anybody got the new Kings of Leon? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anybody got the new Kings of Leon?

dean_martin
09-23-2008, 04:54 PM
It's supposed to be out today, but I didn't make it out to the tunes store. heck, I haven't even heard the new single that apparently has been airing on radio for the last few weeks.

hope to get to the store this week. just wondering if you've heard it yet and what you think about it.

3-LockBox
09-23-2008, 09:06 PM
I heard parts of it...thought it was pretty good. Very similar to their last one from what I heard, maybe not as raw.

dean_martin
09-25-2008, 11:37 AM
I haven't given the last one (Because of the Times) a chance. I read an interview, in Stereophile of all places, in which they said they were getting away from the Southern Boogie Rock of their first two albums. That's what I like though. Enough toe-tappin' energy to get me to dancin' (not saying that's a pretty sight). I did pick up the new one and after accepting the fact that they're moving in new directions I liked most of it the first time through - darker and heavier than my favorites from them. I'll go back and give Because of the Times a chance when time permits.

Finch Platte
09-25-2008, 01:03 PM
I've got it, and I think I like it. What disturbs me the most is that parts of it sound real familiar- Caleb sings a line, repeats it many times, and it's stuck in my ear for the rest of the day. I don't know if this means I'll get sick of it real quick or what. I like the way he phrases things- it's different.

Some of it sounds real U2-ish, too, the way the guitar is going thru effects. The drummer & singer pretty much neutralize this, tho. :thumbsup:

I hear they're really trying to make it big in the US. It may take more than this disc, tho.

fp