Outlaw 997 pre/pro announced [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw 997 pre/pro announced

nightflier
09-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Don't know if it will be out before x-mas, but here's a announcement signup and some specs on the new pre/pro from Outlaw:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/997.html

It appears it will be using the same technologies as the new Sherwood Newcastle R-972 Audio Video Receiver, unveiled at CEDIA, including the much vaulted Trinnov technology, which Outlaw claims is a significant improvement in sound technology:

"We consider the Trinnov system to be a "disruptive technology" in that the dramatic improvements it brings to the listening experience are substantial enough to be game changers. You'll have to wait a bit to hear it for yourself, but in the meantime you may learn more about what Trinnov technology does, and why we feel it is so important, by reading the information available at: http://trinnov.com/optimizer.php."

Let's just hope they can deliver their long-awaited (read: long-delayed) 997 pre/pro in time and at a competitive price...

elapsed
09-25-2008, 10:39 AM
From an email I received from Outlaw this morning:

"The introduction date for the Model 997 will be determined once the initial production of the Sherwood Newcastle R-972 AV Receiver is completed. Delivery of the first Model 997's will follow shortly thereafter. At the present time, our estimate for the ship date is close to the very end of this year or early in January 2009. Please understand that this is our best estimate based upon what we know today and, as with all new technology products, it is subject to change. We'll keep you posted on this date as we move into late autumn, and we will open a reservation list when the release date becomes "hardened".

As to the Model 997's price, we are working on the final costs but, as previously announced, it will be about twice the current price of the Model 990, with an estimated "introductory price" of $1,399. Don't forget, original Model 990 or Model 970 owners will receive a $200 discount from the Model 997's price."

cheers,
elapsed

nightflier
09-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Oops, I guess I should have read the whole email before posting (the office-gossip-tattle-tale walked in so I had to cut it short).

Thanks for clarifying that.

bobsticks
09-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Along with the new Rotel gears, this might be the most interesting line to come out this year.

Are they still producing the RR2150 or a derivative therof?

elapsed
09-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Yup Outlaw are still producing the RR2150 stereo receiver. I wish Outlaw would remove the ugly retro frontplate! Maybe standardize the look with their line of pre-pro and poweramp's which are very nice to look at. Also would be nice if they would build an integrated, this would sell very well!

cheers,
elapsed

bobsticks
09-25-2008, 04:23 PM
I kinda dig the ugly retro faceplate...but that's how I roll.

pixelthis
09-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Yup Outlaw are still producing the RR2150 stereo receiver. I wish Outlaw would remove the ugly retro frontplate! Maybe standardize the look with their line of pre-pro and poweramp's which are very nice to look at. Also would be nice if they would build an integrated, this would sell very well!

cheers,
elapsed

ODD, first complaint I have heard about the faceplate, most (myself included) think its kinda cool.
So the new prepro is a clone of the Sherwood?
At least they are cloning quality.
Its been awhile but they were soscrewed over by the rapid shift to HDMI, that beautiful pre-pro of theirs at the right price , with DVI
switching!
Guess this is the pre-pro I have been looking for for the step up to seperates, guess my receiver will power it until I can afford an amp.
TIME to start stuffing the penny jar, guess they'll miss me at the track.:1: