You MUST do this ASAP! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : You MUST do this ASAP!

Swish
10-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Well, I'm hoping you do anyway. I was never a big Hall and Oates fan, but Daryl Hall has homes in England somewhere and also in New York, and invites a number of musician friends there to play and record their songs with him, which he then puts up on the internet. I found a couple of absolute gems that most of you, if not all, will really dig. When you get to the website, click on Archive and choose Episode 8 with T Bone and Nick Lowe, then listen to Cruel to Be Kind and then 'Time I Took a Holiday'. Great stuff, especially the sound on the first one. Three acoustic guitars and great harmonies. It doesn't get much better for me.

www.livefromdarylshouse.com

Swish - I approve this message

audiobill
10-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Well, Three acoustic guitars and great harmonies. It doesn't get much better for me.

www.livefromdarylshouse.com

Swish - I approve this message

Well who would have thought it possible: Darryl Hall.

Some excellent harmonies, Swish. Thoroughly digging the music. Btw., the harmonies are as good, if not quite as good as some of the Eagles' harmonies.

Heh, heh, heh,

Bill

Swish
10-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Well who would have thought it possible: Darryl Hall.

Some excellent harmonies, Swish. Thoroughly digging the music. Btw., the harmonies are as good, if not quite as good as some of the Eagles' harmonies.

Heh, heh, heh,

Bill

...pity click, so thanks brother. I was hoping to see some reaction, be it good, bad, or indifferent. I have a great set of speakers hooked up to my PC (Klipsch), and the sound quality was excellent considering the source.

The Eagles weren't the worst or anything, I just didn't care for them, and they got waaaaaay too much radio play. Hearing 'One of These Nights' or 'Hotel California' just makes me want to have my ears cut off.

As for the song 'Cruel to Be Kind', did you see the huge grin on Daryl's face at one point? He was having tons of fun, as would I, playing with those two guys. Great stuff, although I'm a Nick Lowe fan to begin with.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
10-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Here's a pity click you whiner.

I don't want to listen while I'm at work and I haven't been home much to tune into my home computer. But I am planning on listening. Maybe tonight.

Swish
10-22-2008, 05:37 AM
Here's a pity click you whiner.

I don't want to listen while I'm at work and I haven't been home much to tune into my home computer. But I am planning on listening. Maybe tonight.

...in there too. I think they were the most recent 'guests' at Daryl's in NYC. They're called 'Finger Eleven', but I've never heard of them to this point, and, fittingly, they're in Archive Episode Eleven.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
10-22-2008, 05:38 AM
...in there too. I think they were the most recent 'guests' at Daryl's in NYC. They're called 'Finger Eleven', but I've never heard of them to this point, and, fittingly, they're in Archive Episode Eleven.

Swish

Finger Eleven is an awesome band that you would hate. :)