NYC Rotel Repair Recommendation? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NYC Rotel Repair Recommendation?

fixilator
09-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Hey all... was hoping someone could recommend a place to have my Rotel RCD-971 CD player repaired. It's stopped reading CDs consistently. For no reason whatsoever. Driving me crazy!

Or better yet, maybe some DIY-advice for how to fix the problem. Has anyone had this problem before?

But barring fixing it myself, would like to avoid going to some place where there's a $100 bench fee and then an outrageous quote for what it'll be to actually get it working again.

Any and all info / advice would be greatly appreciated.

elapsed
09-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi fixilator, welcome to AR! You may want to post over at http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/ in the Digital forum. You'll find a number of individuals that are very familiar with the internal workings of the RCD-971 (search the forum for RCD-971 and you'll find many threads on this cd player).

cheers,
elapsed

JohnMichael
09-09-2008, 04:39 PM
I have had two problems with two seperate Rotle products and I have sent them both to Rotel for service. The service was quick and the cost was reasonable. If you can fix it yourself that is great but if you are not able to Rotel will take good care of it.

fixilator
09-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks for your responses -- got some help from DIYaudio and it's good to know that Rotel is a viable option if I need to go that route.