Any experience with Fluance? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Fluance?

Mr Peabody
09-22-2008, 07:31 PM
A friend of mine, a poor friend, could use some speakers for his modest HT set up. I was looking at the Paradigm Atom and recommended center and surrounds but this may even be more than what he can do. I was checking out the Fluance speakers and they are crazy low priced, almost too good to be true. Are these any good and what would they compare to? Some of them look to be on the inefficient side which is counter productive for budget gear. But price and warrant is good.

Worf101
09-23-2008, 03:34 AM
Sherman here (sorry couldn't resist). Fluance appeared on ebay about 7 or 8 years ago selling 5.1 packages at ridiculously low prices. Mass produced Chinese junk. Cheap cabinets, tinny drivers and overall bad quality. They "seem" to have improved their lot a bit as they're now advertising here and other places. Personally I'd recommend buying decent used speakers on the bay before buying Fluance new or used.

Da Worfster

GMichael
09-23-2008, 05:01 AM
I would look for either the Infinity Primus line or the JBL Northridge series. Both have discontinued some models that can be picked up cheap if found. I have both in my home and they are very good bang for the buck speakers. I was able to buy a couple pair of the JBL E-20's for $40 a pair a year or two ago. The Infinity Primus 150's should be cheap too if you can still find them.