Bi-wirable speakers - but no link.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bi-wirable speakers - but no link..

spaceboy_psy
10-06-2008, 05:31 AM
Hi there, I'm in need of some expertise!

Got bi-wirable JPW ML-310s, which I don't intend to bi-wire, but they have no copper/whatever link between the sets of lugs...

I guess I'll have to make a link out of speaker cable will I? But wondered what happens if you connect to one set of lugs without linking them? does only the woofer or tweeter get fed signal?

Thanks everyone!

Feanor
10-06-2008, 08:12 AM
... But wondered what happens if you connect to one set of lugs without linking them? does only the woofer or tweeter get fed signal?

Thanks everyone!
Yep, thats right: you won't get any sound from the unconnected driver.

Welcome to AR.

spaceboy_psy
10-06-2008, 08:31 AM
cooly, got them bi-wired now actually, but with rubbish cable, will compare with single-wired with good cable... I'm thinking the latter will come out best...

captjamo
10-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Welcome spaceboy, if you have a 7.1 AV receiver and you are 5.1 or will be someday you will possibly be able to use your surround back channels to bi-amp those speakers. Check your settings menu for such a setting. Some are saying they are getting good results in other threads here.

spaceboy_psy
10-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the suggestion - but just the two speakers for me right now. Music system rather than video. Good idea though!

Old Rusty
10-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Couldn't agree more with the bi-amp suggestion. Just finished bi-amping a pair of PSB Century 800i speakers and the results are very satisfactory. Used an old Yamaha M-35, 4-channel amp to do mine & sweet, sweet candy came out of my speakers.