Why do I love this place? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why do I love this place?

ForeverAutumn
10-07-2008, 05:29 AM
Because I can tell you that I'm going to see Ray Lamontagne tonight and some of you will share my excitement.

When I tell my friends or co-workers they just stare blankly at me and say, "who?".

GMichael
10-07-2008, 05:38 AM
Who?:skep:

jasn
10-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Because I can tell you that I'm going to see Ray Lamontagne tonight and some of you will share my excitement.

When I tell my friends or co-workers they just stare blankly at me and say, "who?".
I know just what you mean. Years back, having lunch in the corner window seat at the Top of the Pru in Boston with a bunch of business associates and talking about the next big thing in electric power, I kept wondering to myself how it would go over if I blurted out "I'm going the see The Cure at The Orpheum tonight!", which was all I could think about at the time. I decided it would not help my career path and chose to remain silent. BTW, the show was great!. :)

Say Hi! to Ray for us.

Duds
10-07-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm betting you would say the same about a lot of the bands i listen to as well, or bands that others on this site listen to.

not picking a fight, just saying it happens to everyone.

ForeverAutumn
10-07-2008, 12:25 PM
That's true. But the difference is that I, and others on this site, would say, "who?" and then go look them up. Whereas most other people would say, "who? never heard of him. Do they play him on the radio? No? Oh, he mustn't be very good then". Then they would walk away and that would be the end of it.

It's that mentality of the people here wanting to learn about the unknown artist that I love. It's that somebody here, anybody here, might know who he is that I love. When not one person in my 'real' life outside of my husband and brother (because I made them listen) has ever heard him or even cares that they've never heard him.

audiobill
10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
not one person in my 'real' life outside of my husband and brother (because I made them listen) has ever heard him or even cares

Hey that's not true FA.

I've heard of him and I am truly envious that I'm not going.

Another person from your "real" life - Bill

Rich-n-Texas
10-07-2008, 12:39 PM
That's true. But the difference is that I, and others on this site, would say, "who?" and then go look them up. Whereas most other people would say, "who? never heard of him. Do they play him on the radio? No? Oh, he mustn't be very good then". Then they would walk away and that would be the end of it.

It's that mentality of the people here wanting to learn about the unknown artist that I love. It's that somebody here, anybody here, might know who he is that I love. When not one person in my 'real' life outside of my husband and brother (because I made them listen) has ever heard him or even cares that they've never heard him.
I don't understand this. :confused5:

Duds
10-07-2008, 12:42 PM
that's an excellent point, and very true!

ForeverAutumn
10-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey that's not true FA.

I've heard of him and I am truly envious that I'm not going.

Another person from your "real" life - Bill

Ooops. I stand corrected. :) But I think that meeting you here makes you an exception (and exceptional).

Sorry that you couldn't make it Bill. But you've seen Wilco and I haven't so call it even on the jealousy thing.

Swish
10-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Ooops. I stand corrected. :) But I think that meeting you here makes you an exception (and exceptional).

Sorry that you couldn't make it Bill. But you've seen Wilco and I haven't so call it even on the jealousy thing.

...I'm way out in front. :ciappa:

Swish - a man on a mission

Slosh
10-07-2008, 03:37 PM
I like pie.

NP: (haven't broke this one out in a while)

Swish
10-07-2008, 04:50 PM
NP: (haven't broke this one out in a while)

I mean the Stone quote when he isn't even in the effin thread.

Swish - I build my canopy of steel, It fulfills my sense of real, a chrome protection

bobsticks
10-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Swish looks like Al Gore in drag

Must be magic.

Swish
10-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I love to dress in drag and walk the streets of Indy.

I often marvel at stuff I don't care to investigate further so others teach me.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
10-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Swish looks like Al Gore in drag

Must be magic.

LMAO! I tried to chicket you but apparently I need to hand out more chicklets before you can have one.

Oh, and BTW, another reason that I love this place is the sense of humour of the folks around here.

bobsticks
10-08-2008, 05:22 AM
Thanks anyway, m'lady. I appreciate the kind thoughts.

GMichael
10-08-2008, 05:24 AM
LMAO! I tried to chicket you but apparently I need to hand out more chicklets before you can have one.

Oh, and BTW, another reason that I love this place is the sense of humour of the folks around here.

Huh? Who?

bobsticks
10-08-2008, 05:30 AM
I often marvel at stuff I don't care to investigate further so others teach me.

Swish

Well sorta, Swisheroo...'cepting you said folks that hadn't made an appearance yet...which I clearly had.

Let's try again:

Who was that nice, drunken man behind the counter? I think his name was Swish. He was so helpful and makes the best double moch latte half espresso milky, creamy Paruguayian okapi bean Vinte Schwizzle ever. I just want to take him home and tie him up. I love it here at Starbucks.

Swish
10-08-2008, 05:38 AM
So I took the blue dress to the cleaners and they were able to remove the stain and also found a wad of bills in the pocket. Bonus!

Perhaps one day I will be as skilled on the net as you and Slosh.

Swish

bobsticks
10-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Very nice, sir.