a chic flic that builds slowly with the back and forth friction between its two protagonists until it reaches its final climax........ :D

Rich-n-Texas
11-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Wait a second! What did you just say thekid? :eek:

Wits
11-02-2008, 06:03 AM
Is a double entendre about a double entendre a quadruple entendre?:ihih:

Rich-n-Texas
11-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Hi Wits. I'll have to think about that.:idea: