Blindness [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blindness

ForeverAutumn
10-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Is anyone else looking forward to this movie? Has anyone here read the book (highly recommended BTW).

I loved this book and am very curious to see how they approach telling the story on film. The book is quite a strong societal and political statement but certainly has the potential to be apocolyptical crap for Hollywood. The trailers give me hope but, unfortunately, It'll be another two weeks before I get to see it. I hope it lasts in the theatres that long!

Kam
10-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Is anyone else looking forward to this movie? Has anyone here read the book (highly recommended BTW).

I loved this book and am very curious to see how they approach telling the story on film. The book is quite a strong societal and political statement but certainly has the potential to be apocolyptical crap for Hollywood. The trailers give me hope but, unfortunately, It'll be another two weeks before I get to see it. I hope it lasts in the theatres that long!

i'm definitely looking forward to it as well! i loved Children of Men and am curious how he follows that up with this one. heading to go pick up the book today!

edit: Meant City of God, not children of men.

Auricauricle
10-02-2008, 10:32 AM
I am looking forward to this, what seems to be, as challenging a movie to watch as the book is to read.

From what I gather, it's a fitting rejoiner to the maxim, "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Or something to that effect.