could not find the intro forum [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : could not find the intro forum

stevareno
09-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Hello to everyone....I have been linking here for days now, so I thought shoot...just join. My name is Steve from Lawrenceburg Indiana...and just got bitten once again by the "Vintage Bug". I was crazy enough to think that I would get some kind of quality out of a new Harman Kardon product...obviously I am dillusional....so I bought myself an HK PM660 on Ebay....and now I am scouring the planet for vintage electronics...LOL.
Anyway....just wanted to make myself known and look forward to reading all of the knowledge that this site and all of it's members have to offer!

Rich-n-Texas
09-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Welcome stevareno. The Vintage Gear section does quite a lot of business, so you shouldn't have any problems getting your suggestions, questions, comments acknowledged. Have fun.

GMichael
09-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Welcome to AR.

I think you'll find plenty of members who like HK products.

bobsticks
09-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey Steve-O,

Commin' atcha from downtown Indy. If you let us know more specifically what you're looking for I'll keep an eye out for some local goodies.

Welcome to the forum.

---sticks

stevareno
09-21-2008, 06:09 AM
Thanks Sticks!! I don't have anything specific in mind, it's just that after getting waxed on a new Harman Kardon 3485...(what junk)....I figured the only way to get loud...clean sound...is to go back in time...not forward!! Right now I am bidding on two Sansui preamps...c1000's
two onkyo m-501 amps, two onkyo m-5140 amps and watching a HK 825 preamp...that oughtta get me started don't you think? Also would like to find a high quality EQ for my rig.

stevareno
09-21-2008, 06:13 AM
addendum...I have four new Polk Monitor 60's...I get the feeling that most here do not like them...I think they sound great...even though for some they lack bass. But I am driving them with a Harman Kardon PM660 (circa) 1981....and with the loudness on...tons of bass. Although tommorrow, I am picking up two Advent Heritage speakers from a pastor over in Cincinnati. He stored them after his brother-in-law gave them to him...cost??....80.00!!