Kerry's Foreign Endorsements? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's Foreign Endorsements?

tugmcmartin
03-12-2004, 08:45 AM
Here's a pretty good article on Kerry's recent assertion that several foreign leaders have told him recently that they want him to beat Bush. Pretty balanced view. Could have happened, but not very likely....

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040312-120719-7926r.htm

T-

JSE
03-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Wow, looks like Kerry may have fibbed a little? It will be interesting to see how the people who stated they dislike Bush because he is a liar will react. They definitely will not be able to support Kerry now, huh? :rolleyes: They would then be supporting a Liar.

JSE

bturk667
03-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Seems like nothing more than hyperbole!
JSE, don't you support a liar? Is there any proof that Kerry is lying? I mean any more than the proof of, say, WMD?
VIVA LA BUSH!

JSE
03-12-2004, 11:48 AM
JSE, don't you support a liar? Is there any proof that Kerry is lying? I mean any more than the proof of, say, WMD?
VIVA LA BUSH!

Actually, it was sarcasm. :confused:

JSE

jeskibuff
03-13-2004, 05:08 AM
Is there any proof that Kerry is lying? I mean any more than the proof of, say, WMD?Er, Bruno...don't you mean the proof that something doesn't exist because you haven't found it yet? :rolleyes:
Great article, Tug...just another "thin wafer" to add to the heap of Kerry's credibility problem. I love the rationalization at the end of the article: "I don't care what the Republicans are saying. The story here is the good will squandered by the Bush administration." In other words..."Please ignore all the details and just suck in the propaganda that we're pushing."

I personally believe that Kerry would be heartily endorsed by world leaders like Kim Jong Il and Yassir Arafat. Have we already forgotten about this glowing "endorsement" caught on film? :D
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3gmh2/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bus.jpg

FLZapped
03-13-2004, 05:55 AM
VIVA LA BUSH!

WMD, did you say WMD(?), let's see what Kerry believed, before he decided to run for president:

In January 2003, Kerry Described Threat Of Saddam Hussein With WMD As Real. “[W]e need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. We all know the litany of his offenses. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. … And now he is miscalculating America’s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. That is why the world, through the United Nations Security Council, has spoken with one voice, demanding that Iraq disclose its weapons programs and disarm. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but it is not new. It has been with us since the end of the Persian Gulf War.” (Senator John Kerry, Remarks At Georgetown University, Washington, DC, 1/23/03)

Just Before Voting To Authorize Use Of Force, Kerry Described Iraq’s WMD As “Real And Grave Threat.” “Mr. Kerry … said Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction posed ‘a real and grave threat’ to the United States.” (Dave Boyer, “Key Senators Of Both Parties Back Bush On Iraq War,” The Washington Times, 10/10/02; H.J. Res. 114, CQ Vote #237: Passed 77-23: R 48-1; D 29-21; I 0-1, 10/11/02, Kerry Voted Yea)

After Four Years On Intelligence Committee, Kerry Urged U.N. To Eliminate Iraq’s “Suspected Infrastructure For Developing And Manufacturing” WMD. “The Security Council should authorize a strong UN military response that will materially damage, if not totally destroy, as much as possible of the suspected infrastructure for developing and manufacturing weapons of mass destruction … Saddam Hussein has intentionally or inadvertently set up a test which the entire world will be watching, and if he gets away with this arrogant ploy, he will have terminated the most important multilateral effort to defuse a legitimate threat to global security.’” (“US Lawmakers Threaten Military Action Against Iraq,” Agence France Presse, 12/12/97)

In 1998, Kerry Said Saddam Had Used WMD And Intended “To Do So” Again. “Saddam Hussein has already used these weapons and has made it clear that he has the intent to continue to try, by virtue of his duplicity and secrecy, to continue to do so. That is a threat to the stability of the Middle East. It is a threat with respect to the potential of terrorist activities on a global basis. It is a threat even to regions near but not exactly in the Middle East.” (Senator John Kerry, Press Conference, 2/23/98)

Kerry Defended Clinton’s 1998 (unilateral -B)Attacks Because Saddam “Is Pursuing … Weapons Of Mass Destruction.” “Americans need to really understand the gravity and legitimacy of what is happening with Saddam Hussein. He has been given every opportunity in the world to comply. The president does not control the schedule of UNSCOM. The president did not withdraw the UNSCOM inspectors. And the president did not, obviously, cut a deal with Saddam Hussein to do this at this moment. Saddam Hussein has not complied. Saddam Hussein is pursuing a program to build weapons of mass destruction.”(Senator John Kerry, Press Conference, 12/16/98)

In 1990, Kerry Said “Iraq Has Developed A Chemical Weapons Capability.” “Today, we are confronted by a regional power, Iraq, which has attacked a weaker state, Kuwait. ... The crisis is even more threatening by virtue of the fact that Iraq has developed a chemical weapons capability, and is pursuing a nuclear weapons development program. And Saddam Hussein has demonstrated a willingness to use such weapons of mass destruction in the past, whether in his war against Iran or against his own Kurdish population.” (Sen. John Kerry, Congressional Record, 10/2/90, p. S14330)

I hilighted a few key phrases for closer examination...

-Bruce :rolleyes:

bturk667
03-14-2004, 09:17 AM
I don not need to find the WMD! I did not take us into an unjust war! Seems to me that Bush needs to find them more than I do!

bturk667
03-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Well, not everyone believed in then did they? I for one didn't. So far I'm right and Bush is wrong!

Widowmaker
03-16-2004, 11:04 AM
VIVA LA BUSH!

Regarding Kerry, I find it scary that a foreign power may be in cahoots with a domestic candidate, sort of like Clinton taking donations of people with connections to China. BTW, I'd be very interested in knowing who the foreign leaders are who endorse Kerry. Is it Kim Jongil? Castro?

Regarding the Iraq war, do I wish our intelligence was better? Yes. Do I wish that we had a better postwar occupation plan? Definitely yes. The bottom line here is that while mistakes were made, a lot of good will come out of this. Saddam Hussein was a bad guy and he had to go, WMD or not. Thanks to us, the Iraqi people have more hope for the future and a dangerous despot is gone. What would have happened if the other side had prevailed? Saddam Hussein would still be in power, filling up his mass graves and stealing money from his own people while France, Germany, and the liberals turn a jaundiced eye to all of it.

FLZapped
03-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Regarding Kerry, I find it scary that a foreign power may be in cahoots with a domestic candidate, sort of like Clinton taking donations of people with connections to China. BTW, I'd be very interested in knowing who the foreign leaders are who endorse Kerry. Is it Kim Jongil? Castro?

Regarding the Iraq war, do I wish our intelligence was better? Yes. Do I wish that we had a better postwar occupation plan? Definitely yes. The bottom line here is that while mistakes were made, a lot of good will come out of this. Saddam Hussein was a bad guy and he had to go, WMD or not. Thanks to us, the Iraqi people have more hope for the future and a dangerous despot is gone. What would have happened if the other side had prevailed? Saddam Hussein would still be in power, filling up his mass graves and stealing money from his own people while France, Germany, and the liberals turn a jaundiced eye to all of it.

If Kerry were in charge, not only would Hussein still be in power, but still in Kuwait.

-Bruce

mtrycraft
03-17-2004, 04:19 PM
If Kerry were in charge, not only would Hussein still be in power, but still in Kuwait.

-Bruce

Is this testable? :)

FLZapped
03-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Is this testable? :)

Yes, it's in the congressional record. He voted NO.

--Bruce