PS3 owners having issues watching Ironman? Here is the fix. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PS3 owners having issues watching Ironman? Here is the fix.

JeffKnob
10-01-2008, 10:08 AM
I got this movie yesterday and put it in. The movie got stuck while loading. I found a solution to that. All you need to do is turn off your internet connection on the PS3. It will load just fine then.

L.J.
10-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Has something to do with the BD-Live. You can disable BD-Live in the BD settings menu and still keep your internet connection, should play fine after that.

Seems that some people aren't having any issues and some are. Apparently, there's a corrected disc out there as well. This is just from reading threads though, nothing official.

Rich-n-Texas
10-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Hmmm... I guess I'll find out soon enough.

pixelthis
10-01-2008, 10:35 PM
HAVENT had a prob with my BD-300 and this movie yet.
OF COURSE THATS BECAUSE THE STUPID RENTAL stores
have precisely one copy each.
GOT THERE at opening time and it was still too late!
!@#$%$^&*!!!
ME LOOKING FOR Ironman...:1:

Rich-n-Texas
10-02-2008, 04:01 AM
This BD-Live feature is a Disney thing. I saw TV commercials last night for it. Among other things it allows you to interact with friends on-screen while the movie's playing. There might be some handshake issues (wild guess) that Sony & Disney need to work out.

The one I purchased from Amazon has a "shipping estimate" of Oct. 6.

captjamo
10-02-2008, 02:56 PM
The one I purchased from Amazon has a "shipping estimate" of Oct. 6

me too, mine too

pixelthis
10-02-2008, 09:33 PM
This BD-Live feature is a Disney thing. I saw TV commercials last night for it. Among other things it allows you to interact with friends on-screen while the movie's playing. There might be some handshake issues (wild guess) that Sony & Disney need to work out.

The one I purchased from Amazon has a "shipping estimate" of Oct. 6.

I haave seen several with BD-LIVE and wasnt aware that its a "Disney
thang".
Anyway, heard today that a lot had to go back, the lady at the rental
store (also a Blu fan) said that they were "corrupted"
whatever that means.
ANYHOW I wouldnt buy a copy right now, might wanta wait awhile.:1:

nightflier
10-09-2008, 01:59 PM
it allows you to interact with friends on-screen while the movie's playing.

Why would I want to do that? This is another one of those "features" I can do without. Movie watching is something I like to do in the comfort of my home, with my family and/or friends, but the thought of a chat window popping up while I'm enjoying a good movie & some popcorn on my couch is asinine. And how am I supposed to respond? By typing out "Leave me the frack alone!" using the number pad on the remote?

Rich-n-Texas
10-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Why would I want to do that? This is another one of those "features" I can do without. Movie watching is something I like to do in the comfort of my home, with my family and/or friends, but the thought of a chat window popping up while I'm enjoying a good movie & some popcorn on my couch is asinine. And how am I supposed to respond? By typing out "Leave me the frack alone!" using the number pad on the remote?
Uhhh... No. Just don't select to configure it at load time. It's free. It comes with the set. It adds value to the cost. Do you have any kids? :frown2:

nightflier
10-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Uhhh... No. Just don't select to configure it at load time. It's free. It comes with the set. It adds value to the cost. Do you have any kids? :frown2:

This is one of those features that I'm going to guess most people won't have any use for. Yes, I have kids, but while they are still young, I imagine that when they're older they could just as easily text their friends on their cell phones while they're watching a movie. Another point is that the two households would have to be watching the same movie to make this of any use. Pretty lame feature, if you ask me.

Let me put it this way: is anyone, I mean anyone at all out there going to use it for anything more than "trying it out for novelty's sake"? Let's be honest folks, this is one feature that is hoping to create a need where there currently is none.

kexodusc
10-10-2008, 09:21 AM
This is one of those features that I'm going to guess most people won't have any use for. Yes, I have kids, but while they are still young, I imagine that when they're older they could just as easily text their friends on their cell phones while they're watching a movie. Another point is that the two households would have to be watching the same movie to make this of any use. Pretty lame feature, if you ask me.

Let me put it this way: is anyone, I mean anyone at all out there going to use it for anything more than "trying it out for novelty's sake"? Let's be honest folks, this is one feature that is hoping to create a need where there currently is none.
Sums up my thoughts...

Rich-n-Texas
10-10-2008, 09:48 AM

You're entitled to your opinion. But that's all I see it as.

nightflier
10-10-2008, 11:08 AM
So here's another question, could one get a ticket for using this feature on their car BR player?

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/26/panasonic-showcases-in-dash-blu-ray-head-unit/

(provided you use it while driving)

Tex, will you be getting one of these?

Rich-n-Texas
10-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Nope. Watching movies while driving a car in Texas is illegal.

I'm sure that's not the case in La La land though is it? :p

pixelthis
10-10-2008, 01:13 PM
You're entitled to your opinion. But that's all I see it as.

You still pay for it.
Aint nothin "free".:1:

Rich-n-Texas
10-10-2008, 02:29 PM
No pix, I didn't say: You're entitled to your... payment, I said: You're entitled to your opinion. :cool:

pixelthis
10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=Rich-n-Texas]No pix, I didn't say: You're entitled to your... payment, I said: You're entitled to your opinion.

pixelthis
10-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Really, they spent a lot on this BD LIVE craappola, ands other
"features" nobody needs, you think they're gonna eat that?
What about us movie watchers who just wanna watch a friggin movie.
Iron man is 29 bucks, and while a great movie not worth that.
You could shave off ten bucks if you left off the documentaries,
gimmicks, etc.
And I wouldn't have to wait two weeks to hit the lottery and finally
be able to get one of the four rental copies in town.
SHEEESE!!:1:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-13-2008, 09:42 AM
First, BD live is NOT a Disney thing, its a bluray thing. It is part of the specs for bluray. Second, the loading problem with the Iron Man disc is not a disc problem, but a server problem at Paramount. The server problem has been solved.

Nobody wants BD-live? I don't think so. The response has been so overwhelming for BD live, every one of the studios have been forced to add more servers to keep what happened to Iron Man from happening to other discs. The studios have admitted that they highly underestimated their projections of BD live usage.

Rich-n-Texas
10-13-2008, 10:35 AM
First, BD live is NOT a Disney thing, its a bluray thing. It is part of the specs for bluray. Second, the loading problem with the Iron Man disc is not a disc problem, but a server problem at Paramount. The server problem has been solved.
I corrected myself, but I did so in a different thread.

Edit: Here it is...

By the way, somewhere in a thread I stated that BD Live was a Disney thing. It's not. It's a Blue-ray Disk Association thing. I saw a TV commercial about Snow White on BD which included mention of BD Live and some of it's features, so I mistakenly assiociated it with Disney.

That is all.

Nobody wants BD-live? I don't think so. The response has been so overwhelming for BD live, every one of the studios have been forced to add more servers to keep what happened to Iron Man from happening to other discs. The studios have admitted that they highly underestimated their projections of BD live usage.
I haven't even played around with it yet. Maybe I'll do so tonite.

Pix, Iron Man was $25 when I purchased it through Amazon. It's a two disk set. AFAIK, that's the only way you can buy it right now.

pixelthis
10-13-2008, 09:11 PM
I corrected myself, but I did so in a different thread.

Edit: Here it is...

I haven't even played around with it yet. Maybe I'll do so tonite.

Pix, Iron Man was $25 when I purchased it through Amazon. It's a two disk set. AFAIK, that's the only way you can buy it right now.

Still kinda high(not mr g's KINDA HIGH)
Thereis a single disc DVD that is cheaper.
The two disc is 29.95 at walfart.
With the comic book, etc, a buncha crap you dont need.
Still not as bad as Bladerunner, with its five discs.:1:

Rich-n-Texas
10-14-2008, 04:25 AM
Still kinda high(not mr g's KINDA HIGH)
I don't think it's that bad. A LOT of new technology in the BD set.

Thereis a single disc DVD that is cheaper.
DVD? Whatsa DVD? DVD is dead! :hand:

The two disc is 29.95 at walfart.
With the comic book, etc, a buncha crap you dont need.
Still not as bad as Bladerunner, with its five discs.:1:
:lol: I can think of a few here who'd LOVE that comic book.

pixelthis
10-14-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't think it's that bad. A LOT of new technology in the BD set.

[QUOTE]DVD? Whatsa DVD? DVD is dead! :hand:

Not really, just assumed cracker Barrel Tv episode tree status

:lol: I can think of a few here who'd LOVE that comic book.

I can think of a few here who would have trouble reading that comic
book.
How much comic can it be stuck in a DVD box?:1: