Hello and Best Sounds for everybody [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Best Sounds for everybody

Hardy Krueger
09-17-2008, 11:18 PM
A short hello and I look forward to learn about our hobby/passion from fellow members.
I have been passionate about HiFi since my father took me to visit his friend's FM radio broadcasting studio. I heard a classical symphonic piece played from a Deutsche Gramophon Gessellschaft record on a Thorens turntable, connected to a Telefunken mixer and broadcasting transmitter. The monitor speakers were large Wharfedale concert series and the cabinets had double walls, with the space between them filled with fine sand. No coloration from those boxes! Anyway, the rest has been a slow and time-permitting quest for decent sound, including assembling my first sound system when I was 17 years young. Father imported -we lived abroad- a 45Wpc Stereo integrated amplifier (Lafayette Kit). Also a pair of Lafayette 10" coaxial speakers, and I then built the best cabinets I could come up with. I used a bass reflex design with indirect path chamber and round opening, I used solid maple 22mm thick boards braced, glued, brass screws and hand-sewn, cotton-filled mats affixed with cloth ribbons, for sound attenuation. Again greetings and shall stay in touch.

Hardy

L.J.
09-18-2008, 06:55 AM
Welcome to AR Hardy!

bobsticks
09-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Looking forward to readin' some of that ol' school wisdom. Welcome to the gang Hardy.

--sticks

mbbuchanan
09-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Welcome!!!