Guilty Pleasures [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasures

02audionoob
09-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Although Guilty Pleasures by Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb isn't one of my guilty pleasures, Streisand's earliest recordings are. Stoney End, especially. Anyone else got some guilty pleasures? Maybe you're planning to spin Men Without Hats this evening? :ihih:

ForeverAutumn
10-01-2008, 05:15 AM
My guilty pleasures consist mainly of 80's hair bands. I like me a little Poison to work out to. And Jon Bon Jovi can rock my world anytime. :ihih:

bfalls
10-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Although Guilty Pleasures by Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb isn't one of my guilty pleasures, Streisand's earliest recordings are. Stoney End, especially. Anyone else got some guilty pleasures? Maybe you're planning to spin Men Without Hats this evening? :ihih:

I haven't heard this album, but understand what you mean. I did really enjoy their earlier collaboration "Guilty" which went multi-Platinum. Barbara has been a favorite for many years. I worked for CBS from 1976 - 1981. "Guilty" was the first album chosen for their "Masterwork" label, which recorded audiophile quality cassettes. The recordings were as good as they get. We used CR02 tape, high-quality cartridges and ultra-quiet recording amps. The recording speed was reduced from 40X to 16X. "Guilty" was my favorite album for some time.

Troy
10-01-2008, 07:42 AM
I don't believe in guilty pleasures.

You either like something or you don't. If you are embarrassed about liking something and won't tell people that you like it, then I question how much you actually like it.

I'm a big fan of 70s progrock, generally considered the most pretentious, bloated and annoying branch of the rock tree. I also dig cheesy 60s film music, early all-Moog albums, klezmer-rock, 50s crime jazz and lounge jazz, Burt Bacharach, Esquivel AND Men Without Hats.

Over the years I've taken a lot of heat from co-workers and other friends for my weird and eclectic taste in music. But no one has ever made me feel guilty for liking what I like.

People who try to make you feel guilty for liking something are the ones with the problem, not you.

Stone
10-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Pop Goes the World, sucka.

Mr MidFi
10-02-2008, 05:33 AM
The resident indie hipsters would consider half my collection to be "guilty pleasures". The most objectionable thing in my collection right now is probably Neil Diamond singing "Holly Holy" from his Hot August Night live set. I downloaded it the day after I watched the Jane Campion film, Holy Smoke.