A cool record club idea [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A cool record club idea

ForeverAutumn
09-12-2008, 12:35 PM
One of the small record labels that I sometimes order from has started a CD of the month type of program.

For $75, which includes shipping and handling (even to Canada!), they send out a CD on the first of every month. A week prior, I get an email letting me know what the chosen CD is, plus two alternates. If I have the CD or would prefer one of the alternates, I just email them and let them know. If I want the selected title, I do nothing and it's automatically mailed.

It works out to $6.25 per CD and I get to experience some music that I might not otherwise have purchased. My first CD should be arriving any day. It's a band that I've never heard of and I can't wait to hear it!

Auricauricle
09-12-2008, 12:46 PM
I've heard about those clubs that cater to Canada. They're quite personable and well mannered.

I joined one and ordered a Dark Side of the Moon disc. Everything was fine until Money came on: "Money...It's a hit. Don't give me that do-goody-good nonsense".

It was downhill after that.

3-LockBox
09-12-2008, 04:48 PM
One of the small record labels that I sometimes order from has started a CD of the month type of program.

For $75, which includes shipping and handling (even to Canada!), they send out a CD on the first of every month. A week prior, I get an email letting me know what the chosen CD is, plus two alternates. If I have the CD or would prefer one of the alternates, I just email them and let them know. If I want the selected title, I do nothing and it's automatically mailed.

It works out to $6.25 per CD and I get to experience some music that I might not otherwise have purchased. My first CD should be arriving any day. It's a band that I've never heard of and I can't wait to hear it!

What club is this?

ForeverAutumn
09-13-2008, 04:15 AM
What club is this?

Progrock Records. I didn't want to say that in my first post because I figured that the folks around here would see Progrock and stop reading. I wanted the thread to be about the idea and not the label itself.

http://www.progrockrecords.com/shop/view.php?id=167

Barry and I both joined. We each order a different CD and then we can trade off so that we each get to hear two CDs.

Swish
09-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Progrock Records. I didn't want to say that in my first post because I figured that the folks around here would see Progrock and stop reading. I wanted the thread to be about the idea and not the label itself.

http://www.progrockrecords.com/shop/view.php?id=167

Barry and I both joined. We each order a different CD and then we can trade off so that we each get to hear two CDs.

...beer coasters. I have some swamp land in Florida going really cheap if you're interested. I'll sell you one square foot per month until you own the entire acre, and only $5.99 per month + S & H. Deal?

Swish

ForeverAutumn
09-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks for proving my point.

Graphyfotoz
09-13-2008, 09:22 PM
One of the Classical Music Mags did that some years ago.
Got a mag and a CD every month but it was like $100 2x a year IIRC back then.
Lasted about 3yrs or so and went belly up.
Subscribers got stiffed for their $$$.
One of my Friends belonged to it.....think it was about 10yrs ago give or take a year.

Swish
09-14-2008, 05:32 AM
Thanks for proving my point.

:prrr:

bobsticks
09-14-2008, 06:41 AM
It must be comp time.

kexodusc
09-15-2008, 04:28 AM
So if a third person ordered the 3rd CD....

Thanks for the tip FA...I'm in.

emesbee
09-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Progrock Records. I didn't want to say that in my first post because I figured that the folks around here would see Progrock and stop reading.

Not me! I grew up with Yes, ELP and Gryphon (yes, Gryphon!).
And Curved Air, too.

ForeverAutumn
09-16-2008, 03:54 AM
Well then, glad to have you around emesbee! :yesnod: :)

Swish
09-16-2008, 07:05 AM
Not me! I grew up with Yes, ELP and Gryphon (yes, Gryphon!).
And Curved Air, too.

You can still be saved from the vice-grips of prog.

Swishdaddy - hating prog for like ever.

ForeverAutumn
09-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I will pray for your soul emesbee.

Don't believe it emesbee. He'd be more likely to buy your soul. And not for a fair price either...just look at that swamp land he tried to sell me. He's a shyster! Run away!!!

:nonod:

Swish
09-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Don't believe it emesbee. He'd be more likely to buy your soul. And not for a fair price either...just look at that swamp land he tried to sell me. He's a shyster! Run away!!!

:nonod:

Just ponder my comment for a few minutes...I will pray for your soul...and perhaps it will sink in. Then again, I could be wrong.

They call me....Swish

3-LockBox
09-16-2008, 03:03 PM
...I will pray for your soul...

more like 'prey for your sole'

bwahaha...er..uh..yeah...

anyhoo...

ForeverAutumn
09-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Just ponder my comment for a few minutes...I will pray for your soul...and perhaps it will sink in. Then again, I could be wrong.

They call me....Swish

You're still a shyster. ;)