Speakers sound bright [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speakers sound bright

avgjoe
10-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Okay, so I recently bought a car and decided to go with the upgraded harman kardon system as the option. The speaker system sounds great. However, when I turn up the volume pretty loud, the speakers sound very bright, almost harsh. Are my tweeters blown or what's going on here? Also are car speakers like any other speakers, they need some time to mellow out?

Doc Sage
10-09-2008, 08:10 PM
May I assume that the speakers are the original equipment from the manufacturer?

1 - This may be because the original head unit was calibrated for these tweeters and...

2 - Your h/k system needs to be adjusted to them too. So...

Time to read the manual. Somewhere you will find an entry on how to adjust the various speaker levels.

Have fun,
Doc Sage

avgjoe
10-09-2008, 09:27 PM
unfortunately the only options are for reducing treble and bass. blown tweeters don't result in HARSH/Bright sound right?

Auricauricle
10-10-2008, 05:57 AM
Now you know why so many components and speakers are black.

basite
10-10-2008, 06:13 AM
welcome to the problem of car audio...

think about of how it would sound to place big speakers in a small, audio unfriendly room. Exactly, standing waves, resulting in an unbalanced, and depending on how audio unfriendly, harsh.

that, or your amplifier is clipping because you turned it up too loud...

BTW, don't play music too loud in your car, it's louder than you think it is, and quicker results in hearing damage...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.