COMCAST Likes IKE! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : COMCAST Likes IKE!

Rich-n-Texas
10-21-2008, 03:26 PM
I was just watching a report on the local TV news that Comcast subscribers in the Houston area... WHO LOST THEIR HOMES are being charged for all of their equipment. People are getting $900+ bills with equipment charges on them. Comcast's response: (paraphrased) the homeowners should have looked through the debris.

Wow.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-21-2008, 03:36 PM
I was just watching a report on the local TV news that Comcast subscribers in the Houston area... WHO LOST THEIR HOMES are being charged for all of their equipment. People are getting $900+ bills with equipment charges on them. Comcast's response: (paraphrased) the homeowners should have looked through the debris.

Wow.

I am not surprised, but I also would not be surprised if the local government didn't step in and give them a slap for this.

Rich-n-Texas
10-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I am not surprised, but I also would not be surprised if the local government didn't step in and give them a slap for this.
I agree with this because, in the case of Verizon FIOS here where I live... "TV service is provided under franchise granted by:<TABLE class=boxTextBig cellSpacing=1 cols=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 Rows="1"><TBODY><TR width=""><TD class=font-33-dimgrey vAlign=top align=left>https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/BillView/unprotected/images/spacer.gifCity of Wylie, 2000 Highway 78 North...

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=boxTextBig cellSpacing=1 cols=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 Rows="1"><TBODY><TR width=""><TD class=font-33-dimgrey vAlign=top align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
so I'm sure the city will be stepping in.

These are tough economic times though so...

pixelthis
10-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Its a sign of the times.
Actually Comcast doesnt expect anybody to pay this, they were just thinking that the homeowners would claim it on their insurance.
IN any event, its a major PR faupaw, somebody is gonna get their
bleep nailed to the wall.:1: