Hey Troy. I stand by my early statements. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Troy. I stand by my early statements.

Swish
09-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Remember when you said 'Yeah, the Cowgirls are the class of the league right now. But I just don't believe in the Gints. They almost gave the game to the Bengals last week. The Eagles are too fragile to perform at top levels through the whole season, and the Skins are a .500 club at best. I'm not sure there is a "toughest division" right now. Every div has some good and bad teams.'

Well, the 'class of the league' just lost, at home, to a '.500 club at best', and if the Eagles win tonight, this will be a fantastic football weekend for me. With USC, Georgia, Florida and Wisconsin losing, Penn State moves into the top 10.

Like I said before, the Cowboys have proved nothing yet, and losing to the Skins at home is proof that they're not as good as advertised.

Swish - feeling fine

02audionoob
09-28-2008, 04:57 PM
he Cowboys have proved nothing yet, and losing to the Skins at home is proof that they're not as good as advertised.

I'm a long-time Cowboys fan and even I'd agree with that. I'm not entirely sure the Eagles have proved much, either.

3-LockBox
09-28-2008, 07:54 PM
if the Eagles win tonight (by gaining a mere 12" on 4th and goal) , this will be a fantastic football weekend for me.

QUICK! hit the delete button!!!!!!!!!!!

Troy
09-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Audionoob is right, after today, neither team looks like they're all that. Is Chicago that great? Please. Next thing you'll be telling me is how great the Skins had to be to beat the Cowflops. Baloney.

Frankly, the overall mediocre play and losses by both teams certainly plays into my notion that the NFC east clearly isn't all the "toughest division in the league", now, doesn't it?

No one expected Dallas to go undefeated. Losing to a traditional division opponent who knows your tendencies better than everyone else in the league, even though they are supposed to be the inferior team, is extremely common. Ask Denver today, too. And almost San Diego. The Cowgirl loss (or even Denver's) today is not that shocking, really. It's actually pretty normal.

The Cowbots are still one of a handful of the best teams in the league. I'm not about to downgrade them because of one game. Lets talk again is they lose 3 out of 5. OTOH, your Iggles are in last place . . .

Ex Lion Tamer
09-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Frankly, the overall mediocre play and losses by both teams certainly plays into my notion that the NFC east clearly isn't all the "toughest division in the league", now, doesn't it?

I don't know Troy, I can't think of a division that has the quality top to bottom of the NFC East, can you???

Troy
09-29-2008, 10:27 AM
I don't know Troy, I can't think of a division that has the quality top to bottom of the NFC East, can you???

Well, like I said in the other thread, I don't actually think there IS a definite powerhouse division in the NFL at the moment. Seems like pretty much every division has good teams and mediocre (or worse) teams. There's teams with 3 or 4 wins all over the country. There's a whole pile of current 2-2 teams that will have winning records this year.

No argument, the NFC east is one of the better divisions, but he NFC South seems pretty solid too. So does the AFC south (especially if you're like me and most of the TV talking heads who think the Colts will improve and make a playoff run).

All the media bleating that the NFC east is the "best in the league" and it's constant, year in, year out, focus on the NFC east in general, is a product of all the national sports media being concentrated in the northeast. The Gints and their incredibly lucky playoff run last year only feeds that frenzy.

I remember when Seattle won the NFC Championship a few years ago, how shocked the media was. Being a west coast guy, I could see it coming, but, as usual, the sports media was only concentrating on it's beloved NFC east.

3-LockBox
09-29-2008, 03:11 PM
I remember when Seattle won the NFC Championship a few years ago, how shocked the media was. Being a west coast guy, I could see it coming, but, as usual, the sports media was only concentrating on it's beloved NFC east.

Some teams make better print than others. Seattle just doesn't have enough malcontents nor do they have a "maverick" owner. But yer right about the media bias and the NFC east. But how does that account for the media's love affair of all things Dallas...oh yeah...that's right, Dallas is still in the NFC East allignment. For some reason, Dallas didn't get moved to the NFC South when the league realigned...well, "they" know best.

I thinks its way way too early to crown anyone. Over the last few seasons, we've seen that almost any team is capable of going out a laying an egg or three. Just about every team gets blown out at least once a year.

And a lot of teams have prima donnas on their squad. Hear what TO said about his involvement in the loss? See Plaxico stomping his feet and holding his breath? Yeah, he was a good boy last year, but remember him from years past? Pittsburg got tired of his crap. He was crying worse than Tiki Barber just two seasons ago, while he (Burress) was dropping passes left and right. (BTW, I absolutely love watching Barber eat crow). NYG and Dallas will both be embroiled in drama again this season.

I'll go on record and say the Seahawks will start the NYG slide this week by upsetting the Giants in the Meadowlands. At least I hope they do.

Meanwhile my other team (my real home team) the Titans sure do look good, but something tells me that first time Collins has a bad game (and he will) they'll start calling for Young to come back, and there'll be wailing and nashing of teeth in Nashville.

Swish
09-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Audionoob is right, after today, neither team looks like they're all that. Is Chicago that great? Please. Next thing you'll be telling me is how great the Skins had to be to beat the Cowflops. Baloney.

No one expected Dallas to go undefeated. Losing to a traditional division opponent who knows your tendencies better than everyone else in the league, even though they are supposed to be the inferior team, is extremely common. Ask Denver today, too. And almost San Diego. The Cowgirl loss (or even Denver's) today is not that shocking, really. It's actually pretty normal.

The Cowbots are still one of a handful of the best teams in the league. I'm not about to downgrade them because of one game. Lets talk again is they lose 3 out of 5. OTOH, your Iggles are in last place . . .

...rather easily. Twice the rushing yards, more passing yards, more first downs, 2 missed FGs, and the stoooopid play calling when they had 1st and goal? Come on. Chicago should have won their previous 2 games and lost this one. Home dirt means a lot, and had the Eagles been a little smarter, and had Westbrook, it would be a W.

The Eagles will be fine. Mark my words!

Swish