This one went under the radar of Wal-Mart exclusives [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This one went under the radar of Wal-Mart exclusives

Mr Peabody
10-19-2008, 07:51 PM
When Journey came through town this past summer I heard they had a new album out, I went to Amazon who showed it but no info on purchase. I didn't think nothing about it thinking maybe it wasn't released yet and it slipped my mind until today when I saw it on WM's website and showing as an exclusive. The album is called Revolution and contains 3 discs, one a CD of new music with new singer, one CD of old Journey songs sung by new singer and a DVD of old Journey songs being sung by new singer in concert, deep breath. For some reason I couldn't get the samples to work. Any one hear any of this new material? All of that package for under $12.00 seems like a good deal but since no one has even played a song off the album I hesitate. I have almost every Journey album with Steve Perry I don't need those songs again with a stand in, even though he is supposed to be good. The website has a reviewer rating of over 4 out of 5 stars, but that could be all WM employees too.

I just thought it odd that all of the WM exclusives I seem to hear about, even REO Speedwagon whose album didn't do much but this Journey album just came in unnoticed. I was supposed to see them with Heart and Cheap Trick this summer but waited too long for lawn tickets and thought $85.00 to see three older bands was a bit much for reserve seats.

3-LockBox
10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
I have the Journey CD from Walmart...I listened to it once. You got anything you want to unload?

Mr Peabody
10-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Does have the 3 discs? I have a couple I was planning to sell.

Joe Cocker, Live (good song list, terrible sound quality)
Traffic, Mr. Fantasy
Within Temptation, (terrible sound quality, I can't remember the name)
Stan Getz, a best of
Stratovarius, not sure what title

Does the new stuff suck?

3-LockBox
10-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Its the three disc set, and the new stuff is fairly typical of their '80s output. Yes the Pineda dude can sing, and he's a dead ringer for Perry. The "best of" disc is rather redundant since they don't put any new twist on the old stuff; I guess they just wanted to show off the new guy.

Mr Peabody
10-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Did you see any of my fantastic titles you would trade for? I'd consider 2 for 1, probably better than i'd get trading them in at a store.