Star Wars Favorite Scenes [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Favorite Scenes

Smokey
09-08-2008, 07:09 PM
If you are like me, after seeing an action movie several times, some scenes become more memorable than others. Star Wars trilogy had alot of good action scenes, but these stick out more than the others:

In random order:

Stars Wars IV-Empire Strikes Back: Empire fighters are chasing the Falcon through the asteroids field and C3PO keep nagging Harrison Ford about what the odds are in navigating successfully thru the asteroid fields.
http://orbita.starmedia.com/~necrose/Sci-Fi/Filmes/asteroids.jpg

Star Wars I-Phantom Menace: Jar Jar Blinks do two flips and dive into water and guides the Jedi to under water city of Otoh Gunga. And then they get chased by under water sea monsters when leaving.
http://www.archives-alliance.com/images/chr0005.jpg

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/starwars/image/article/608/608596/1opeeseakiller_1114805568.jpg

Star Wars II-Attack of the Clones: The gladiator stadium scene where the two Jedi and the girl have to fight three ferocious creators.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d91/CicadaStar/Inside%20The%20Cosmic%20Cube/600px-Acklay3.jpg

GMichael
09-09-2008, 06:04 AM
Just before the pod races in EP one. Everyone was reving their engines. My sub was working overtime.

Kam
09-09-2008, 07:48 AM
when i think back over the entire series... the scenes that hit a chord with me are:

Vader "killing" obi wan - how cool a story twist was this? i still remember watching it for the first time and wondering who would win. i thought it'd be a standstill and obi wan would get away with the group in the millenium and then... sssssslice... he's dead! but wait, he's not there at all! and his voice urges Luke on from beyond the grave. That dialogue between Obi and Darth during that fight was just too classic!

The assault on the death star and the pov camera work diving into the corridor (stay on target... stay on target...) the special effects here (in the original) were amazing! one of the few times audiences (at least me) had seen something you'd never seen before.

Solo shooting first - and yes, no matter what the author himself may say, Solo shot first. And became an instantly classic character for doing so.

Luke walking into jaba's lair like the baddest badass of badasses - after the anticipation and waiting and all for the last installment, especially given the cliffhanger ending of Empire, the opening of Jedi with Luke walking into Jaba's lair as a full-on Jedi was just too cool.

Darth vader at the head of the table - when that door opens and darth is standing there with boba fett at his side solo fires and vader just flicks the shots away... ultimate badassery again and great imagery.

(ps: Ep 1-3, nothing memorable at all. cool shots? yep. cool action? yep. anything memorable? nope.)

GMichael
09-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Hey! KAM is visiting! Hi KAM. How's it hangin'?

Ep 4, (movie 1?)

It's just like hunting womp rats back home. They weren't much bigger than (how many meters?!) Yikes!

Rich-n-Texas
09-09-2008, 09:27 AM
New Star Wars box set in the Day Room Festus? :biggrin5:

Kam
09-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey! KAM is visiting! Hi KAM. How's it hangin'?

Ep 4, (movie 1?)

It's just like hunting womp rats back home. They weren't much bigger than (how many meters?!) Yikes!

heya GM! it's a hangin' good!

"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters"

so these nasty rats are about 6 feet long?? that's a ginormous rat! ewwww disgusting!

ForeverAutumn
09-09-2008, 09:48 AM
As a kid seeing the first Star Wars release for the first time ( I was 11), I absolutely loved the bar scene with all of the interesting creatures from other galaxies. There are lots of great moments in the stories but that's the scene that had the biggest impact on me at the time and still the scene that I look forward to when I see this movie.

It's a girly perspective...I know.

L.J.
09-09-2008, 10:17 AM
I like the battle scene on Empire Strikes Back that takes place on the ice planet. My favorite part is the snow speeders trying to take down the Walkers using cables to tie the legs together.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d7/Battlehothesb.JPG/350px-Battlehothesb.JPG

GMichael
09-09-2008, 12:09 PM
As a kid seeing the first Star Wars release for the first time ( I was 11), I absolutely loved the bar scene with all of the interesting creatures from other galaxies. There are lots of great moments in the stories but that's the scene that had the biggest impact on me at the time and still the scene that I look forward to when I see this movie.

It's a girly perspective...I know.

Sure, if you're a bar fly.

heh heh heh....

I like that sceen too.

Smokey
09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Looks like most memorable scenes emanating from first three installations of Stars Wars (Ep IV to VI), with Kam and FA leading the way and L.J. providing much needed visual effect :thumbsup:

But I thought EP I thru III did a good job of providing some interesting characters with sound over tome. Like GM mentioned, scene of pod races with heart pounding sounding effects. Or the speeder race chase scene thru the city sky line after failed assassination attempt on queen with those creepy snake like creatures.

New Star Wars box set in the Day Room Festus? :biggrin5:

Yes. Nurse Hatchet is a big fan :ciappa:

kexodusc
09-10-2008, 05:27 AM
I grew up watching these movies almost weekly and never get enough of them.

When the new trilogy hit, I was a bit disappointed at first, but then I realized I'm just older now, and there's nothing likely to shake up the movie world like Star Wars ever again. I watch all 6 at least a few times a year - I'm coming to better appreciate the prequel trilogy the more I watch it, and I'm noticing the same things I ripped in EP 1-3 for were all over the place in 4-6, but somehow I gave them a free ride.

Anyway, for all its faults, and the prevalent cool-to-hate attitude the 1990's brougth to the movie world, these were still solid movies that holds up well against the majority of films that make it to theater these days

Highlights for me - the palace on Naboo, the 2 jedi's, Anakin, a few troops are all making their way to the hanger...the doors open, John Williams theme kicks in and a bad ass Darth Maul with his cool double-lightsaber greets them:
http://images.tomshardware.com/2007/06/01/the_best_star_wars_movie_moments/darthmaul.jpg

In Attack of the Clones...the scene where Anakin races through the desert to go find his mom, then subsequently sheds the whiny, typical restless teenager we all find annoying, and gives us a glimpse of the evil, slaughtering Sith-to-be we all know and love.

Revenge of the Sith - the scene where Anakin figures out that Palpatine is a Sith Lord..

""Be wary of the Jedi, Anakin. Only through me you can achieve a power greater than any Jedi."
“Are you going to kill me?” asked Palpatine.

“I would certainly like to,” said Anakin, quite pissed off....

“I know you would,” “I can feel your anger. It gives you focus, makes you stronger.”
This is the exact point where the seeds of doubt were planted, and Anakin's destiny changed forever. He just didn't know it yet....great stuff.

Auricauricle
09-10-2008, 07:11 AM
1. I liked the scene with Darth Vader telling Luke he was his father--after he had lopped off his hand. Suddenly the fun ride got pretty dark. Nice twist!

2. Leia finally tells Han she loves him. His answer, "I know"....Perfect.

GMichael
09-10-2008, 07:26 AM
1. I liked the scene with Darth Vader telling Luke he was his father--after he had lopped off his hand. Suddenly the fun ride got pretty dark. Nice twist!

2. Leia finally tells Han she loves him. His answer, "I know"....Perfect.

2) I read that the "I know" line was not what was written. He was supposed to say I love you back, but it didn't sound right. After a few takes Harrison Ford said the I know line and everyone loved it.
I don't know how true that story is, but that's what I read.

Auricauricle
09-10-2008, 07:39 AM
I read that somewhere or other; that's one of Ford's strengths as an actor. He not only works on a film, he collaborates: finding ways he can add or subtract from the script to make the characters more "true". Haven't read the books--don't intend to.

eisforelectronic
09-12-2008, 11:46 AM
2) I read that the "I know" line was not what was written. He was supposed to say I love you back, but it didn't sound right. After a few takes Harrison Ford said the I know line and everyone loved it.
I don't know how true that story is, but that's what I read.

Kirshner stated that in a couple of the documentary's

I really like the opening battle of Episode III above Corsucant

nightflier
09-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I also saw the first movie (EP4) in the theaters and it was actually my first exposure to sci-fi. After seeing that movie I read every sci-fi book I could lay my hands on. I didn't see many movies when I was a kid, we didn't have much money, so movies, when approved by my parents (usually Disney stuff), was only for very special occasions (Star Wars wasn't one of them, I snuck in). Anyhow, the sword fight with Obi Wan and Darth was the most memorable for me.

Years later I saw the Empire Strikes Back and I genuinely felt distraught over the plight of the resistance. I mean I knew it was going to be bad, but I was so demoralized I even wrote a letter to George Lucas (kind of funny thinking back on that now). Return of the Jedi was way too Disney for me and it seems that episodes 1-3 only sunk further down (who didn't want to take a lightsaber to Jar Jar every time he opened his mouth?). Some of the battle scenes were redeeming, but for some reason the movies just went downhill for me. Maybe I was expecting too much - kind of like things never being as good as the first time and all that jazz. No amount of special effects can fix that.

That said, I'll still go see whatever comes next, maybe out of morbid curiosity. Gawd I sure hope the next one is rated "R" - 'So friggin' tired of snotty little kids running up & down the isles. When I was a kid, I was glued to my seat. Kids these days are apparently way to overstimulated to enjoy a full-length movie anymore w/o becoming royal a$$-clowns.

...I must be getting old.

ForeverAutumn
09-13-2008, 04:31 AM
Here's a question for you Star Wars geeks. When you hanker down to watch the whole series, do you watch them in their chronological story order (1-6) or chronological filming order (4-6 then 1-3)?

Just curious.

eisforelectronic
09-14-2008, 03:30 AM
1-6 for me. I think it gives a different perspective to the saga when you watch it in order. A New Hope feels different to me when I watch Revenge of the Sith before it. Besides Lucas is my master and I must obey.

kelsci
10-01-2008, 06:04 AM
I like the first 5 or six minutes of the pod race the best of the whole series. It shows great use of sound effects editing. There are too many other scenes of the series that I like as well. I thought "RETURN OF THE JEDI'' was the weakest entry of the series because of the rehashing of the death star thingy. The Ewoks thingy was sort of "childish" too and not befitting to episodes 4 and 5.

bobsticks
10-01-2008, 06:10 AM
Solo shooting first - and yes, no matter what the author himself may say, Solo shot first. And became an instantly classic character for doing so.

Absolutely. Hi,I'm the reluctant anti-hero you're gonna follow around for a decade or so.

Who here didn't harbor a very real desire to see ol' Luke SissyMary offed so Solo would get more screentime and a clear shot at Princess Cow Pie?

Auricauricle
10-01-2008, 08:14 AM
COW PIE?!?!

Udderly ridiculous.

Why do you think I was glad to see the final showdown between Luke and Darth. Finally, the lad shows a few cajones!

Now, if would just get rid of that sissy-suit and quit showing everybody his light-saber....